Gotta Get Small

35 lbs? damn…

hope you have a few months to do this and not a few weeks…

5’7 205 lbs lean can still look badass, I think Thibaudeau is 5’8 205 lbs…

sounds like an awesome job too…

anyways, good luck!

Good luck heavy thrower, my brother is a nurse. My favorite nurse joke is do you know how to tell which nurse is the head nurse? The one with the knee pads :slight_smile:

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
This is a pretty good pic of Aeromed landing on a rollover wreck[/quote]

Nice Rigs… I always liked the midship pumpers. D/E gets a good view of what is going on.

Good luck to ya. I always thought it would be a great job to be a flight medic. Those jobs are hard to come by tho.

[quote]firebug9 wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
This is a pretty good pic of Aeromed landing on a rollover wreck

Nice Rigs… I always liked the midship pumpers. D/E gets a good view of what is going on.[/quote]

Thanks, and pecisely why I love them so much.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
heavythrower,

Good luck man. I wanted to be a part of the Aeromed crew that operates with our local hospitals, but I got hit with a 200lb weight restriction.

I knew right there and then that idea was done. I haven’t weighed that since '92 :-/

You would think one heavily muscled 250lbs man would save them the money of needing to hire more different people for that team. Do they weigh everyone everyday before they leave? What if you get hired at 195lbs but you “carbload” and hit the helicopter weighing 220lbs?

While heavylifter could stand to lean up a little, walking around weighing that much less than you have been used to for years would take an overhaul of your eating and even the way you think of yourself. I couldn’t imagine weighing 200lbs at this point. [/quote]

thats a good point. i have not been consistently under 200lbs since highschool. even when i used to compete at 198, my walking around weight was 210-215.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
How long do you have to lose it? If you have a little time, I would do something like Berardi’s Get Shredded or the Velocity Diet all the while continuing to lift hard to help burn the fat. Then when you’re really lean, stop lifting for awhile, decrease your protein a lot, up the cardio a lot, etc… [/quote]

about 3 months, i have to complete orientation in the ED there first and get about 3 more national certs in, like NRP, PALS, etc.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Bah, you can do it man, it should be easy. You’ll have to screw around with the perfect eating system you had though…

Sigh, another pizza eater bites the dust![/quote]

how about that nutrisystem pizza?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
This is a pretty good pic of Aeromed landing on a rollover wreck[/quote]

Nice Spartan 10 man chassis to the right in that pic.

You will look rocked at 210!

Do it!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
heavythrower,

Good luck man. I wanted to be a part of the Aeromed crew that operates with our local hospitals, but I got hit with a 200lb weight restriction.

I knew right there and then that idea was done. I haven’t weighed that since '92 :-/

You would think one heavily muscled 250lbs man would save them the money of needing to hire more different people for that team. Do they weigh everyone everyday before they leave? What if you get hired at 195lbs but you “carbload” and hit the helicopter weighing 220lbs?

While heavylifter could stand to lean up a little, walking around weighing that much less than you have been used to for years would take an overhaul of your eating and even the way you think of yourself. I couldn’t imagine weighing 200lbs at this point. [/quote]

I think the weight limit is created to keep obesze people out. I’m sure if you are a lean 240 the weight requirement would not be a problem…unless the exter 40 will take the helicopter down?

Is this a case where you can “make weight” somewhat or do you really have to be that light?

About the nutrisystem pizza, umm, you’ll have to try it and let me know…

[quote]vroom wrote:
Is this a case where you can “make weight” somewhat or do you really have to be that light?
[/quote]

Yeah I was wondering that too cos I’ve dropped almost 10lbs in 48 hours like… If you’re not being weighed week in, week out considering that is a possibility.

Or you could just get a colonic. That’s good for about 20lbs right?

i think (i need to double check) that it is a bi-anual physical hat you have to “make weight”. i figure i need to lose about 20lbs, and then stay in the 205-215 range. i am sure my bodyfat is pretty high, but maybe not as high as some of you think. it looks like i have a BIG belly in my pics, but with the excption of some love handles, my stomach is actually very solid. 20 years of PL, go figure. i have vascularity in my upper chest, shoulders, upper arms, thighs and calves. but, i admit, i have some pretty impressive moobs…sigh

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
i think (i need to double check) that it is a bi-anual physical hat you have to “make weight”. i figure i need to lose about 20lbs, and then stay in the 205-215 range. i am sure my bodyfat is pretty high, but maybe not as high as some of you think. it looks like i have a BIG belly in my pics, but with the excption of some love handles, my stomach is actually very solid. 20 years of PL, go figure. i have vascularity in my upper chest, shoulders, upper arms, thighs and calves. but, i admit, i have some pretty impressive moobs…sigh[/quote]

Sounds like you’re fine then. You just need to go on a strict diet/nutrition program. Many to choose from on this site. You don’t need to catobolize a lot of muscle. Maintaining will be easier than losing, and you won’t have to exclusively live on chicken breasts, spinach, and oils [etc…] once you’ve lost the fat. Good luck!

my problem is late night snaking and no cardio. for condtioning all i do is drag my sled for about 10 minuts a day. after looking at the “dogcrapp” thread, i wonder if i eliminate the icecream and cookies while watching movies with my girl at midnight and taking my dog for a 45 minute walk in the morning on an empty stomach if i can lose 5-10lbs just by doing that.

Given your overall level of muscularity, I’d guess it will be quite easy to lose some fat if you get in some NEPA like walking or whatnot.

Just eat small amounts of proteins from time to time to spare the muscles. Hey, you know the drill much better than I, it’s just time to get disciplined bud.

If you want to keep participating in togetherness treats and such (and why the hell not) then prepare them in advance. Something yechy like blended and frozen cottage cheese and Metabolic Drive might be survivable as an ice cream surrogate, but let you still keep some of the same rituals. Maybe homemade pudding pops?

Don’t know, maybe you are just kidding, but get creative man. You can do it. I’ll bet there is more fat to lose than you think… it always amazes me how much weight comes off when cutting.

If it is what you want to do, then get to it… we are waiting to hear about your progress!

Maybe you should do your own transformation like Dave Tate. You would look solid at 205.

[quote]Reef wrote:
Maybe you should do your own transformation like Dave Tate. You would look solid at 205. [/quote]

sort of done that already… here are some pics i dug up of me at my lightest(as and adult, as a teenage PL, i got down to 184lbs for a meet ONCE)

here is me at 205-210…

another at 205-210…