T Nation

Grams of Protein/Carbs/Fat

How many grams of carbs/fats should I be taking in everyday? I weigh 150-155lbs, what number should I shoot for to gain muscle and minimize/possibly lose fat ?

right now i eat 190g protein (cottage cheese, greek yogurt, whey, whole milk, eggs, sardines, chicken), 175g carbs(banana, blueberries, steel cut oats, whole bread), 135g fat(coconut oil, avocado, egg yolks, Peanut butter olive oil) .

I can easily increase fats by adding walnuts and almonds but.. would it be bad to be eating so many fats?

EDIT

New Breakdown

167.5grams Fat

242.9grams Carbs

203.3grams protein

Am I shooting myself in the foot in terms of gains? According to fitday I am at:
45%fat
29% carbs
26% protein

How many are you getting now, and are you making progress toward your goals?

right now i eat 190g protein (cottage cheese, greek yogurt, whey, whole milk, eggs, sardines, chicken), 175g carbs(banana, blueberries, steel cut oats, whole bread), 135g fat(coconut oil, avocado, egg yolks, Peanut butter olive oil) .

I'm trying to see if I'm shortchanging myself and can make progress faster with a better diet

Right now, I'd say just eat a more of everything. But you do have room for more protein certainly. Although you're pretty light, if you're worried about fat gain center your carbs peri-workout.

i've had some discussions recently about body recomp (which is something i am doing) and it's worth pointing out that it is a long and challenging (small changes) process, whereas it's probably better just to approach this from the point of a clean bulk and not worry much about body fat.

you can find a lot via search on clean bulk, but it generally means that whatever you are eating now to maintain + 800-1000 calories.

it may feel a little like a forced feeding so some type of shake: raw whole milk with a scoop of whey, a raw egg, a spoonful of fiber, and a scoop of Superfood would be the easiest for me. but your macros look great and you probably have a really good idea of what you are doing nutritionally, so get the extra calories however you see best.

New Breakdown

167.5grams Fat

242.9grams Carbs

203.3grams protein

Am I shooting myself in the foot in terms of gains? According to fitday I am at:
45%fat
29% carbs
26% protein

I'm confused on how to decrease the fat, keep the protein or increase it and increase the calories especially since all the fat (except for the whole milk, should this become skim? ) comes from healthy sources. I do eat 1 avocado a day maybe this contributes too much fat?

It wouldn't be that bad to eat that many fats if you didn't eat so many carbs, :wink: