Greatest Strength Feat?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I saw my uncle knock a horse out with one punch. I mean he knocked him the fuck out.

That was impressive to me as a 10 year old kid.[/quote]

Wasn’t he in Blazing Saddles?

On topic, I will say Ed Coan deadlifting 901 lbs weighing 220.

[quote]derek wrote:
My friend and I “team” deadlifted my Jeep, lifting the front wheels 6" off the pavement and holding it long enough for his parents to take four pictures of us. The bumper aint’ exactly the easiest thing to hold onto either.

Does anyone have strength feats they’ve done themselves?[/quote]

A friend of mine and myself flipped my sisters ex boyfriend “crx” in his driveway, he quit harasing her afterword.

A victorian cross - almost!

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~slow/elt/pommels/Rodrigues,%20Danny%20-%20SR%20-%20French%20Internationals%202005%20Victorian.wmv

[quote]BookemD wrote:
I find the following video pretty impressive myself. How many freaking years of training do you need to do what this kid does. I especially like the “push-ups” at the end.

Pretty freaking incredible if you ask me.

-BD[/quote]

Ahhh… Break Dance, my first love (after martial arts). It’s because of this stuff that I wanted to learn it. There’s some Capoeira moves in there too.

I liked those planche push-ups at the end :slight_smile: (Is that what they’re called?) Now talk to that guy about core strength, huh? he must have abs and spinal erectors of steel.

[quote]OneEye wrote:
OneEye wrote:
Watching the video of Pyrros Dimas training was inspiring.[/quote]

He weighs the same as me, and front squats 200kg! Damn, I’m still struggling to get to 100kg back squats!

Total newbie question here: When they say 200kg, do they mean with the bar, or the weight thats on the bar (so it would actually be 220kg)?

Miserere
Total weight, always include the bar.

Dax

[quote]Miserere wrote:
OneEye wrote:
OneEye wrote:
Watching the video of Pyrros Dimas training was inspiring.

He weighs the same as me, and front squats 200kg! Damn, I’m still struggling to get to 100kg back squats![/quote]

Tell me about it. Until I watched that, I felt pretty good about closing in on a 100kg front squat and a 200kg back squat. Dimas isn’t just strong; he’s inhuman.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
OneEye wrote:
OneEye wrote:
Watching the video of Pyrros Dimas training was inspiring.

He weighs the same as me, and front squats 200kg! Damn, I’m still struggling to get to 100kg back squats!

Total newbie question here: When they say 200kg, do they mean with the bar, or the weight thats on the bar (so it would actually be 220kg)?[/quote]

he did the 200k front squats with ease i say there is alot more in him

Igor Shestakov squatting 848lbs @ 180lbs. I seen this guy train. What a monster.

Moe

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I saw my uncle knock a horse out with one punch. I mean he knocked him the fuck out.

That was impressive to me as a 10 year old kid.[/quote]

Thanks for that, rainjack. I can’t imagine what your uncle must look like, or what the horse looked like, but the image of a guy punching out a horse just made me crack up.

Rainjack & Norweige:

Rainjack; did the horse piss him off ?LOL this makes me recall Conan the Barbarian where Arnold punches out the horse as well hahaha…

I don’t have anything like what you guys have posted but I do recall when CNNSi (the TV show) did a piece on Jayson Williams of the New Jersey Nets(before he shot his chauffeur and did time) working in the gym and he cleaned and pressed a 185 lbs loaded barbell one-handed. Not as impressive as the others have posted but it still sticks out in my mind…

[quote]jaybvee wrote:
Rainjack & Norweige:

Rainjack; did the horse piss him off ?LOL this makes me recall Conan the Barbarian where Arnold punches out the horse as well hahaha…
[/quote]

My uncle stands about 5’8", and he was shoeing this old nag that was fond of leaning on you. She weighed about 1000 pounds, if I remember correctly (that was 30 years ago).

After several failed attempts at getting her attention by slapping her on the belly with his rasp, My uncle lost his temper and started cussing REALLY bad. I thought he was mad at me for getting in the way, so I hauled ass to the pick up. When I turned around I saw him cold cock that mare right in the jaw. The horse’s knees wobbled, buckled, then gave out on her. She hit the ground like a sack of potatoes.

I was so scared that I never mentioned that day until after I graduated highschool. Then it was funny as hell. But at the time - I just knew my number was up.