GPP with Car Tires

I’m looking for ideas here.

I just took off the tires for my car and my girls car (winter wheels) and want to use them in some fashion in my back yard for GPP.

Things I’ve thought of so far:

Start with 6-8 wheel stack, and break it down and put into new stack

Use as a high podium for 100lb heavy bag (pick up bag and put onto tires)

Use one to pick up and press

(if stable enough) Use for box jumps.

Can anyone else think of some ideas? I thought of getting a rope and pulling it…but I don’t want to tear up the yard.

you could pull the tire(s) in the road to not disturb your yard; you could also make one of these, ghetto prowler

Will you be using these tires again, next winter? Reason I ask. I just picked up an old truck tire from the local firestone place, (one from the trash pile) and bought a 16 lb sledge. You get the idea.

I have always like to go Clark Kent on a tire as well. Picking it up and slinging it for distance. Really hits my sleek, sexy core.

I’ve also grabbed a tire, pressed it overhead, and walked for distance. None of these are too creative but they are a nice change of pace.

yeah i’ll be using them again and again.

i am still looking into finding a nice heavy tired to flip and hit w/ sledge.

but right now i’m stuck with 8 25-30lb tires on rims.

i like that ghetto prowler lol. maybe i can find something smooth to load the tires on and pull it that way. like a car hood or something lol

Drag it

never mind, we posted at the same time, didnt realize you were reusing them.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
yeah i’ll be using them again and again.

i am still looking into finding a nice heavy tired to flip and hit w/ sledge.

but right now i’m stuck with 8 25-30lb tires on rims.

i like that ghetto prowler lol. maybe i can find something smooth to load the tires on and pull it that way. like a car hood or something lol[/quote]

toss them on a wagon, with the wagon wheels off? But if you do that you might as well just use plates

the prowler idea is nice, but that probably wouldn’t be good for the side walls

You could see about buying/constructing a bar that you could mount the tires on for some deadlifts/olympics. Super bumper plates you know? I was thinking about doing this for summer, it would kind of like the hummer tire deadlift they did at the Arnold

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
you could also make one of these, ghetto prowler[/quote]

I think you just gave me an excuse for a Home Depot trip. :slight_smile:

Rock, if you want to consider “sacrificing” one of the tires, I’ve found an aluminum bat to work great for sledgehammer work without totally destroying the tire. I’ve used a bat on a regular (dead, not meant to be re-used) car tire and I never noticed catastrophic tire damage. But check the bat at the start of each session for denting.

Other than that, I think a little shuttle run-tire stacking medley would work, either for time or reps. You might also try bundling them together (duct tape? bungee cords??) two or three at a time and have mini atlas stones for carrying or loading onto whatever.

And is “put them back on the car and push the freaking car” too obvious an answer? :wink:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

And is “put them back on the car and push the freaking car” too obvious an answer? ;)[/quote]

Oh don’t worry about that. I’m gonna add that to my list too.

The bad thing is I have a little sports car and my girl has a mini!

Maybe I can chain them together and pull them both.

[quote]canaduke wrote:
You could see about buying/constructing a bar that you could mount the tires on for some deadlifts/olympics. Super bumper plates you know? I was thinking about doing this for summer, it would kind of like the hummer tire deadlift they did at the Arnold

Arnold Strongman Classic 2005 - Hummer tire Deadlift pt.1 - YouTube [/quote]

this is a great idea

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
you could also make one of these, ghetto prowler

I think you just gave me an excuse for a Home Depot trip. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

wish I could take credit coach, alas all I did was google search homemade prowler … I’d like to make one myself