Great Medleys/Conditioning Challenges?

100 Air squats. I tried this on Monday and holy crap my legs are still sore. Maybe I shouldn’t have done regular squats prior.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
This one sucked…
50 foot arm over arm sled drag w/ a keg on the sled.
once you get the sled to you, take off the keg and clean & press it 15 times
then low handle prowler 50 feet back to the start.

[/quote]

I am so doing this as soon as I’m cleared by my PT. I was having a similar idea with a sandbag just the other day. Great minds I suppose, haha.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]Alpha wrote:
This one sucked…
50 foot arm over arm sled drag w/ a keg on the sled.
once you get the sled to you, take off the keg and clean & press it 15 times
then low handle prowler 50 feet back to the start.

[/quote]
Definitely let me know what you come up with man, I’m always looking for new ways to make myself hate life. I know you will not disappoint!

I am so doing this as soon as I’m cleared by my PT. I was having a similar idea with a sandbag just the other day. Great minds I suppose, haha.[/quote]

I’m bringing this thread back because I ended up doing one yesterday that really made life suck. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed @Alpha

Backwards sled drag unloaded prowler 25’
Run back to start, grab keg
Run keg 25’, load onto prowler
Backwards sled drag prowler 25’
Run back to start, grab stack of bumper plates
Run bumpers 50’, load onto prowler
High handle push prowler 25’ back toward start
Unload bumpers
High handle push prowler all the way back to start

Here is how it ended up looking, if the description made no sense

I’m still a healing cripple, so I was using some baby weights on it, but I was still about ready to puke everytime I put the bumpers on the prowler, and that was the halfway point, haha.

That one looks awesome! I’m gonna give this a go for sure.

Awesome man. Have a bucket nearby, haha.

Try flipping a tire while pullling a pickup, it’s fairly taxing and keeps you working hard throughout

Natural stone carry for distance (not sure how much this was)
Run back
Body weight farmers for distance
Run (crawl) back
Body weight backward drag for distance

I just lay on the ground for 15 minutes trying not to move as whenever I moved I wanted to throw up and all the muscles in my legs wanted to cramp. It was the worst thing to ever happen to me LOL

Strongman Suicides

50’ carry 182lb keg
50’ run back to start
50’ run back to keg
50’ carry 182lb keg
50’ run back to start
50’ run back to keg
50’ carry 182lb keg
50’ run back to start
50’ backwards prowler drag loaded w/200lbs

You think the running in between the keg carries will be restorative, but it’s absolutely not.

2 Likes

I could feel the pain in this leg of the medley watching the vid. Nice work!

Thanks man. Amazingly, the prowler is likd a breathe of fresh air after all thise keg carries. I think it is just from knowing that I am almost done, haha.

Haha fair enough, this winter I’m going to really work on my carries to try and bullet proof my lower back. Backwards movements like drags or uphill sprints (backwards) blow up my quads like nothing else and as the speed of the prowler decreased I could feel my quads filling with lactic acid lol Keep the posts coming, you’re always a great reference for medleys for myself.

Take a heavy sandbag up a couple of flight of stairs. Superset with crying about how weak you feel.

Glad to see your knee is doing better. Wish I was in the area Id love to train with you. I used to grab some rocks and carry them up stadium stairs for 15 minutes while listening to the news. Good times.

1 Like

Did this yesterday; first strongman type medley:
Yoke walk 100 yards
Hand over hand tire drag w 1" rope 30 yards x2
Tire flips x3
Repeat 2x

Trap bar DL 300lbs x3
150lbs sandbag over bar x4
150lbs sandbag squat x5
Repeat 2x

OH Yoke carry 100 yards
AMRAP Zercher Squat @185lbs (11 reps)