Greatest T-Man of All Time?

Babe Ruth shouldn’t even get a passing mention in such a discussion.

My list begins and ends with Patrick Tillman

[quote]slimjim wrote:

My list begins and ends with Patrick Tillman[/quote]

I don’t know very much about Tillman other than he played Pro Football and died while in service to his country. I would however, say that he is a FAR better choice than Ruth.

I would wager Lou Gehrig to be a fair example of a T-man.

[quote]slimjim wrote:

My list begins and ends with Patrick Tillman[/quote]

2002 T-Man of the Year
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=248hero2

Yvon Chouinard
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=222tc2

Max Manus.

Not me, of course, but the original Max Manus:

Lou Gehrig, definitely…

And lest we forget…

Jackie Robinson.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Lou Gehrig, definitely…

And lest we forget…

Jackie Robinson.

Mufasa[/quote]

Can’t have one of these lists without Ted Williams, the real life version of John Wayne.

I was thinking Jack Palance.

Braddock from Cinderalla Man is probably as close as a movie can come, I think, to portraying this “T-Man” ideal everyone talks about. The guy stays loyal to his wife, never gives up no matter how low he gets, and even pays the government back their money… a true stand up guy. They don’t get better than that.

Not to mention, the real life Braddock went back to working construction after he lost the title, and helped build the Verrazano Bridge, and lived in Jersey in a house around here till he died… humble, also, I should think.

Either that, or Maximus from Gladiator.

[quote]baretta wrote:
One time my girlfriend was like “Honey, do you think I should take my grandmother off life support?” and I was like “fuck this shit, i’m going out to drink some beers and slap strippers on the ass”

I’m the greatest T-man of all time[/quote]

10 TC funny points (in the obscure “Sarcasm” category) to you!

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
It seems like I’ve read TC figuratively “pull his hair out” because so many have equated "being a “T-Man” with “beer swigging/nut scratching/blowing-shit-up” irresponsibility.

I just don’t think that’s the case…

Mufasa

(P.S. Well…maybe nut scratching…but you get my point!)[/quote]

You got that right, Mufasa

Granted, I’m not the ultimate authority on what the absolute definition of a righteous man is, but if we’re talking about a “T-Man,” I get to weigh in because I coined the phrase.

Braddock, Robinson, and Tilman definitely have T-man attributes, but the consummate T-Man is a blend of courage, integrity, and smarts.

The last one gets left off far too often.

[quote]TC wrote:

Braddock, Robinson, and Tilman definitely have T-man attributes, but the consummate T-Man is a blend of courage, integrity, and smarts.

The last one gets left off far too often.

[/quote]

With that in mind, all I have to say is my vote goes to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

In a country where most people are completely ignorant of politics, he learned the language, conquered Hollywood, got involved and is doing great things for his state and the country as a whole.

Samwise Gamgee.

One bad ass mofo who wouldn’t quit; killed a gigantic spider, would fight anyone for his friend, and could carry his buddy on his back while climbing up a mountain full of lava, while fighting the evil Gollum.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Cyberdyne Systems T-800

[/quote]

I second this!

[quote]SWR wrote:
Samwise Gamgee.

One bad ass mofo who wouldn’t quit; killed a gigantic spider, would fight anyone for his friend, and could carry his buddy on his back while climbing up a mountain full of lava, while fighting the evil Gollum.[/quote]

I’ll 2nd that! I’m not usually into short, chunky guys with hairy feet, but Samwise was quite the T-Man.

[quote]SWR wrote:
Samwise Gamgee.

One bad ass mofo who wouldn’t quit; killed a gigantic spider, would fight anyone for his friend, and could carry his buddy on his back while climbing up a mountain full of lava, while fighting the evil Gollum.[/quote]

Kinda ambiguously gay though.

Bokito the gorilla who escaped in Holland, the alpha-silverback male
who would dwarf any T-man by comparison.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
SWR wrote:
Samwise Gamgee.

One bad ass mofo who wouldn’t quit; killed a gigantic spider, would fight anyone for his friend, and could carry his buddy on his back while climbing up a mountain full of lava, while fighting the evil Gollum.

Kinda ambiguously gay though. [/quote]

You’ve been reading too much on-line slash fiction.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
SWR wrote:
Samwise Gamgee.

Kinda ambiguously gay though.

You’ve been reading too much on-line slash fiction.

[/quote]

I don’t know man. Those guys seemed extremely gay throughout the movie. I wouldn’t exactly model myself after them if I was going for the ultimate Testesterone driven male.

We got Samwise… or Sam Elliot. NO fucking contest.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I don’t know man. Those guys seemed extremely gay throughout the movie. I wouldn’t exactly model myself after them if I was going for the ultimate Testesterone driven male.

We got Samwise… or Sam Elliot. NO fucking contest.[/quote]

I’ve heard that Sam Elliot can make women orgasm with his voice alone.

In probably his coolest role, besides Roadhouse of course, as John Buford.