Greatest Song Ever (All Genres)

Ring Of Fire is my pick. Carry on.

Shouldn’t you label the genre your going to add input towards?

Bittersweet Symphony - Alternative Rock?

Don’t Be Mean–The Raincoats

Heroin - The Velvet Underground

Inner City Blues - Marvin Gaye

Copperhead Road, Steve Earle

I can’t pick 10 bands and now I have to narrow it down to one song…jeeze.

Greatest song ever written would probably be something classical. I’m thinking romantic…maybe Chopin…

Moody’s Mood for Love?

Fuck it, I’m going with The Beatles. Either “Happiness Is a Warm Gun” or “Golden Slumbers”/“Carry That Weight”.

[quote]wfifer wrote:

Greatest song ever written would probably be something classical. I’m thinking romantic…maybe Chopin…

Moody’s Mood for Love?

Fuck it, I’m going with The Beatles. Either “Happiness Is a Warm Gun” or “Golden Slumbers”/“Carry That Weight”. [/quote]

I. Fucking. Despise. The Beatles.

How that band got popular, I’ll never understand.

“Mr. Sun”, Barney

Genre = Children’s

/thread

Hell Awaits - Fuckin’ Slayer

/THREAD

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
wfifer wrote:

Moody’s Mood for Love?

Fuck it, I’m going with The Beatles. Either “Happiness Is a Warm Gun” or “Golden Slumbers”/“Carry That Weight”.

How that band got popular, I’ll never understand.[/quote]

X2

I don’t get the whole fascination. Then when I say I don’t like them, people look at me like I have a flesh eating virus.

Ohh, all you fuckers need to listen to real “great” music.

I present;

The greatest song ever written. Play it loud before you pass judgment,.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
wfifer wrote:

Moody’s Mood for Love?

How that band got popular, I’ll never understand.

X2

I don’t get the whole fascination. Then when I say I don’t like them, people look at me like I have a flesh eating virus.[/quote]

Same here. Even as a little kid, I remember sitting in my dad’s car thinking ‘What is this shit? Turn if off already.’ People act like if you don’t worship the Beatles you’re just trying to be contrary. They never even consider that maybe they just make crap music.

Wellllllllllll either:

Tool - Reflection
Tool- Rosetta Stoned
Tool- Lateralus
Tool- Third Eye

Technically they weren’t the most amazing musicians but the song writing was often genius. And I’m a fan of McCartney’s delivery. I get the need to be an iconoclast, I’ve been there…but if you haven’t really explored the entire Beatles library you’re missing out. Abbey Road is what drew me. Other albums are very hit or miss, but we’re judging individual songs here.

[quote]Stone101 wrote:
Wellllllllllll either:

Tool - Reflection
Tool- Rosetta Stoned
Tool- Lateralus
Tool- Third Eye[/quote]

I like.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Technically they weren’t the most amazing musicians but the song writing was often genius. And I’m a fan of McCartney’s delivery. I get the need to be an iconoclast, I’ve been there…but if you haven’t really explored the entire Beatles library you’re missing out. Abbey Road is what drew me. Other albums are very hit or miss, but we’re judging individual songs here. [/quote]

That’s the attitude I’m talking about. It’s not just that we have different opinions, it’s like I’m just wrong and possibly mentally deranged.

This happens to me all the time. People always dismiss shit they don’t like to hear with, ‘Oh, you’re just being an iconoclast. Stirring the pot. I get it.’ It’s condescending.

Often, the perpetrators of this phenomenon are Beatles Fans.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
wfifer wrote:
Technically they weren’t the most amazing musicians but the song writing was often genius. And I’m a fan of McCartney’s delivery. I get the need to be an iconoclast, I’ve been there…but if you haven’t really explored the entire Beatles library you’re missing out. Abbey Road is what drew me. Other albums are very hit or miss, but we’re judging individual songs here.

That’s the attitude I’m talking about. It’s not just that we have different opinions, it’s like I’m just wrong and possibly mentally deranged.

This happens to me all the time. People always dismiss shit they don’t like to hear with, ‘Oh, you’re just being an iconoclast. Stirring the pot. I get it.’ It’s condescending.

Often, the perpetrators of this phenomenon are Beatles Fans.[/quote]

The Beatles were the greatest band, EVER.

The Sex Pistols are the most overrated “band”, next to Nirvana.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: