Gotta Love The South

[quote]hedo wrote:
sic wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Chris Adams wrote:
I love The South (with capital letters), Sir!

The good 'ol flag of treachery.

Growing up in Virginia, I was taught that the War Between the States (aka the Civil War) ended in a Southern victory.

My wife’s family, from Georgia, refer to that war as “The War of Northern Agression”.

I think they are only half joking with me.

[/quote]

I grew up hearing “The Great War of Northern Aggression”. A minor discrepancy, but one of note, I think.

[quote]nolecat wrote:
NO- Texas is not part of the south!

Yes- there are Hicks, Rednecks, and Hillbillies…and they are all different

Yes- southern women are the most beautiful (not the ones in the doublewide)…just visit the campus of Alabama or Ole Miss

Yes- My wife and I have a subscription to Southern Living magazine[/quote]

You must be counting Texas as part of Northern Mexico.

Me Solomon Grundy

…Every day I wake up and am glad I live in California.

This one always cracks me up:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28559

[quote]knewsom wrote:
…Every day I wake up and am glad I live in California.[/quote]

California is like a bowl of granola, it’s full of nuts, flakes, and fruits!
Which one are you…

I was pressing pause/play over and over. Those are some funny pics. That guy riding his motorcycle with a sheep on the gas tank is something I thought I would never see!

[quote]T-Raven wrote:
Which one are you… [/quote]

Now if the rest of the country would just quit sending it’s fruits and granolas here…

[quote]Solomon Grundy wrote:
nolecat wrote:
NO- Texas is not part of the south!

Yes- there are Hicks, Rednecks, and Hillbillies…and they are all different

Yes- southern women are the most beautiful (not the ones in the doublewide)…just visit the campus of Alabama or Ole Miss

Yes- My wife and I have a subscription to Southern Living magazine

You must be counting Texas as part of Northern Mexico.

Me Solomon Grundy
[/quote]
Funny! My wife is from Houston and we always have this arguement. To me, Texas is southwest. I usually think of “southern” as dixie ie…bama, miss, and georgia with a little south carolina thrown in. And yes, LSU has some hot ass girls. I’m not saying they’re better than bama or ole miss. but they are right up there…especially the LSU dance team!!!

[quote]Applesauce wrote:

“the way they behave” = slutty? My ex works there, so I believe you! I’ve never been around a large group of LSU women, but the few I have been around acted … liberated? Good times, man.

I would still take the women of UT anyday, though.

[/quote]

I was talking more about how they’re southern belles…

But there are certainly plenty of “liberated” women around campus.

There’re also plenty of STDs floating around here too.

[quote]hedo wrote:
sic wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Chris Adams wrote:
I love The South (with capital letters), Sir!

The good 'ol flag of treachery.

Growing up in Virginia, I was taught that the War Between the States (aka the Civil War) ended in a Southern victory.

My wife’s family, from Georgia, refer to that war as “The War of Northern Agression”.

[/quote]

Probably only a quarter joking with you.
Having grown up in NoVa, I thought I knew something of the south. Then I moved to Charlotte, NC and traversed I-85, I-77 and US74 and a host of lesser quality roads between the mountains and the beaches. That’s when I REALLY learned about the south. I also learned that I was a Yankee. Apparently, anyone north of Richmond is a Yankee. I wasn’t a Damn Yankee, because I left:)

DB

DB

[quote]hedo wrote:

[/quote]

Remind them exactly who won.

And remind them who “Made Georgia howl”

[quote]Applesauce wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:
Whoever made that video forgot that there’s a difference between a hillbilly (West Virginia/Ozarks/Oklahoma) and a redneck (The South and Texas - yes, they’re separate). Texans might take offense to me lumping them in with Southerners, but many of you Texans are rednecks too, just admit it. BTW, nice video, lol.

Technically, we are southerners in the literal sense, but I don’t see many hillbillies around here. The rednecks, however, are everywhere once you get out of Houston. Although, the traditional redneck seems to be evolving into a modern cowboy of sorts, or a “Metroneck” as I call them. You know, guys that dress up in Western gear and drive Camrys, drink green tea and listen to Nickelback, and so on. I actually prefer the old school Rednecks, because they’re some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

I’ve never been to Mississippi, but I’ve heard that they’re in a class of Hillbilly by themselves, kind of like a “Deliverance meets Slingblade” type of group.

[/quote]

WTF? Oklahomans are not hillbillies and Texans are only southerers if you are looking at a map. We both fall in the Redneck category.

I lived in Huntsville Alabama for about 6-7 years. After moving back to Oklahoma, I had to admit that we are more “Red” than Huntsville (not sure about further south).

BTW, I have a great appreciation for southern women now. They kick ass.

Oklahoma has some gorgeous women.

I haven’t traveled outside of North America at all. Do other countries around the world have the U.S. equivilant of Red Necks or Hillbilly’s?

I have traveled the country a few times over.

The South has its share of hot chicks. It also has MORE than its share of obese chicks.

There are hot chicks everywhere.

It is easier to find them in warm weather areas because they tend to go outside a little more often and wear less clothing.

There are tons of hot chicks at every large school I have ever been to, it doesn’t matter if it is north or south.

Even Canada has hot chicks.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I have traveled the country a few times over.

The South has its share of hot chicks. It also has MORE than its share of obese chicks.

There are hot chicks everywhere.

It is easier to find them in warm weather areas because they tend to go outside a little more often and wear less clothing.

There are tons of hot chicks at every large school I have ever been to, it doesn’t matter if it is north or south.

Even Canada has hot chicks.

[/quote]

quoted for truth.

[quote]Mattlaw27 wrote:
I haven’t traveled outside of North America at all. Do other countries around the world have the U.S. equivilant of Red Necks or Hillbilly’s?[/quote]

Thomas Sowell’s book BLACK REDNECKS AND WHITE LIBERALS talks about how the redneck culture comes from the area of northern England/Ireland. They brought it with them, and it thrived here while it died out over there.

Oklahoma women are pretty damn hot. Actually, I purposely lumped OK in the hillbilly category because I knew that would get a rise out of you guys. Anyone that’s read my previous posts know I like to poke fun at OK folk. To be more accurate, you guys are hicks. Texans are more redneck.

[quote]T-Raven wrote:
knewsom wrote:
…Every day I wake up and am glad I live in California.

Which one are you… [/quote]

I’m the healthy wholesome goodness wrapped in whole-fat yogurt! :smiley:

mmmm… yoguurt. drool

FUCK I’m hungry! MUST TAKE LUNCH BREAK SOOOON

The South is Gone A Rise Again!