T Nation

Gotta Love The South

I love The South (with capital letters), Sir!

[quote]Chris Adams wrote:
I love The South (with capital letters), Sir![/quote]

The good 'ol flag of treachery.

I moved to Atl about 10 years ago and made a few enemies when I kiddingly suggested to a group that I worked with that Hee Haw was probably their favorite TV show. I also learned that redneck is an offensive term to some, but white trash or just plain trash is even worse.

[quote]BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Chris Adams wrote:

The good 'ol flag of treachery.[/quote]

Growing up in Virginia, I was taught that the War Between the States (aka the Civil War) ended in a Southern victory.

Hahaha, that is a culture I would prefer to stay as far away from as I can. Not just for fear of the lynch mobs, but just in general it seems far and away backwards and hypocritical (but hey who the hell isn’t?), and a bit ignorant. Though where I grew up in upstate New York couldn’t have been that different, God Bless Canada! :wink:

I thought if people were talking about women based soley on looks, that good looking women can be found anywhere, I doubt region effects such unless it’s Southern California and Southern Florida. Maybe its the Yankee in me but ebonics and redneckian seem to be accents that stem from illiteracy. Interesting in the North it’s never discussed - the differneces of North and South or the “war”, but it seems always discussed in the South.

Great video the tempo of the pictures was ingenius. Isn’t America mostly “red” states anyhow, it definitely seems like the majority, go outside of any city anywhere and you can time travel back 30 years - socially speaking. WOOOOHOOOO! I heard Atlanta is quite the place to be now, is this true? Anyone from Atlanta?

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
Whoever made that video forgot that there’s a difference between a hillbilly (West Virginia/Ozarks/Oklahoma) and a redneck (The South and Texas - yes, they’re separate). Texans might take offense to me lumping them in with Southerners, but many of you Texans are rednecks too, just admit it. BTW, nice video, lol.[/quote]

I would say rednecks are far more geographically dispersed than that sir.

What is it with the mullet? Other hairstyles have come and gone , however the mullet has overstayed its welcome.
I havent seen a mullet in canada for over a decade , yet the states just cant seem to rid themselves from this trashee do.
Do women from those parts of the states ,prefer men sporting mullets?
Does anyone know who made it famouns?
Maybe that "ache breakee heart "guy…what was his name?

[quote]BigPaul wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:
Whoever made that video forgot that there’s a difference between a hillbilly (West Virginia/Ozarks/Oklahoma) and a redneck (The South and Texas - yes, they’re separate). Texans might take offense to me lumping them in with Southerners, but many of you Texans are rednecks too, just admit it. BTW, nice video, lol.

I would say rednecks are far more geographically dispersed than that sir.[/quote]

Maybe so, but rednecks are more synoymous with Southerners.

[quote]RedRaven wrote:
Reminds me of were I work in New Hampshire[/quote]

I assume you meant, being of course a high brow, ultra refined, blue bred and ivy league educated Massachusetts citizen - “where” in New Hampshire you work.

Oh yeah, MA is south of NH. Never mind…

I recognized waaaaay too many of those people.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
4est wrote:
maryjane wrote:

Its true. Southern women are crazy hot!

Some are! :slight_smile:

That is a look that is both hot and “I’ll kick your ass” at the same. Nice shirt.

Haha, that’s her trying to look “hard”.[/quote]

Not trying honey–I AM! :slight_smile: And yeah, if given the chance–I’d TRY to kick your ass. That’s the thing about Southern Women, We can be a Southern Belle one second, kick off the heels and whip your ass the next–or like I said–some of us will TRY! :wink:

[quote]maryjane wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
4est wrote:
maryjane wrote:

Its true. Southern women are crazy hot!

Some are! :slight_smile:

That is a look that is both hot and “I’ll kick your ass” at the same. Nice shirt.

Haha, that’s her trying to look “hard”.

