GPP

While GPP is a very importany aspect of training, it is one area many beginners or even advanced lifters forget to include… what type of GPP routines do you regularly follow, and to the Experts here at T-Nation, what are some of the best GPP routines you have ever done/ had athletes get results from?

[quote]jrl41090 wrote:
While GPP is a very importany aspect of training, it is one area many beginners or even advanced lifters forget to include… what type of GPP routines do you regularly follow, and to the Experts here at T-Nation, what are some of the best GPP routines you have ever done/ had athletes get results from?[/quote]

My football players have a weekly “barbarian” session in which they’ll do sledgehammer swings, heavy bag lift and carry and sled dragging. It’s normally done in a circuit.

sounds very barbaric CT :slight_smile:
that would be definetely emotionally draining as well as physically!

Hey CT,

Do you have any advice on GPP for a college polevaulter? I usually combine a lot of bodyweight exercises: pushups, dips, front squats, lunges, pullups.

Thanks,
-poper

[quote]jrl41090 wrote:
sounds very barbaric CT :slight_smile:
that would be definetely emotionally draining as well as physically![/quote]

Well the volume is gradually increased … at first the sessions are actually quite easy.

[quote]poper wrote:
Hey CT,

Do you have any advice on GPP for a college polevaulter? I usually combine a lot of bodyweight exercises: pushups, dips, front squats, lunges, pullups.

Thanks,
-poper[/quote]

Pullups are a must … a good drill would be backward sled pulling using a pullover motion. Kinda hard to explain … Your trunk is bent forward, your arms extended toward the sled and you pull the sled with your arms in a wide arc toward your hips while keeping your arms straight (pullover motion). Then take are few steps back and reset, etc.