Gotta Love Max Charles

In the second video when asked about his “U-turns”:

“No, no i would not do that again because that would be stupid” LMAOOOO I love the way thinks.

Yeah, this guy’s completely full of shit. In one vid he claimed that he ate only once a day and it was rice and beans. Then it was maybe twice. Then he had chicken too… He just makes shit up to sound cool and contradicts himself non-stop. He is a fucking monster though, so good for him.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
Is that world record deadlift raw?[/quote]

It’d be a world record equipped too, and that’s one of the reasons people might be a bit sceptical.[/quote]

Really though, who cares? Until you see him attempt any of this, it doesn’t really matter.

He isn’t competing in powerlifting. His claims are insignificant compared to his overall progress…which is very significant.

I guess I just don’t understand the “HE’S A FUCKING LIAR!!!” reaction.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

It’d be a world record equipped too, and that’s one of the reasons people might be a bit sceptical.[/quote]

Really though, who cares? Until you see him attempt any of this, it doesn’t really matter.

He isn’t competing in powerlifting. His claims are insignificant compared to his overall progress…which is very significant.

I guess I just don’t understand the “HE’S A FUCKING LIAR!!!” reaction.[/quote]

Well when someone is obviously lying, they’re lying. It’s relevant because he brings this upon himself, if he doesn’t want anyone to say anything about his 1035 pound deadlifts for reps and 350 pound preacher curls and whatever else he says, put up a video or don’t say anything at all. He can’t do those lifts, so we will never see a video. Now he has a great physique, not taking anything away from him there, but to make claims like that, it’d be stupid not to call him out on them, maybe he doesn’t know math, who knows…

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

Well when someone is obviously lying, they’re lying. It’s relevant because he brings this upon himself, if he doesn’t want anyone to say anything about his 1035 pound deadlifts for reps and 350 pound preacher curls and whatever else he says, put up a video or don’t say anything at all. He can’t do those lifts, so we will never see a video. Now he has a great physique, not taking anything away from him there, but to make claims like that, it’d be stupid not to call him out on them, maybe he doesn’t know math, who knows…[/quote]

What are Max’s stats lately? What does he get up to in the off season?

Every vid I’ve seen of him is next to contest shape…and the only guy really maxing out in that kind of shape is Ronnie Coleman.

I can say, if he wanted to be the topic of conversation…he really succeeded.

Honestly, to come out of the blue and be a increasingly well known name from one appearance without the support of his image in the mags is impressive.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

Well when someone is obviously lying, they’re lying. It’s relevant because he brings this upon himself, if he doesn’t want anyone to say anything about his 1035 pound deadlifts for reps and 350 pound preacher curls and whatever else he says, put up a video or don’t say anything at all. He can’t do those lifts, so we will never see a video. Now he has a great physique, not taking anything away from him there, but to make claims like that, it’d be stupid not to call him out on them, maybe he doesn’t know math, who knows…[/quote]

What are Max’s stats lately? What does he get up to in the off season?

Every vid I’ve seen of him is next to contest shape…and the only guy really maxing out in that kind of shape is Ronnie Coleman.

I can say, if he wanted to be the topic of conversation…he really succeeded.

Honestly, to come out of the blue and be a increasingly well known name from one appearance without the support of his image in the mags is impressive.[/quote]

He claims to be in off season mode around 300 pounds, says he doesn’t weigh himself much anymore…Taken from his most recent video.

Of course, guy looks incredible, he just shouldn’t be touting lifts that are stronger than the strongest lifts recorded and then to say he reps more then the heaviest deadlift this world has seen…I mean come on Max, you can get an Rx training vid, how about you shut the “haters” up and lift something remotely close to what you claim, damn if he repped 750 on deads I’d be plenty impressed, but we will never see that. He shouldn’t have to make things up to make himself look good, or cool, he’s doing great as a bodybuilder and she be proud of that, that’s an awesome accomplishment in itself.

I think it’s fair to assume that when 5 grand is on the table for him to record his 350 preacher curl and he refuses then he sure as hell isn’t gonna be busting out and 1k+ deadlifts on camera anytime soon :slight_smile:

I get the impression that you all think he meant he was deadlifting 1000lbs with a full range of motion, from the floor to lockout, which is mind-blowingly retarded if you’ve watched any of his videos.

The guy believes 100% in PARTIAL RANGE OF MOTION lifting. He said he had 10 plates a side, and then hung two in the middle from a chain… Imagine how that would work pulling from the floor…

Obviously he was doing some kind of rack pull, and knowing him it wasn’t more than 5-10 inches of ROM. The guy is Haitian too, and you can clearly hear in the interview that there are some language barriers.

