Gotu Kola for Recovery from Injury

Has anyone had experience with the herb Gotu Kola?

I recently sprained my left wrist on the ulnar side, and have been trying everything to accelerate recovery (curcumin, fish oil, ice/heat, etc). Charles Poliquin mentioned Gotu Kola in an article on tendon health awhile back (http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/840/Five_Ways_to_Boost_Tendon_Strength_and_Health.aspx), and I was thinking of adding it to my arsenal.

Thanks for any advice you can provide regarding this matter,
PKL

he has other products (and I am sure there are more out there by other companies) that help with healing those kinds of issues, just as joint task force PX etc look through his store.

Theres an old story from Japan that states a Man once lived to be 200 from taking Gotu Kola everyday. that prob means its good.

pics or it didnt happen

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
pics or it didnt happen[/quote]

Hahaha.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I’ve been pushing curcumin, FA3, and fish oil for the past few weeks and have seen significant improvements. Unfortunately, it seems like this will probably take at least 4-5 more weeks to completely heal. If recovery seems to start slowing down, I may end up purchasing some Gotu Kola from Poliquin’s store.

[quote]PKL wrote:
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I’ve been pushing curcumin, FA3, and fish oil for the past few weeks and have seen significant improvements. Unfortunately, it seems like this will probably take at least 4-5 more weeks to completely heal. If recovery seems to start slowing down, I may end up purchasing some Gotu Kola from Poliquin’s store.[/quote]

well I’ve had a chronic issue with my knee/tibial tuberosity for almost a year now, so I’m actually going to be buying it to see how it works. Also getting some acupuncture next week.

please keep me posted on the PB I would be interested in how that goes for you. Ive used it for loose skin but never for tendon/other recovery or strength, definitely want to know if that would be true.
Although I have used it for about 2 months and have noticed less inflammation in the knees in particular.

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
please keep me posted on the PB I would be interested in how that goes for you. Ive used it for loose skin but never for tendon/other recovery or strength, definitely want to know if that would be true.
Although I have used it for about 2 months and have noticed less inflammation in the knees in particular.[/quote]
OK I’ll let you know. My MRI shows inflammation at the tib tuberosity and just above on the patellar tendon. There is also ossification at the tibial tuberosity which makes it look slightly enlarged, more-so than my right tibial tuberosity.