Greatest Deadlifts of all Time

after seeing how many guys have actually squatted 1000+ single ply and walked out, makes me wonder how many have pulled 900+ in competition.

best i can recall
Ed Coan 901@220 Raw also lightest man to pull 900+
Doyle Kenady 903
Andrey Malanichev 903/410kg sumo
Chuck Fought 903
Dan Wohleber 904-first to pull 900+
Maxim Podtynny 909-heaviest sumo deadlift ever
Gary Hiesey 925
Vlad Alhazov 925
Tibor Meszaros 927
Garry frank 931
Mark Henry 933 Raw
Mikhail Koklayev 915 Raw
Konstantin Konstantinovs 948
Andy Bolton 1008
Benni Magnusson 1015 Raw

list will be edited to add anyone whos missing.

Maxim Podtynny 909
Dan Wohleber 904
Tibor Meszaros 927
Vlad Alhazov 925

cant disagree with your list HERC.

I would have put Coan’s 903 at 220, wearing what would be considered by todays standards a cotton singlet for a suit, AND he hit a monster squat and total for that meet as well.

don’t forget some of the little guys too, Lamar Gant had some sick pulls at 132lbs, but granted he was not nearly as impressive on the other lifts.

Maybe you should note which ones were equipped and which ones were not?

My favorite deadlifts are (not in any specific order):

KK’s 948
Coan’s 901
Lamar Gant’s 683

1 Like

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

I would have put Coan’s 903 at 220, wearing what would be considered by todays standards a cotton singlet for a suit, AND he hit a monster squat and total for that meet as well.

don’t forget some of the little guys too, Lamar Gant had some sick pulls at 132lbs, but granted he was not nearly as impressive on the other lifts.

[/quote]

actually that lift was supposed to be 407.5kg/898lbs, but weighed out to 409kg/901lbs, and coan deadlifted raw.

[/quote]
Not correct, gant held the squat, bench , deadlift, and total records at one time. This was before Joe Bradley’s 650 squat and 396 bench, but it’s not fair to say he wasn’t that impressive. He was the best ever at one point, benching 350+ and squatting over 500 lbs. This was late 70s or so.

Not 900, but 836@203.5, raw

[quote]jonatan-shg wrote:
Not 900, but 836@203.5, raw
[/quote]

wow, what a ROM that guy has

i love KK’s videos but Benni moved into my favorite after watching this:

975 raw

I never get tired of watching Benni lift. How he tip toes up to the bar and then grips and rips it. No messing about setting up, just grab and BAM.

No love for Vince Anello (AKA Jimmy Caan’s long lost brother)? Pulled 821 @ 198. Pretty impressive in my book.

He was the man.

[/quote]

Best avatar I’ve ever seen. Any idea who it is?

john kuc was very good too … 870 pounds @242. . would be interesting to see how much could zydrunas savickacs could pull WITHOUT straps .

[/quote]

To my knowledge, Gant is the only man to pull 5x bodyweight… That sort of puts the lift on the map…

992@233 raw w/ straps is awesome.

Aleksander Grachev

fine but its sumo. i prefer the conventinal style

of course the deadlift ids a test of grip and back strentgh . i think you take the back out in sumo … .

[quote]winston43 wrote:
of course the deadlift ids a test of grip and back strentgh . i think you take the back out in sumo … . [/quote]

Maybe you should try sumo deadlifting once and get back to us on that.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
992@233 raw w/ straps is awesome.

Aleksander Grachev

I dont know why but this lift seems fishy to me