Greatest Deadlifts of all Time

George Leeman 906 /w straps

Vince Urbank 906 hook grip

No love for Richard Hawthorne?

Yeah was about to post Hawthorne as well!! Can’t believe he wasn’t mentioned yet…

Jon Cole pulled around 885 at 283lbs back in 1971, the DL was ugly by the very strict standards of the day, but no worse than Cundy’s DL in 1969 Srs, Cole also squatted 900+, and totalled 2370, all with the help of 2m crepe bandages for wraps.

Then tried to make the US OG team first as a Discus thrower then as a OL, one of the greatest all round strength athletes ever, and maybe the greatest ever discus thrower at close to his height, he claimed 5’11", but from photos that looks optimistic.

Back in the era you also had to pull shoulders back…

[quote]cparker wrote:

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
992@233 raw w/ straps is awesome.

Aleksander Grachev

I dont know why but this lift seems fishy to me[/quote]

Seems fishy to me too. His max in comp is 350. Looks more like 350 assuming two of those 50kg plates are fake.

[quote]B A S T A R D wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:

Aleksander Grachev

Seems fishy to me too. His max in comp is 350. Looks more like 350 assuming two of those 50kg plates are fake.[/quote]

I recently ran into this guys youtube. If it isn’t fake, its something he can’t do in competition. His grip is so narrow he isn’t on any knurling how the hell can someone grip that with out straps and no knurling. Hell if it is real and he can do that He has to be the best sumo deadlifter we will see for years.

[quote]Umbrata Fortis wrote:

[quote]B A S T A R D wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:

Aleksander Grachev

Seems fishy to me too. His max in comp is 350. Looks more like 350 assuming two of those 50kg plates are fake.[/quote]

I recently ran into this guys youtube. If it isn’t fake, its something he can’t do in competition. His grip is so narrow he isn’t on any knurling how the hell can someone grip that with out straps and no knurling. Hell if it is real and he can do that He has to be the best sumo deadlifter we will see for years.[/quote]

And just the way the bar moves, it almost looks to me like he is feigning effort in a way. If you guys have ever seen those valentin dikul videos it reminds me of that.