Greatest Pound for Pound Fighter EVER?

[quote]drewh wrote:
Whoa prime Cro Cop and Nog, Anderson beat Hendo, Rich Franklin twice, Griffin Marquardt how are you going to punish A Silva for not being in a bad position.[/quote]

Wow are you serious? The fighters are decent that Anderson beat. Fedor has beaten better fighters and its a fact. Anderson is also bigger then most people he beats up. Fedor is a small HW.

[quote]drewh wrote:
I don’t understand why someone like Fedor gets to have every excuse in the world but somei=one like a Mayweather doesn’t.[/quote]

What excuses? If anything, we need excuses for GSP and Silva. “Oh, GSP was going through hard times when he lost to Serra. He isn’t mentally weak.” “It’s not Silva’s fault his division doesn’t have a lot of competition. He makes them look silly!” News flash. Anderson Silva would have a much tougher time beating prime Nog and Cro-Cop than he did against Nate, Rich, and Hendo. Silva is taller than Fedor and their walking weights are the same, but Fedor chooses to fight at HW against guys who are bigger and stronger. For his entire career he is been the giant slayer and he wins on heart, technique, and the most fearsome mental fortitude in MMA.

If you want to know who the greatest fighter is, you need to have them fight each other. If you would bet money on GSP or Silva against Fedor, than that’s fine, we just disagree. But all this “relative” and “P4P” stuff is complete garbage when you are talking about 3 guys who are about the same size. GSP could up the juice and the calories and easily hit a pretty lean 220. We know Anderson could do it because he is already the same size as Fedor. I honestly think GSP would shit his pants if he was standing across the ring from a Mark Coleman, an Andrei Arlovski, a Tim Sylvia, a Cro Cop, a Nog. Fedor is the only one of those 3 that is fearless.

Even though GSP is currently my favourite fighter, I have to somewhat agree with chitown34, Fedor is the Greatest.

[quote]Liv92 wrote:
drewh wrote:
Whoa prime Cro Cop and Nog, Anderson beat Hendo, Rich Franklin twice, Griffin Marquardt how are you going to punish A Silva for not being in a bad position.

Fedor has beaten better fighters and its a fact. [/quote]

No,it’s not. It’s opinion.

And to somewhat follow what Xen stated: A.Silva was once top of the food chain at 170. He beat Hayato Sakurai…who was considered best P4P fighter at the time. The UFC tried to get Silva when he was at 170 to challenge Matt Hughes,but he didn’t like the UFC’s offer. Now imagine if that deal came together…imagine if we had the privilege to witness Hughes,GSP,and Silva in same division at that time.

To get back on track,there is something to be said for a fighter who can be successful in three weight divisions. Yes,Fedor is the most dominating champion of the group. But if you’re going to bother with P4P discussions(which I usually despise)…you must re-evaluate what P4P means in the first place.

It’s no secret Fedor has problems against faster guys that’s where his toughest fights have been. Anderson has been ranked number 1 at welterweight middleweight and is ranked at light heavy. I like Fedor but this godlike status is stupid. Have them all fight come, there are weight classes for a reason. The giant slayer damn hong man choi and gary goodridge amazing nobodies ever beat them before.

If you want to say Fedor then Nog, Randy, BJ are better than Anderson I mean BJ’s come the closest to beating Machida right he’s rebuilt himself after losing to GSP. Randy is old as fuck and small and has heart. Nog he beat Bob fucking Sapp and has come from the clinches of defeat. Also saying one weight class is better than the other is stupid. It’s just that Anderson is that good. Forrest is very competitive at light heavy and we all saw what happened when Silva fought him. And excuses ducking Cro Cop to train for him, not signing with the UFC, fighting Matt Lindland? I understand his management blah blah blah but until he starts fighting the current best he’s behind Anderson in my book.

I’d say the greatest fighter is Fedor. I knew he wasn’t really the most muscular but… I didn’t expect him to be as small as Anderson Silva.

Bruce Lee.

He was so ahead of his time he was already doing what fighters do today which is MMA… They probably only do it because he did as well. He never fought in competitively but he was a street fighter. He was challenged often and never lost. This makes him a better fighter in my opinion. No rules = more risks.

Rocky Marciano, Ernesto Hoost, unless we’re talking just MMA

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Bruce Lee.

He was so ahead of his time he was already doing what fighters do today which is MMA… They probably only do it because he did as well. He never fought in competitively but he was a street fighter. He was challenged often and never lost. This makes him a better fighter in my opinion. No rules = more risks.
[/quote]

LOL.

Fedor, him and Silva are close in weight but Fedor doesnt cut anything, thats what P4P is about right, not like its a real legit title anyway its only an opinion.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Liv92 wrote:
drewh wrote:
Whoa prime Cro Cop and Nog, Anderson beat Hendo, Rich Franklin twice, Griffin Marquardt how are you going to punish A Silva for not being in a bad position.

Fedor has beaten better fighters and its a fact.

