Government Nannyism

Do you think it’s the government’s responsibility to protect us from ourselves?

No. You only own yourself if you have the right to self destruction.

I think reality already answered that question with a resounding yes. And personally, I believe there’s too much momentum now to reverse course.

If government is supposed to protect us from ourselves who protects us from them?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
If government is supposed to protect us from ourselves who protects us from them?[/quote]

Democrats! Or so they tell me…

Is it really black or white?

Should meth be illegal?
Heroin?
Cocaine?
Mushrooms?
Ecstacy?
Marijuana?
Cigarettes?
Alcohol?

I’m not sure it’s as simple as yes or no - although surely the line lies far beyond where our current government has drawn it.

[quote]shookers wrote:

Should meth be illegal?
Heroin?
Cocaine?
Mushrooms?
Ecstacy?
Marijuana?
Cigarettes?
Alcohol?

I’m not sure it’s as simple as yes or no - although surely the line lies far beyond where our current government has drawn it.[/quote]

Simply, yes.

[quote]shookers wrote:

Should meth be illegal?
Heroin?
Cocaine?
Mushrooms?
Ecstacy?
Marijuana?
Cigarettes?
Alcohol?

I’m not sure it’s as simple as yes or no - although surely the line lies far beyond where our current government has drawn it.[/quote]

Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
shookers wrote:

Should meth be illegal?
Heroin?
Cocaine?
Mushrooms?
Ecstacy?
Marijuana?
Cigarettes?
Alcohol?

I’m not sure it’s as simple as yes or no - although surely the line lies far beyond where our current government has drawn it.

Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
[/quote]

Whats your justification for keeping the first 3 illegal?

[quote]shookers wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
shookers wrote:

Should meth be illegal?
Heroin?
Cocaine?
Mushrooms?
Ecstacy?
Marijuana?
Cigarettes?
Alcohol?

Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

[/quote]

Why, those are his favorites of course.

I think they should all be legal for adults.

[quote]pat wrote:
shookers wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
shookers wrote:

Should meth be illegal?
Heroin?
Cocaine?
Mushrooms?
Ecstacy?
Marijuana?
Cigarettes?
Alcohol?

Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

Why, those are his favorites of course.

I think they should all be legal for adults.[/quote]

That’s what I meant.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
If government is supposed to protect us from ourselves who protects us from them?

Democrats! Or so they tell me…[/quote]

That doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

[quote]shookers wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
shookers wrote:

Should meth be illegal?
Heroin?
Cocaine?
Mushrooms?
Ecstacy?
Marijuana?
Cigarettes?
Alcohol?

Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
Decriminalized.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

[/quote]

Realism. People aren’t going to let heroin/coke/meth be legal. The rest are doable, with the possible exception of X.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Democrats! Or so they tell me…

That doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.[/quote]

But… but change! What about change! And hope? Surely they’ll protect you from the corrupt RePUGlicans???

[quote]shookers wrote:

Should meth be illegal?
Heroin?
Cocaine?
Mushrooms?
Ecstacy?
Marijuana?
Cigarettes?
Alcohol?

Yes. But it will never happen. All the propaganda on tv and in schools makes the illegal substances above look evil. Like they’re the tools of the devil or something. They’re nipping rebellion in the bud turning all the country’s school kids into sheep that take the law as holy scripture.

What about steroids?

Realistically, I think some substances DO need to be restricted, both for paternalistic reasons but more importantly for neighborhood effects.

Look what happened to Harlem during the Crack Smoking days. Meth, Heroin, Cocaine and possibly E in my opinion should all remain illegal. The others should be taxed at an appropriate level.

Nick, I’m pretty sure everyone on this site believes in legalizing steroids lol

[quote]shookers wrote:
Realistically, I think some substances DO need to be restricted, both for paternalistic reasons but more importantly for neighborhood effects.

Look what happened to Harlem during the Crack Smoking days. Meth, Heroin, Cocaine and possibly E in my opinion should all remain illegal. The others should be taxed at an appropriate level.

Nick, I’m pretty sure everyone on this site believes in legalizing steroids lol[/quote]

i know that haha. it was just an example of something illegal that the government had made to look terrible and everyone agrees should be legal.

i think all of those things should be illegal for folks under 18. they should also be heavily taxed. but, i don’t think it’s the government’s right to tell us we can’t do them.

[quote]shookers wrote:
Nick, I’m pretty sure everyone on this site believes in legalizing steroids lol[/quote]

Where’s slimfagger when you need him?

[quote]NickRageSkursky wrote:
shookers wrote:

Nick, I’m pretty sure everyone on this site believes in legalizing steroids lol

i know that haha. it was just an example of something illegal that the government had made to look terrible and everyone agrees should be legal.

i think all of those things should be illegal for folks under 18. they should also be heavily taxed. but, i don’t think it’s the government’s right to tell us we can’t do them.[/quote]

I think they should all be legal and taxed but not excessively. I not against paying Caesar for a cool buzz, but I don’t think people should be raped.

I don’t think any drugs should be restricted. The ones that are particularly dangerous I would put under the moniker of poison rather than a drug. If it can kill you with a reasonable efficiency and has no medical purpose, that is a poison. Legalize all drugs, make the bad ones poison and hence not accessible with out a license for research.

So the punishment for having a poisonous drug would be the same as possessing a poison illegal. Meth, crack, etc. poisons…They may do wonders for whitening your clothes, but they are dangerous to ingest.

Research shows MDMA aids in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, when coupled with traditional psychotherapeutic techniques.

So there’s reason to believe it may one day be legalized, under the same auspice that marajuana has been legalized in California and Canada, I believe.