Great Canadians

Blame Canada Hyok! js, you’re right about Celine. She also has one mighty Camel Toe. One that perhaps the Titanic could pass through as she sang that awful song.

How about Lester B. Pearson. He won the Nobel Peace Prize for his idea that soldiers could be used to keep peace instead of fighting which prompted the launch of the UN peacekeeping movement. Ironically, I think he may have also the PM who turned Canada nuclear, equipping the BOMARC missles that Dief. bought with the nuclear warheads they needed to actually work.

Other great Canadians include: Me.

Oh, and whoever invented Buttertarts, the most addictive anabolic post-workout high-carb pastry dessert ever made, and not available in the U.S.

I always thought “Buttertarts” would be a good slang name, too, kinda like “That Angel Veil sure is one buttertart!”

I think that all those “Canadians” who came home from the US just as the war in Vietnam was breaking out were pretty solid dudes. All of them, and Maurice “The Rocket” Richard (RIP)…anyone nicknamed after something as powerful as that had to have some pretty hardcore Test. flowing through his system.

[quote]Warren Smith wrote:
Terry Fox wins this one hands down. The guy ran across Canada, sacrificed his life for his dream of ending cancer and awoke a sleeping nation giving it its first true hero. 'nuff said![/quote]

I know this thread is a little on the OLD side, but I did a search for ‘Terry Fox’ and this was the only hit. I went on the Terry Fox Run yesterday ( well OK, sloths don’t actually RUN, but I did MOVE around the 5K course ).

Just wanted to say, that Terry Fox was THE MAN.

Leslie Nielsen. Enough said.

A few more:

Brian Kernighan: Co-inventor of the C computer language.

James Gosling: Creator of the Java computer language.

J.C. Fields: Mathematician, founder of the Fields Medal in mathematics; the math equivalent of the Nobel prize.

Oswald Avery: First to show that DNA was responsible for carrying genetic information.

James Naismith: Invented basketball.

Joseph Armand Bombardier: Invented the snowmobile (AKA Ski-Doo).

Guglielmo Marconi: AM Radio.

Julie Payette: Astronaut.

The following well-known Canadians (not sure if they qualify as great):

Nelly Furtado
Simple Plan
Sum 41
Keanu Reeves
Avril Lavigne
Jim Carey
Kristin Kreuk
Bryan Adams
Paul Anka
Leonard Cohen
Paul Shaffer from Late Night with Letterman

Wow, how could you guys miss David Suzuki?
He’s actually a pretty textbook T-Man. He trains regularly, keeps the world informed about “The Nature of Things”, reminds suburban (and straight urban) Torontonians what boneheads they are for driving SUV’s, AND markets the ratification of the Kyoto Protocol.

Having said that, Terry Fox is definitely a worthy candidate, as is James Naismith - the father of basketball.

I’d have to say one of the many great Canadians includes T-Nation’s own Supplement and Nutrition Guru, Dave Barr. He’s definitely helped improved my PWO nutrition and destroyed some of the dogma that exists in terms of supplements in the bodybuilding world.

Plus, I now understand a bit more about polar bears and seal blubber too ;)!

Anne Murray.

Alanis!

I didn’t know Keanu Reeves was canadian, but feel free to keep him.

I think that the words of the profits are written on the studio wall about this one:

RUSH!

John Garand

If you have never read the story of Terry Fox, you really should. He was a T-man through and through.

Another great Canadian in my opinion is Preston Manning.

Anybody under Vimy Ridge

[quote]TQB wrote:
Anybody under Vimy Ridge[/quote]

General Sir Arthur Currie, was primarily responsible for organizing the attack. Currie went from being a failure in insurance (among other tings) to being on of the greatest WW1 Generals and the greatest Canadian generals of all time.

[quote]JPBear wrote:
If you have never read the story of Terry Fox, you really should. He was a T-man through and through.
[/quote]

Terry Fox is the man. He ran at a pace that would have killed anyone else MUCH sooner. A marathon a day for 143 days, on one leg.

If you looked at his face during his last few days, you can see that every step for him is agony. His recovery must have been superhuman, as well as having incredible will power. I seriously doubt anyone will ever do something like this again.

As a side note: organizers of Terry Fox runs around the world have to this day raised more than 400 million dollars for cancer research, while getting people out exercising to boot.

[quote]TQB wrote:
Anybody under Vimy Ridge[/quote]

My Grandfather was there. Said it wasn’t pretty. I’m glad I had the opportunity to hear it from him and not just read about it.