Greatest strikers: Roy Jones Jr

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Great vid London, thanks for sharing. I could watch/listen to BHop talk about strategy all day.[/quote]

Makes two of us. I learn so much every time he talks boxing. He could be one of the all-time great coaches imo if wanted to on his retirement.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Just thought I’d use this thread to heap more praise on the master after his convincing win against a young, unbeaten world champion, who is a very able fighter in his own right. No soft Ws for B-Hop, no ducking, no running. [/quote]

That fight was remarkable man. He looked just like the Hopkins that whooped Pavlik. Seriously, does this guy get old? To fight at that level, to make a young fighter like Cloud miss wildly like that… man, he’s amazing.[/quote]

Ye mate, Hopkins seriously pulled it out of the top draw. Cloud is a quality fighter but he had no answer for the smarts of B-Hop. His whole approach to the fight game is something I really admire. I don’t really go in for heros, but Hopkins has been the blueprint for the fighter I have always aspired to be.

Shit just this dude talking gives me the chills

“I understand the economic threat that I am, they want to sit my ass down!”

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Shit just this dude talking gives me the chills

“I understand the economic threat that I am, they want to sit my ass down!”[/quote]

I swear I look forward to hearing Hopkins speak as much as I look forward to seeing him fight. He’s an intelligent and articulate guy, and a great advert for boxing.

i am waiting for fighting Irish to chime in first.

Ya’ll will have to excuse my boxing ingorance, but is Bhop the dude who robbed pimps and all back in the day then became a pro fighter? Just curious is all, not trying to trash the guy or anything. I had never heard him talk till that jab video and he would make a hell of a trainer.

He went to prison as a young man, participated in the boxing program in the prison and then went pro when he came out, I think he was 24 when he turned pro.