Greatest Film Actor

Who do you think is the greatest film actor of all time? I’m going with Bette Davis.

Jimmy Stewart.

It’s a Wonderful Life is my favorite movie.

Great actor, great man.

^^Okay actor but not terribly versatile.

Joan Crawford. Not as good as Bette but a damn good actress.

One of my favorite actors is Denzel Washington

Orson Welles - sometimes brilliant; sometimes mediocre.

[quote]kenny-mccormick wrote:
One of my favorite actors is Denzel Washington [/quote]

He’s okay but I don’t think any actor today can hold a candle to the stars of the studio era.

I’m only 25 although I have seen many old movies this all comes down to perspective acting is alot differamt now and todays stars are what is considered to be good

And this guy

Clint Fucking Eastwood

James Dean or Marlon Brando.

Arguably, we lost two great actors the day Dean flipped his Porsche, Dean and the actor Brando might have been.

[quote]orion wrote:

Arguably, we lost two great actors the day Dean flipped his Porsche, Dean and the actor Brando might have been.
[/quote]

I can seen Brando. Dean? Give me Newman or Hackman any day of the week.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
Clint Fucking Eastwood[/quote]

There are three all-time greats in this clip, but the greatest has no lines and is merely decorating the saloon:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

I can seen Brando. Dean? Give me Newman or Hackman any day of the week. [/quote]

Dean only made 3 movies.

These were only his apprenticeship.

Now Brando is a legend, deservedly so, but if anyone had the fire to light up Brandos ass, it was James Dean.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

I can seen Brando. Dean? Give me Newman or Hackman any day of the week. [/quote]

Dean only made 3 movies.

These were only his apprenticeship.

Now Brando is a legend, deservedly so, but if anyone had the fire to light up Brandos ass, it was James Dean. [/quote]

It sucks when someone potentially great gets struck down young. But without putting in the actual work he just doesn’t get a seat at the GOAT table.

Edit: And Brando is still at least top 3 even through he turned into a lazy pig towards the end.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, this is almost as good as the film and we get a glimpse of Brando when he was just phoning things in:

Gregory Peck -

In the 1956 adaption of Moby Dick, his portrayal of Ahab was outstanding.

Bob Mitchum. The epitome of cool.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]kenny-mccormick wrote:
One of my favorite actors is Denzel Washington [/quote]

He’s okay but I don’t think any actor today can hold a candle to the stars of the studio era.[/quote]

My problem with the “old school” actors is that most seem like theatre actors that moved to film. Over the top acting, gestures, and the crying was really fake looking. James Dean is a perfect example of this as were most of the women. Nothing looked natural. It looks as if they are acting.

My vote goes to Daniel Day Lewis.