Graininess vs Seperation

[quote]Depression Boy wrote:
He reached those strength levels (close enough) in his first couple years training at a bodyweight of around 176 pounds - AND he was very dense looking even at this point.

From his third or 4th post in the thread above

"And stat-wise:
Bench- 315x4
Deadlift- 405x6
Squat- 425x5

I don’t know what my one rep max is."

So he was repping with almost 2.5 times bodyweight on Squat and DL and he could have probably squeezed out a rep or two with twice bodyweight on the bench.

It doesn’t make sense for someone who’s got to that level of strength to focus on directly pushing his maxes farther so yeah he used more of BB-type training with the same weights (now moderately heavy for him?)

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
yeah and i don’t think Aaron trained ‘heavy’ or whatever, pretty much BB’ing style 90% of his life. So I think the look is really mostly genetic, or maybe those with that ‘density’ are pre-disposed to being brutally strong, not the other way around. [/quote]

Yeah if you follow Aaron on instagram he does not lift crazy weights. He’s strong by my standards but at his level repping 315 8 times on bench or squatting 4 plates is nothing outstanding. The guy’s just a genetic freak. [/quote]
[/quote]

yeah I wasn’t saying he’s NOT strong. I’m just saying I don’t think he ever did the, idk, style of power training that most associate with the graininess look, a la Branch Warren, Dorian Blood and Guts style, Ronnie with his PL background.

All pro BB’ers are strong AF. Maybe I’m missing what ya’ll mean (not necessarily you DepBoy, idr if you said it) when someone gets the grainy look from brutally heavy lifting? Just lots of low reps? or years of training focusing on ‘strength’ over pump stuff?