T Nation

Great Movies Nobody Saw?

How bout the other way around? Great movies that got no press.

NARC, with Ray Liotta and Jason Patric comes immediately to mind.

Anybody who likes realistic HARDCORE crime drama should check this one out. A masterpiece in my opinion that nobody ever heard of.

Narc was good. Rush is another great cop movie with Jason Patric that didn’t do too well at the box office. A movie I really like from a couple years ago was a korean film called Old Boy. Sort of a twisted mystery/thriller type of flick. Check this one out.

Old Boy is pretty badass.

Equilibrium was kind of cheezy but pretty fucking good overall.

I’d also recommend Gummo. “Man fuck them police, they just mad cause we get more pussy than they do.”

Not sure if this qualifies, but The Boondock Saints is a great movie that never made it to the theater. It has quite an underground following, though, so it may not qualify as a movie “nobody saw.”

The BoonDock Saints is a damn good movie.

Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, The Princess Bride, Stardust, Equilibrium, and my all time favorite movie…

Life is Beautiful

Unbreakable

Little Miss Sunshine

Pollock

[quote]robo1 wrote:
Narc was good. Rush is another great cop movie with Jason Patric that didn’t do too well at the box office. A movie I really like from a couple years ago was a korean film called Old Boy. Sort of a twisted mystery/thriller type of flick. Check this one out. [/quote]

Another good Jason Patric one is The Beast. It’s an eighties movie about a Soviet tank that gets trapped in a valley in Afganhistan with the mujahadeen hot on it’s trail. The time is during the Soviet occupation of that country. Pretty damn good movie.

D

The Neverending Story III. Probably Jack Black’s finest performance.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
The Neverending Story III. Probably Jack Black’s finest performance.

[/quote]

Seconded.

[quote]Itchy wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
The Neverending Story III. Probably Jack Black’s finest performance.

Seconded.[/quote]

I never liked the third one, but I also didn’t know who Jack Black was back then. So I think I’m going to have to dust it off and give it another shot.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Another good Jason Patric one is The Beast. It’s an eighties movie about a Soviet tank that gets trapped in a valley in Afganhistan with the mujahadeen hot on it’s trail. The time is during the Soviet occupation of that country. Pretty damn good movie.

D[/quote]

I saw that movie years ago, wanted to see it again but couldn’t remember the name.

A good Sergio Leone movie that few have seen is Duck You Sucker! It fell between Once Upon a Time in The West, and Once Upon a Time in American.


11:14. I don’t know anyone who’s seen this, and it probably isn’t great. But I have this thing for Rachael L. Cook.

Also, Cannibal the Musical (Trey Parker and Matt Stone)

[quote]p-dubs wrote:
Itchy wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
The Neverending Story III. Probably Jack Black’s finest performance.

Seconded.

I never liked the third one, but I also didn’t know who Jack Black was back then. So I think I’m going to have to dust it off and give it another shot.[/quote]

Watched on LSD, NES 3 becomes a pretty terrifying horror flick.

Riding Giants

It’s about the big wave surfers. Effin’ incredible. Those guys have huge balls.

[quote]Itchy wrote:
p-dubs wrote:
Itchy wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
The Neverending Story III. Probably Jack Black’s finest performance.

Seconded.

I never liked the third one, but I also didn’t know who Jack Black was back then. So I think I’m going to have to dust it off and give it another shot.

Watched on LSD, NES 3 becomes a pretty terrifying horror flick.[/quote]

I’ll take your word for it since I’d probably get in trouble for stealing lysergic acid diethylamide from work, and second cannibal the musical.

I’d also a fan of High Fidelity and In the Mouth of Madness.

The Descent (Get past the accents and the chick dialogue…it actually holds your attention)

AVP Requiem (I know I’ve said this before…but I throw it here because no one thought it would be worth seeing)

Equilibrium (it should be a cult classic but probably won’t be considered such because of the dominance of The Matrix)

Match point.

Excellent acting, superb production and top-notch story but got very little attention.

[quote]p-dubs wrote:

I’d also a fan of High Fidelity and In the Mouth of Madness.[/quote]

Mouth of Madness–that’s the one with Sam Neil, yeah? If so, great movie.