Got Yelled at for Chalk-Gyms in MD?

The saga continues…Got yelled at again today-and threatened to get my membership revoked…I figure that will probably be my easiest way out of the contract anyway-so it goes…

But for some background-all of this BS started because there is a new GM that started 2 weeks ago-he is trying to get rid of all of the serious lifters because we are “bad for business” and “Scare” the female members…Lame

They have already revoked 2 other guys memberships for “Grunting” while squatting…Oh how far Gold’s has fallen

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
stallion wrote:
After training my gf at one of their club I was spoken to by the manager, he wanted to know if I was doing illegal personal training.

Don’t they have tasers at your gym for illegal personal training? That’s hilarious. Did they make you take a test to establish how close your relationship is kind of like immigration does?[/quote]

This does not strike me as all that outrageous. Without knowing how the manager approached you about it, I find it perfectly reasonable that a gym would want to protect one of its main sources of revenue and not let someone who has paid nothing into the system profit from the investment that the gym put in. I also dont think it’s unreasonable that one of the trainers had a manager speak to you rather than doing it herself. It’s not strictly within her job description and if the manager is the one doing the talking, she avoids saying anything that gets her in trouble.

I will also say that I am speaking from the other side of this conversation, having been a trainer myself.

[quote]SOCMSuperman wrote:
Use pine-tar, like baseball players use, and all of a sudden he’ll think chalk is not so bad. Just a thought.[/quote]

lmfao.

yeah I worked out at a Gold’s in Derry, New Hampshire for almost two years and never got even looked at funny for using chalk. maybe I’m naive, but I wasn’t even aware that gyms had a problem with that. they might as well not allow water bottles either, in case you spill any on the floor …

but yeah, as far as keepin your hands clean, check this out.
www.bodybuilding.com/store/xf/chalk.html

it’s cheap too.
good luck, haha. lame gyms.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
The saga continues…Got yelled at again today-and threatened to get my membership revoked…I figure that will probably be my easiest way out of the contract anyway-so it goes…

But for some background-all of this BS started because there is a new GM that started 2 weeks ago-he is trying to get rid of all of the serious lifters because we are “bad for business” and “Scare” the female members…Lame

They have already revoked 2 other guys memberships for “Grunting” while squatting…Oh how far Gold’s has fallen[/quote]

Wow…that’s crazy. Time to move on I’d say.

[quote]Sine wrote:
Alpha wrote:

They have already revoked 2 other guys memberships for “Grunting” while squatting…Oh how far Gold’s has fallen

Wow…that’s crazy. Time to move on I’d say.
[/quote]

I searching brotha…believe me

[quote]Alpha wrote:
Thanks for the input bro-Anyone know more good places in MD?[/quote]

I work at a family fitness type center in Odenton. We have three highly ranked powerlifters here. I believe two of them use chalk, and that it is okay with the owner. Send me a p.m.

I have been powerlifting at Living Fit on 140. It is a crossfit gym but has quite a few powerracks and chalk is not a problem. You do not need to pay crossfit prices to join gym. I pay 20/month and have access to all the equipment in the gym. they do lack some key pieces of equipment, but all in all it is enough to get a serious workout. You can check it out anytime for free. 24 hr gym. No goofy rules, just athletes.

Uh, Jim…this thread is 7 years old.

On the bright side, this thread is a hilarious revival.

@Alpha does have a gym to work out at now.

Hahahah yep, if you can’t find hat you want, build it yourself. Jim, I own and operate my own Strongman, Powerlifting and Sports Conditioning gym in Westminster Maryland Named NEVERsate Athletics. Come by sometime and we can get a lift in together

Ha! I bet they wouldn’t even let you in the front door at the Westminster Golds anymore. It’s all spin classes and non-sense from what I’ve been told.

Very greatful for my gym, they supply the chalk!!! Lol

The laws of people fuck everything good up says it is a matter of time before a couple of numbnuts start doing a chalk ritual which covers the joint in chalk.

From there it will spread until the manager has no choice but to deny everyone chalk.

Hahahaha! Yes, ActivitiesGuy, I realized it was 7 years old RIGHT AFTER I hit submit. LOL. But I am glad you were still around to catch it!! I was actually looking for a place to lift and came across this thread. Alpha’s gym sounds like the kind of place I have been looking for. I will be down this week to check it out Alpha. I appreciate the offer to come by. See you soon.

That would be awesome man, I’m looking forward to it!