Great Death Foods

[quote]nolecat wrote:
bigwinsta wrote:
ok i thought id chip in with some contributions from this side of the atlantic.

not that ive ever had one or actually seen one in the flesh (but do have it on record from a reliable source) but how about a nice trip to a glasgow (town in scotland) chippy (take away that sells deep fried food) and you can have a deep fried chip (read really fat french fries all u americans) butty (sandwich). made with 2 slices white bread stuff chips into middle and squish the sides down then heavily coat in batter and deep fry, hmmmmm, calorific!

then for desert how about a deep fried mars bar, yum! thats a choc bar with nougat and caramel in the middle. see pic for the tastyness

Oh damn! Suprised no one in america has thought of this!

[/quote]

Ive seen this in different areas in the south. The deep fried battered sandwhich and mars bar.

how bout a little burger

[quote]Stiggy wrote:
nolecat wrote:
bigwinsta wrote:

not that ive ever had one or actually seen one in the flesh (but do have it on record from a reliable source) but how about a nice trip to a glasgow (town in scotland) chippy (take away that sells deep fried food) and you can have a deep fried chip (read really fat french fries all u americans) butty (sandwich). made with 2 slices white bread stuff chips into middle and squish the sides down then heavily coat in batter and deep fry, hmmmmm, calorific!

then for desert how about a deep fried mars bar, yum! thats a choc bar with nougat and caramel in the middle. see pic for the tastyness

Oh damn! Suprised no one in america has thought of this!

Fish and chips would be good meal if it wasn’t for the bad fat. But that’s like saying jumping from a building would begood for you if it was not for the impact.[/quote]

i love fish and chips.

what if it were fried in quality fat ? it would be saturated fat but if your body was well fat balanced would you deal with it better then ?

or if you had protein in you system to help resist the insulin hit from the carb/fat combination ?

doesn’t vinegar on the chips help to slow down that insulin hit anyway ?

pass the vinegar.

If I ever eat any of the shit in this thread, I’m going to follow it with a pint of ice cream just for good measure… now that’s a healthy combo!

[quote]swivel wrote:
i love fish and chips.

what if it were fried in quality fat ? it would be saturated fat but if your body was well fat balanced would you deal with it better then ?

or if you had protein in you system to help resist the insulin hit from the carb/fat combination ?

doesn’t vinegar on the chips help to slow down that insulin hit anyway ?

pass the vinegar.[/quote]

I’m with you, swivel. Fish and chips ain’t so bad (unless cutting). One can do far worse. Especially righteous for post workout, a fine time to spike the insulin anyways.

[quote]nolecat wrote:
This won Maxim magazine’s sandwich of the year. It’s called the Fat Darrell (invented by Darrell Butler during his sophomore year at Rutgers University) contains chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks and french fries. Maxim lauds it for its "drunken ingenuity.[/quote]

Hahaha I’ve eaten quite a few of these seeing as how I go to Rutgers. Not bad for $4.50. Makes you feel fat as hell after you eat it though.

[quote]bigwinsta wrote:

then for desert how about a deep fried mars bar, yum! thats a choc bar with nougat and caramel in the middle. see pic for the tastyness[/quote]

That’s not the only thing they deep fry here in Glasgow. Pizza Crunch is also a Glasgow favourite. That’s a whole pizza, dipped in batter, deep fried and served with chips (fries). You’ve gotta love us Scots.

I’m guessing that you guys have never heard of a garbage plate (from the Rochester, NY area).

It’s macaroni salad, baked beans, french fries, a hot sauce/gravy mixture, sprinkled with diced raw onions, topped with two cheeseburgers (no buns). All this layered into a take out container.

It’s heaven sent when you get out of the bar at 2 in the morning and are looking for food.

[quote]BCpowder wrote:
I’ve got y’all beat.

The Hamdog is a hot dog wrapped in a beef patty that’s deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions, and served on a hoagie bun topped with a fried egg and two fistfuls of fries.[/quote]

Oh my god, where can I get that!!??

[quote]vroom wrote:
If I ever eat any of the shit in this thread, I’m going to follow it with a pint of ice cream just for good measure… now that’s a healthy combo![/quote]

Go for a gallon, you wuss!

This shit is gross.

I’m suddenly feeling sick to my stomach. Whatever happened to good ol` White Castle? Or Fatburger?

[quote]colonelquack wrote:
I’m suddenly feeling sick to my stomach. Whatever happened to good ol` White Castle? Or Fatburger?[/quote]

I agree. Is there suddenly a shortage of “normal” high calorie foods? I don’t feel the need to search for a way to make a snickers bar contain more calories than it already does…

I ate dinner at The Cheesecake Factory last weekend and took in over 5,000 calories, and I didn’t find the need to grab a deep-fryer at any point during the meal.

Man, that was a fantastic dinner…

Google Denny’s Beer-Barrel Pub.

The pic of the big burger is of their second largest model.

It tastes fantastic. They actually get the meat to come out well cooked, juicy, and flavorful.

-Dan

Peanut or Almond Butter, Strawberry or Guava Jam, and a Cheddar Cheese slice on that thin sliced brown bread.