Great Day!

I don’t post much. I don’t share much, with anyone. I’ve even been accused of having no feelings…more than once. But, I have to share this with like minded individuals.

Early this morning, I dropped my 14 year old son off at school for his first day of powerlifting.

I’m so damned proud I can’t stand it.

haha nice, I’m sure everyone would agree that is a great day. I wish my dad had gotten me into the sport that young, it would of really leveled me out in high school.

Outstanding!

Thats awesome!

Powerlifting school? Wut?

[quote]pyrosive wrote:
Powerlifting school? Wut?[/quote]

They probably have a Powerlifting program at school…it was a school sport at my high school.

[quote]ThirdUncle wrote:

[quote]pyrosive wrote:

They probably have a Powerlifting program at school…it was a school sport at my high school.[/quote]

Damn I wish we had that at my school. We had a weightlifitng class but it was total bullshit and you couldn’t take it until you were a junior or senior

[quote]pyrosive wrote:

[quote]ThirdUncle wrote:

[quote]pyrosive wrote:

They probably have a Powerlifting program at school…it was a school sport at my high school.[/quote]

Damn I wish we had that at my school. We had a weightlifitng class but it was total bullshit and you couldn’t take it until you were a junior or senior[/quote]

Looking back, it would have been okay. I wasn’t very interested at the time though, I had been training a little, and didn’t like the sound of the way the powerlifting team trained.

That’s awesome, I was on my own throughout high school and it blew ass. Guidance at that age… That’s an edge that’s gonna reflect throughout his strength career if he pursues it.

It’s one of the sports for the school. The only problem I see with it is it’s only a two month season. They train all through Dec. and have 4 meets in Jan. (so much for peaking)

I was also surprised to find out that they’ll be using squat suits and bench shirts! WTF?

There’s only about a dozen kids, and half of them have no experience. You can bet your ass my kid will be getting a little extra help from me in the way of technique and some DE work.

[quote]cycloneforce wrote:
It’s one of the sports for the school. The only problem I see with it is it’s only a two month season. They train all through Dec. and have 4 meets in Jan. (so much for peaking)

I was also surprised to find out that they’ll be using squat suits and bench shirts! WTF?

There’s only about a dozen kids, and half of them have no experience. You can bet your ass my kid will be getting a little extra help from me in the way of technique and some DE work.[/quote]

How strong are the coaches? Did they seem like jackasse’s?

The coach seems OK. It’s his first year at the school and he seems to know what he’s doing. As far as strong, I have no idea. He does look like a lifter though.

As far as using gear, it seems it’s just something they do now at all the schools in our district. We only used a singlet and a belt when I was in high school (25 years ago).