Government Can't Keep You Safe

DHS updated their website today to reassure the herd.

These useless bureau-slugs waste our money and still allow people to be killed.

How many more gropes and cameras must we suffer to be considered safe?

Yeah, and with ALL those resources and high technology, they still can’t get their shit together in the Homeland Security
related issue epidemic of Identity Theft, which can be very easily can done by a snot nosed teenager with just a little bit of your personal info and your SS Number.

USA, USA, USA!!!

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
USA, USA, USA!!![/quote]

If you are really from Texas you should feel ashamed for that.

[quote]Karado wrote:
Yeah, and with ALL those resources and high technology, they still can’t get their shit together in the Homeland Security
related issue epidemic of Identity Theft, which can be very easily can done by a snot nosed teenager with just a little bit of your personal info and your SS Number.
[/quote]

At least they have a snappy website.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
But we keep right on giving up more of our freedom so they can “try harder.”[/quote]

I’m trying to remember when exactly I gave it up.

Seriously, voting doesn’t work when any prez can just enact an “executive order” to do whatever he wants.

Then the numbnuts in congress go along with it.

And the media promotes their propaganda to the boobs at home watching that will mindlessly obey.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
USA, USA, USA!!![/quote]

If you are really from Texas you should feel ashamed for that.[/quote]

I was being sarcastic.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
USA, USA, USA!!![/quote]

I was being sarcastic.[/quote]

Don’t let any of your brethren find out or you may have your citizenship revoked.

:slight_smile:

I don’t mind more Cameras anyway in public areas…How’s that?
Like it or not, whether these people can’t figure out and stop Identity theft within the populous or not,
we need 'em.
Their failures are public knowledge, their successes never are.
You’re right, they do have a snazzy website.

Oh yes they can keep me safe. I got a ticket for no seat belt just last year.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
USA, USA, USA!!![/quote]

I was being sarcastic.[/quote]

:slight_smile:

Three people were killed two days ago. How many times have we been attacked in CONUS since the War on Terror began on September 11? How many people were murdered in Boston over the previous weekend? Put this in perspective… In case anyone is hyper sensitive or likes to jump to conclusions- I am not disrespecting the victims killed or wounded one iota, and my sentiments do not belittle their suffering at all.

But…no shit. Our government cannot keep every single citizen safe on our own soil. Take a walk through US history the past, oh, 100+ years and you’ll realize Monday was relatively small potatoes regarding bombing attacks. A bombing could happen 5-10 times a year, and it still would NOT justify what our government is planning or will do to limit our freedoms/rights as a response. People have given in that they are property of the government, like goldfish in a tank.

Your first and best defense, citizens, is to be be situationally aware and dialed in. I don’t expect local or federal LE, the military or anyone else to be able to fully protect me from a bombing like Monday. But if people were a little more curious, aware of their surroundings, and not drifting through life lol’ng at bullshit on their iPhones- maybe…maybe someone might have observed something and simply asked a few questions that deterred said terrorist. But, we’re all going to live forever and Government will protect me.

[quote]DirtyM wrote:
Three people were killed two days ago. How many times have we been attacked in CONUS since the War on Terror began on September 11? How many people were murdered in Boston over the previous weekend? Put this in perspective… In case anyone is hyper sensitive or likes to jump to conclusions- I am not disrespecting the victims killed or wounded one iota, and my sentiments do not belittle their suffering at all.

But…no shit. Our government cannot keep every single citizen safe on our own soil. Take a walk through US history the past, oh, 100+ years and you’ll realize Monday was relatively small potatoes regarding bombing attacks. A bombing could happen 5-10 times a year, and it still would NOT justify what our government is planning or will do to limit our freedoms/rights as a response. People have given in that they are property of the government, like goldfish in a tank.

Your first and best defense, citizens, is to be be situationally aware and dialed in. I don’t expect local or federal LE, the military or anyone else to be able to fully protect me from a bombing like Monday. But if people were a little more curious, aware of their surroundings, and not drifting through life lol’ng at bullshit on their iPhones- maybe…maybe someone might have observed something and simply asked a few questions that deterred said terrorist. But, we’re all going to live forever and Government will protect me.

