Greatest Run in NFL History...

[quote]daveirl wrote:
Ah that’s nothing :wink:

Man I love that clip, I could watch that all day

Just… so… AWESOME. Bo was the most unstoppable player in that game. Typically in Tecmo Bowl, if you guessed the other guy’s play, you shut him down on offense… but even then, Bo was good for 5-10 yards. It was ridiculous.

Also, I’m surprised no one has said anything about the amazing cannon arm they gave Doug Williams in that game. He could fire it 70 yards down field like it was nothing.

As much as I love Tecmo Bowl on the NES, this was my favorite game of all time:

The fact that it had a battery in it to keep track of stats made it borderline revolutionary at the time.

[quote]daveirl wrote:
Ah that’s nothing :wink:

Is that like rugby’s version of Cal/Stanford?

[quote]Mordred wrote:

Walter Payton was obviously the best all around back in Tecmo Bowl![/quote]

I forgot about him. He was wicked.

Baseball stars was one of the best!

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Mordred wrote:

Walter Payton was obviously the best all around back in Tecmo Bowl!

I forgot about him. He was wicked.[/quote]

were talkin super techmo bowl here.

Barry was great, but I think Christian Okye was better with the hitting power he had.

Mark Carrier(Saftey for bears) was unstoppable on defense.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Bullshit! It was all about Mark Bavaro and Little Joe. The Giants could not be stopped…and LT was a wrecking ball on defense.[/quote]

Joe Morris wasn’t in Tecmo Super Bowl, but he was in the original Tecmo Bowl. Ottis Anderson was the go-to guy for the Giants.

A-Town Crown, I don’t know if you know, but Tecmo Super Bowl was released for the Playstation. I found it for $3. It’s not the same as the NES and the Super NES versions, though. All the great close ups, cut scenes, and halftime shows were missing. If you liked the action anyway, then head for your local GameStop.

I have won the Super Bowl with every single team, or at least 90% of them, and Bo was definitely the best player. I never liked defending against him. Even against the computer and playing an anti-rushing defense, he usually gets 100-yard games.

It sucks to think about how great he could’ve been before he blew out his hip. I’m sure Bo Knows.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Nicholas F wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
Nicholas F wrote:

No way man, Christian Okye was way more badass, he could run threw people.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I think I averaged like 1,200 yards a game with him.

Although the Jackson/Allen backfield combo of the Raiders was tough to beat in that game…

Oh there was no stopping them thats for sure.

Hands down though, Jerry Rice was the most badass offensive player in that game. Hands of GLUE and excellent speed.

Bullshit! It was all about Mark Bavaro and Little Joe. The Giants could not be stopped…and LT was a wrecking ball on defense.

The Giants?? Pssh, pleeeease.

Honestly, I think Barry Sanders was the best back, The Bills might have been the best all-around team, and you could pretty much just toss up a throw anywhere on the field with the Dolphins and either Duper or Clayton would come down with it.[/quote]

I agree with you on Barry Sanders. I could rack up 400+ yards on several occasions over a season, but he always got hurt after a few games. But, Bo was virtually unstoppable.

I have to say that the Giants are the best all-around team. LT cannot be stopped - it’s just not fair.

Incidentally, I still own my old NES and Super Tecmo. I still have the Tecmo Bowl too. My 8-year old son plays all of the games, sometimes with me, but he gets pissed because I can still whip his ass in most of the games.

I also have:
Baseball Stars
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Super Mario/Duck Hunt
Marble Madness
Michael Andretti Gran Prix
Archrivals
Where’s Waldo (wtf, don’t ask me, I don’t remember how I got that one)

DB

LMAO!!! Now that’s a run! Use to LIVE to play that game with my buddies back in the day, It was around 90’ or 91’. We would play the hell out of that game, the Nintendo box would be almost on fire. Great stuff, great times.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Nicholas F wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
Nicholas F wrote:

No way man, Christian Okye was way more badass, he could run threw people.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I think I averaged like 1,200 yards a game with him.

Although the Jackson/Allen backfield combo of the Raiders was tough to beat in that game…

Oh there was no stopping them thats for sure.

Hands down though, Jerry Rice was the most badass offensive player in that game. Hands of GLUE and excellent speed.

Bullshit! It was all about Mark Bavaro and Little Joe. The Giants could not be stopped…and LT was a wrecking ball on defense.

The Giants?? Pssh, pleeeease.

Honestly, I think Barry Sanders was the best back, The Bills might have been the best all-around team, and you could pretty much just toss up a throw anywhere on the field with the Dolphins and either Duper or Clayton would come down with it.

I agree with you on Barry Sanders. I could rack up 400+ yards on several occasions over a season, but he always got hurt after a few games. But, Bo was virtually unstoppable.

I have to say that the Giants are the best all-around team. LT cannot be stopped - it’s just not fair.

Incidentally, I still own my old NES and Super Tecmo. I still have the Tecmo Bowl too. My 8-year old son plays all of the games, sometimes with me, but he gets pissed because I can still whip his ass in most of the games.

I also have:
Baseball Stars
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Super Mario/Duck Hunt
Marble Madness
Michael Andretti Gran Prix
Archrivals
Where’s Waldo (wtf, don’t ask me, I don’t remember how I got that one)

DB[/quote]

Baseball Stars was a great one too.