Some of you are pretty stupid sometimes, you know that?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
I get the impression that you all think he meant he was deadlifting 1000lbs with a full range of motion, from the floor to lockout, which is mind-blowingly retarded if you’ve watched any of his videos.

The guy believes 100% in PARTIAL RANGE OF MOTION lifting. He said he had 10 plates a side, and then hung two in the middle from a chain… Imagine how that would work pulling from the floor…

Obviously he was doing some kind of rack pull, and knowing him it wasn’t more than 5-10 inches of ROM. The guy is Haitian too, and you can clearly hear in the interview that there are some language barriers.

Some of you are pretty stupid sometimes, you know that?[/quote]

I said all of that in the last “Mega Max Charles” thread and they attacked me like it was insane to note how poor his interview skills are.

He could just be creating hype and buzz about himself… MMA fighters, boxers and other athletes do it all the time. Making wild and outlandish claims just to get people talking about them or their upcoming game/fight/match/competition/whatever. Why not a BBer? I don’t see why people get mad about it. Doesn’t seem like fans get mad like that in other sports

[quote]gregron wrote:
He could just be creating hype and buzz about himself… MMA fighters, boxers and other athletes do it all the time. Making wild and outlandish claims just to get people talking about them or their upcoming game/fight/match/competition/whatever. Why not a BBer? I don’t see why people get mad about it. Doesn’t seem like fans get mad like that in other sports [/quote]

I’ve said that as well…but in the other thread, there is a guy who trained at his gym who said he saw him pull that much weight…yet he’s still lying…and they seem really concerned about him “lying”.

This has nothing to do with bad math, or language barriers, or anonymous gym goers “witnessing” world record feats of strength that somehow no one else has seen… It has to do with this guy lying. There was a poster here who claimed he saw a guy in prison benching 700lbs+ for reps, and everyone knew he was lying. Or the whipped cream bencher benching fake plates and coming on here continuing to lie until he got exposed and disappeared as fast as he showed up. Like Way pointed out, the guy got offered a lot of money to prove just one of his outlandish claims and never came through. Not really sure what else needs to be said.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
This has nothing to do with bad math, or language barriers, or anonymous gym goers “witnessing” world record feats of strength that somehow no one else has seen… It has to do with this guy lying. There was a poster here who claimed he saw a guy in prison benching 700lbs+ for reps, and everyone knew he was lying. Or the whipped cream bencher benching fake plates and coming on here continuing to lie until he got exposed and disappeared as fast as he showed up. Like Way pointed out, the guy got offered a lot of money to prove just one of his outlandish claims and never came through. Not really sure what else needs to be said.[/quote]

Waylander can make good points. YOU, you’re just a HATER.

Don’t group up with other people to reduce the Hate Rate. It doesn’t go down that easily.

^^ lulz!!! “Reduce the hate rate”

strong hs bench decline rows lol…

Fuck this ass kissing. If some newbie weed came out and made up some insane lift numbers that were obviously bullshit, everyone would call him the fuck out on it. But since this guy is jacked the fuck up, he gets a bullshit pass? Fuck off. Andy bolton would laugh in his face.

He only eats once a day and its rice in the morning and its half of what a normal person eats, his words not mine that is a little suss.

Even if he does drink lots of coke or shakes as the old thread states, but at the end of the day who cares he looks amazing and good luck to him.

[quote]captain slow wrote:
Just googled this guy…says he trains 3 hours a day. Also says in an interview he does his workout in hour and a half then goes back and does the same workout over again but with lighter weights!!!

So according to the interview he does on legs…

Squat 7 sets
Leg press 8 sets
Lunges 6 sets
Leg extensions 5 sets
Lighter leg presses 5 sets
Hack squat 5 sets

or something to that effect then repeats. Also goes up to 20 exercises in a day!!

This can’t be real…can it??[/quote]

I know two Dutch champions who did exactly the same thing. Both super heavy weights and they did this 20 years ago at the gym I managed. This is not as strange as it sounds. None of the super huge guys I have been around trained in less then an hour, 4 times a week. None.

As a side note, I remember one of them saying that 600 grams of carbs was ‘low carbing’ it.

These guys can handle things differently is all I am going to say :slight_smile:

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Some of you are pretty stupid sometimes, you know that?[/quote]

There’s an exercise called a Rack Pull. He said deadlift. And yes, PLers hang chains and all sorts of things from the bar when DLing, I don’t see how him mentioned attaching plates to bar magically makes it impossible that he is referring to a full ROM deadlift.

Is this guy a natty?