[/quote]

I think you nailed it.

Today’s culture is one of Starbucks and Bieber, where those in their 30’s and older grew up with some idea of personal responsibility.

Come on, you think these skinny jean bastards are going to “man up” and protect themselves ?

Or are they more concerned that their faux-hawk stay perfect ?

The Latter…Looks like the trail on the suspect on the Boston incident has gone cold, and I’m sure this POS has cleaned up
all evidence from his home or apt.
This guy probably got those pressure cookers from a virtually untraceable place normally with no cameras like some thrift stores
or something a long time ago.

If they don’t find him/them after the ‘First 48’, the trail gets exponentially colder.
As with preventing these things, the most sobering realistic quote is: “we have to be right every single time, they only
have to be right, once.”

[quote]DirtyM wrote:

[/quote]

We were not attacked on 9/11.

Some bad men who hijacked planes crashed them into some buildings and many people were killed or injured.

This is what being attacked looks like.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1787&bih=825&q=operation+iraqi+freedom&oq=operation+irq&gs_l=img.3.0.0i10i24.1179.10785.0.12541.22.16.3.3.2.0.324.2162.3j11j0j1.15.0...0.0...1ac.1.9.img.wgXp9sTsc1I#hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=iraq+air+raid&oq=iraq+air+raid&gs_l=img.3...65497.68104.8.68250.13.13.0.0.0.0.278.1461.7j2j3.12.0...0.0...1c.1.9.img.8miaa3mtFSQ&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45368065,d.aWc&fp=282168aec6d3dd68&biw=1787&bih=825

[quote]DirtyM wrote:

[/quote]

We were not attacked on 9/11.

Some bad men who hijacked planes crashed them into some buildings and many people were killed or injured.

This is what being attacked looks like.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1787&bih=825&q=operation+iraqi+freedom&oq=operation+irq&gs_l=img.3.0.0i10i24.1179.10785.0.12541.22.16.3.3.2.0.324.2162.3j11j0j1.15.0...0.0...1ac.1.9.img.wgXp9sTsc1I#hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=iraq+air+raid&oq=iraq+air+raid&gs_l=img.3...65497.68104.8.68250.13.13.0.0.0.0.278.1461.7j2j3.12.0...0.0...1c.1.9.img.8miaa3mtFSQ&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45368065,d.aWc&fp=282168aec6d3dd68&biw=1787&bih=825[/quote]

I am sorry were attacked, maybe there attack was not conventionally implemented but it was an attack all the same .

1. Make valid criticisms of the DHS or the TSA or of the mindset that the government can/should make us totally safe.

2. Make the banal point that ultimate responsibility for security falls to oneself.

3. Congratulations, you’re an internet secret agent. Now you can talk about “situational awareness” and “manning up and protecting yourself” within the context of a fucking bomb that went off in a crowded place. Does it matter that if you had been in that crowd standing next to the device, you’d be in pieces right now? Not at all. Does it matter that the best–only–protection against this kind of thing is international policework and explosives-tracking? Not at all. You’re an anti-statist now, you get to have the courage of a lion from the comfort of your own home.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]DirtyM wrote:

[/quote]

I think you nailed it.

Today’s culture is one of Starbucks and Bieber, where those in their 30’s and older grew up with some idea of personal responsibility.

Come on, you think these skinny jean bastards are going to “man up” and protect themselves ?

Or are they more concerned that their faux-hawk stay perfect ?

[/quote]

I think we have had a culture and counter culture society for ever . I also think the whole aspect is moot . I think today’s kids would and will if needed ,man up

DHS updated their website today to reassure the herd.

These useless bureau-slugs waste our money and still allow people to be killed.

How many more gropes and cameras must we suffer to be considered safe?[/quote]

Thanks Captain Obvious