Not trying honey–I AM! :slight_smile: And yeah, if given the chance–I’d TRY to kick your ass. That’s the thing about Southern Women, We can be a Southern Belle one second, kick off the heels and whip your ass the next–or like I said–some of us will TRY! ;)[/quote]

God, I love you

[quote]sic wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Chris Adams wrote:

Growing up in Virginia, I was taught that the War Between the States (aka the Civil War) ended in a Southern victory.[/quote]

My wife’s family, from Georgia, refer to that war as “The War of Northern Agression”.

I think they are only half joking with me.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
Whoever made that video forgot that there’s a difference between a hillbilly (West Virginia/Ozarks/Oklahoma) and a redneck (The South and Texas - yes, they’re separate). Texans might take offense to me lumping them in with Southerners, but many of you Texans are rednecks too, just admit it. BTW, nice video, lol.[/quote]

Technically, we are southerners in the literal sense, but I don’t see many hillbillies around here. The rednecks, however, are everywhere once you get out of Houston. Although, the traditional redneck seems to be evolving into a modern cowboy of sorts, or a “Metroneck” as I call them. You know, guys that dress up in Western gear and drive Camrys, drink green tea and listen to Nickelback, and so on. I actually prefer the old school Rednecks, because they’re some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

I’ve never been to Mississippi, but I’ve heard that they’re in a class of Hillbilly by themselves, kind of like a “Deliverance meets Slingblade” type of group.

[quote]hedo wrote:
sic wrote:
BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
Chris Adams wrote:

Growing up in Virginia, I was taught that the War Between the States (aka the Civil War) ended in a Southern victory.

My wife’s family, from Georgia, refer to that war as “The War of Northern Agression”.

I think they are only half joking with me.

[/quote]

It makes sense. After all, the Germans call WWII, “Look What the Jews Made Us Do.”

Yeah, Atlanta is pretty nice. The city proper is more African-American than redneck by a large margin. You have to go out past the burbs to see the Confederate flags flying from 2x4s on pickup trucks… although, I haven’t seen that in some time.

By the way, Southerners do not call it the “Civil War”, but rather “The war of Northern aggression”. Many of the kids I went to school with would discuss why the South should have won and why the South WILL win in “the next civil war”. Seriously, some of them really believe that shit.

I was born in the frozen North, but grew up here. Up North, I was taught that the war was fought entirely to free the slaves instead of being over states rights (the right to succeed from the Union).

NO- Texas is not part of the south!

Yes- there are Hicks, Rednecks, and Hillbillies…and they are all different

Yes- southern women are the most beautiful (not the ones in the doublewide)…just visit the campus of Alabama or Ole Miss

Yes- My wife and I have a subscription to Southern Living magazine

[quote]nolecat wrote:
NO- Texas is not part of the south!

Yes- there are Hicks, Rednecks, and Hillbillies…and they are all different

Yes- southern women are the most beautiful (not the ones in the doublewide)…just visit the campus of Alabama or Ole Miss

Yes- My wife and I have a subscription to Southern Living magazine[/quote]

Texas is part of the south, culturally they’re very similar, granted, maybe not ALL of Texas as it’s a huge friggin state, but generally speaking I’d say so.

And let me just toss my school in there, drop by LSU if you need a reminder of hotness too.

It’s not just physical beauty, but the way they behave.

A cute southern accent on these girls drives me wild!

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Texas is part of the south, culturally they’re very similar, granted, maybe not ALL of Texas as it’s a huge friggin state, but generally speaking I’d say so.

And let me just toss my school in there, drop by LSU if you need a reminder of hotness too.

It’s not just physical beauty, but the way they behave.

A cute southern accent on these girls drives me wild!

[/quote]

“the way they behave” = slutty? My ex works there, so I believe you! I’ve never been around a large group of LSU women, but the few I have been around acted … liberated? Good times, man.

I would still take the women of UT anyday, though.

mother fucker…

jk

[quote]RedRaven wrote:
Reminds me of were I work in New Hampshire[/quote]