And to somewhat follow what Xen stated: A.Silva was once top of the food chain at 170. He beat Hayato Sakurai…who was considered best P4P fighter at the time. The UFC tried to get Silva when he was at 170 to challenge Matt Hughes,but he didn’t like the UFC’s offer. Now imagine if that deal came together…imagine if we had the privilege to witness Hughes,GSP,and Silva in same division at that time.

To get back on track,there is something to be said for a fighter who can be successful in three weight divisions. Yes,Fedor is the most dominating champion of the group. But if you’re going to bother with P4P discussions(which I usually despise)…you must re-evaluate what P4P means in the first place.

[/quote]

I didn’t want to chime in pointlessly to this train-wreck of a thread, but I wanted to comment on your post :slight_smile:

When exactly was Mach “best P4P fighter”? He was dominant before facing Silva and Hughes, but keep in mind that naturally, his frame puts him between lightweight and welterweight. A. Silva was successful in three divisions, but to what extent?

In welterweight, he lost to Luiz Azeredo, (who is one of my favorite fighters, but still - more of a lightweight) and Ryo Chonan. In light-heavyweight he has only 2 bouts - one against Irvin and one against Griffin. Forrest is a respectable opponent, but when him or Jardine go out in spectacular fashion, I can’t help but note to myself that they are very, very hit-or-miss.

The Spider is a great fighter, but he had the privilege of getting his Serra moments, while he was in organization far less media-oriented and without clear, organized champion-oriented fighter hierarchy, compared to the UFC.

Ali.

Challenge everyone in an era of tough cunts. Beat them.

My favourite thing about Ali was that, had he not fought George, everyone would have said “He was a nice boxer, but Foreman would have knocked his head off”.

That was in 2000.

[quote]mldj wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Liv92 wrote:
drewh wrote:

Fedor has beaten better fighters and its a fact.

I didn’t want to chime in pointlessly to this train-wreck of a thread, but I wanted to comment on your post :slight_smile:

When exactly was Mach “best P4P fighter”? He was dominant before facing Silva and Hughes, but keep in mind that naturally, his frame puts him between lightweight and welterweight. A. Silva was successful in three divisions, but to what extent?
[/quote]

Sakurai was considered by many to be one of…if not,the best P4P fighter before he lost to Silva…whether you agree or not,that was the talk back then. Also,remember that I said “can be” successful in three weight classes. He has shown the potential to do so…and the fact the he challenges himself in other weight classes has to count for something.

[quote]
In welterweight, he lost to Luiz Azeredo, (who is one of my favorite fighters, but still - more of a lightweight) and Ryo Chonan. In light-heavyweight he has only 2 bouts - one against Irvin and one against Griffin. Forrest is a respectable opponent, but when him or Jardine go out in spectacular fashion, I can’t help but note to myself that they are very, very hit-or-miss.

The Spider is a great fighter, but he had the privilege of getting his Serra moments, while he was in organization far less media-oriented and without clear, organized champion-oriented fighter hierarchy, compared to the UFC.[/quote]

So PRIDE was less organized than the UFC back then? I think not. The UFC was struggling with sanctioning(and acceptance) when PRIDE was going strong. Hell,PRIDE’s first Grand Prix took place before the UFC had it’s first sanctioned event. The UFC didn’t become relevant until the Fertittas/White purchased it in 2001.

Sugar Ray Robinson, followed by Joe Louis and Marciano. In MMA I’d say Fedor even though his recent contract choices have been disappointing.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Sakurai was considered by many to be one of…if not,the best P4P fighter before he lost to Silva…whether you agree or not,that was the talk back then. Also,remember that I said “can be” successful in three weight classes. He has shown the potential to do so…and the fact the he challenges himself in other weight classes has to count for something.

[/quote]

Top 10 P4P - yes, the “best P4P” - no. He has shown the potential. But so has BJ, and Fedor, and if we are talking showing potential - GSP.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

So PRIDE was less organized than the UFC back then? I think not. The UFC was struggling with sanctioning(and acceptance) when PRIDE was going strong. Hell,PRIDE’s first Grand Prix took place before the UFC had it’s first sanctioned event. The UFC didn’t become relevant until the Fertittas/White purchased it in 2001.

[/quote]

I was comparing PRIDE then with UFC after the Zuffa deal. UFC didn’t even have Lightweight and Middleweight titles before that.

As fun as it is to ramble about this stuff, let’s stop it there, otherwise it’s going to be both of us bringing up some facts to justify our own personal opinions :slight_smile:

P.S. I see Sugar Ray Robinson (of course), Duran brought up in the best eva P4P discussion, what about Sugar Ray Leonard? He’s one of my favorites, simply because I’ve seen most of his fights (and his brilliance). It surely helps that he beat some of the best boxers of all time :slight_smile:

David, he was totally outweighed by Goliath but he still won

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
David, he was totally outweighed by Goliath but he still won[/quote]

Ants have amazing P4P strength.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Ants have amazing P4P strength.[/quote]

Rhinoceros beatle > ants

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Ants have amazing P4P strength.

Rhinoceros beatle > ants[/quote]

I heard gorillas are pretty strong pound for pound. They would fuck your shit up.