T Nation

Grams/Tablespoon For Powders

Someone please help me. For a level tablespoon, about how many grams is this? I don’t want to overdose on creatine and explode, thanks. :slight_smile:

It depends ever powder/substance will be different. Think bricks vs feathers.

That said creatine rounded teaspoon roughly 5g other crap no idea get a scale. I will add you arent going to over dose on creatine many take way above and beyond 1 teaspoon

Phill

[quote]Higher Game wrote:
Someone please help me. For a level tablespoon, about how many grams is this? I don’t want to overdose on creatine and explode, thanks. :)[/quote]

Why are you just not using the scoop that came with your creatine?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Higher Game wrote:
Someone please help me. For a level tablespoon, about how many grams is this? I don’t want to overdose on creatine and explode, thanks. :slight_smile:

Why are you just not using the scoop that came with your creatine?[/quote]

So, the brand you buy comes with a scoop so you assume all brands do?

Cheap scales can be bought just about anywhere. My gf picked one up the other day that’s digital and converts between grams and ounces with the push of a button. It was $25, which is probably a bit much. You can get the old-school ‘balance’ scales for $10-15. They’re useful for a lot more than just weighing powders (obviously).

[quote]christine wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Higher Game wrote:

Why are you just not using the scoop that came with your creatine?

So, the brand you buy comes with a scoop so you assume all brands do?[/quote]

Yes. That is what I am assuming. I’ve never tried any sort of powdered supplement that didn’t come with some sort of scoop or measuring device.