Gov't Taking Away Freedoms (Video)

Has This Been Posted Yet?

After you’ve watched it, watch this:(just for the lolz)

How, specifically, does this relate to today?

I am not having a go, just wondering what specifically.

Note that Hitler wasn’t voted in under normal circumstances … when you have people going around crushing opposition quietly, but with force. You couldn’t go around openly challenging his party. But yeah, the analogy is pretty accurate, it is not like he got up and said what he was planning.

Well, I’m not all that familiar with the current politics in the US, but here in the Netherlands, the UK,… freedom of speech is being threatend.
I wanten to share this video because if find it is useful for everyone to know that you don’t have to take everything they do or say.

[quote]Erasmus wrote:
Well, I’m not all that familiar with the current politics in the US, but here in the Netherlands, the UK,… freedom of speech is being threatend. [/quote]

If you’re referring to the lèse majesté laws in the Netherlands, I should point out that they’re not particularly recent.

Freedom of speech? where the hell does that exist?

There are always limits on it, everywhere.

“Inciting violence” clauses and other shite

Punish people for what they say
Punish people for what they think
Punish people for what you ~think~ they think
Punish people for what they ~might~ do

But by god if they ever actually do something, just give them a slap on the wrist

This pretty much seems to be the way of things.

Not completely sure how “not taking it” is going to make things change.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

But by god if they ever actually do something, just give them a slap on the wrist

[/quote]

So you think Al-Qaida should get a very very angry letter instead of a big punch in his face?

Letting your country and fellow countrymen getting pushed around, exploited and pissed upon by a crap government who is more interested in personal power and political correctness than what is acually right.
Is that being a Nice Guy (like you probably are) better than being like Roosevelt
“If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness.”

Is wanting to illegalize blasphemy a good thing, because all of the believers aren’t hurt anymore?

And if I want to call the dutch queen a cunt, it is my right to call her a bloody cunt, the biggest welfare collector in the country,…

I think you misinterpret my post.

That last line was sarcastic.

I don’t think people should be punished for what they say, think or believe.

But punished completely for something they do. That is, punished A LOT.