Got Test Results, Need Input

I just got my test results back from the lab. A few things stood out but first, some quick history. Three years ago I started TRT, I had all the signed other than weight gain. Test was 205, started testim (1 tube a day) retested in 8 weeks, test was 195. Dr. doubled the dose and it went up to 422. I couldn’t do the cream anymore after a year; to much concern with a wife and 4 young boys, not to add the endless chore and stickiness!

So I started 1cc of testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL every 2 weeks for 3 months. The drop off on the 12 day was so bad, the Dr. up it 1cc/ week and the results went up to 665 after 6 months. Now we are a year out from that test and I am at 1150.

Here’s a few of my questions;

1. Is 1150 to high, normal being 241- 827? I havent received a call from my Dr. yet. He only calls if there is something out of wack. I did have both blood work and urinalysis done (just an overall health workup)

2. I begged for him to do an estrogen test but he only ordered a total. That fell in range 123 pg/Ml and the prolactin was 5.6, any thoughts on this?

3. GET A LOAD OF THIS ONE! My total cholesterol has dropped from 265 from two years ago to 235 a year ago to now 175. I have had my cholesterol check for the last 20 years and the lowest its ever been was 208. A big factor was a drop in my triglycerides. 330 at one time, last year 212 and now 156.

For the record, I’m 47, always active, lifted ever since I was 15, and never overweight. I have been running for 3 years, 3x a week 4-5 miles/day and plan on doing my first 10k in 5 weeks. On top of all that running, I can still competition squat 600. Not boasting, just saying I feel 25 again!!!

Sorry for the long post but thanks for your time. God Bless!

DL84

All of you lab references need lab ranges. Don’t tell us that something was normal!
[edit] your post above.
read the protocol for injections sticky and self inject twice per week.

TT is mostly T+SHBG which is inert. Need FT data as well.

T lab results with long injection periods are mostly a function of lab timing. So 1150 means what? Nothing wrong with the number, just do not know what it means for you.

Make things easy, read the advice for new guys sticky and come back with organized data please.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:
I just got my test results back from the lab. A few things stood out but first, some quick history. Three years ago I started TRT, I had all the signed other than weight gain. Test was 205, started testim (1 tube a day) retested in 8 weeks, test was 195. Dr. doubled the dose and it went up to 422. I couldnâ??t do the cream anymore after a year; to much concern with a wife and 4 young boys, not to add the endless chore and stickiness!

So I started 1cc of testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL every 2 weeks for 3 months. The drop off on the 12 day was so bad, the Dr. up it 1cc/ week and the results went up to 665 after 6 months. Now we are a year out from that test and I am at 1150.

Here’s a few of my questions;

1. Is 1150 to high, normal being 241- 827? I havenâ??t received a call from my Dr. yet. He only calls if there is something out of wack. I did have both blood work and urinalysis done (just an overall health workup)

2. I begged for him to do an estrogen test but he only ordered a total. That fell in range 123 pg/Ml and the prolactin was 5.6, any thoughts on this?

3. GET A LOAD OF THIS ONE! My total cholesterol has dropped from 265 from two years ago to 235 a year ago to now 175. I have had my cholesterol check for the last 20 years and the lowest its ever been was 208. A big factor was a drop in my triglycerides. 330 at one time, last year 212 and now 156.

For the record, I’m 47, always active, lifted ever since I was 15, and never overweight. I have been running for 3 years, 3x a week 4-5 miles/day and plan on doing my first 10k in 5 weeks. On top of all that running, I can still competition squat 600. Not boasting, just saying I feel 25 again!!!

Sorry for the long post but thanks for your time. God Bless!

DL84
[/quote]

From my blood test 1150 is in the high end of the good range so I’d be stoked… I’m sure T that high contributes to a 600lb comp squat :slight_smile: Congrats on the cholesterol too, that is a huge improvement, what did you change in your eating habits?

[quote]KSman wrote:
All of you lab references need lab ranges. Don’t tell us that something was normal!
[edit] your post above.
read the protocol for injections sticky and self inject twice per week.

TT is mostly T+SHBG which is inert. Need FT data as well.

T lab results with long injection periods are mostly a function of lab timing. So 1150 means what? Nothing wrong with the number, just do not know what it means for you.

Make things easy, read the advice for new guys sticky and come back with organized data please.

[/quote]

Geez, Sorry!

Thoughts? Still need range for total estrogens: “I begged for him to do an estrogen test but he only ordered a total. That fell in range 123 pg/Ml”

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter/BUOrderInfo.action?TC=439&labCode=AMD
If that is the right lab, the range is:

Males:

Prepubertal: < 40.0 pg/mL

Adult: 40.0-115.0 pg/mL

Which is not in range. So still do not know if that is the correct lab. And ranges depend on the lab company. So you can see that this is difficult and time consuming if you do not provide lab range data.

[/quote]

From my blood test 1150 is in the high end of the good range so I’d be stoked… I’m sure T that high contributes to a 600lb comp squat :slight_smile: Congrats on the cholesterol too, that is a huge improvement, what did you change in your eating habits?
[/quote]

I have been keeping my eye on my total fat intake but I think the running helped pull down my triglycerides. As for the squat, I was able to do that weight 3 years ago without TRT but my BW may have been 5 lbs heaver.

I really think the T has given me the ability and motivation to run harder and longer. In return it brought my cholesterol levels down. Maybe it will be back up again next time but for now I’m happy with it.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Thoughts? Still need range for total estrogens: “I begged for him to do an estrogen test but he only ordered a total. That fell in range 123 pg/Ml”

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter/BUOrderInfo.action?TC=439&labCode=AMD
If that is the right lab, the range is:

Males:

Prepubertal: < 40.0 pg/mL

Adult: 40.0-115.0 pg/mL

Which is not in range. So still do not know if that is the correct lab. And ranges depend on the lab company. So you can see that this is difficult and time consuming if you do not provide lab range data.

[/quote]

I looked up your numbers and see that Quest has what you put down(40-115) My report that is also from Quest call out a range of 130 or less. I checked it three times. So I guess we are both right; or both wrong. How am I to understand test results when the company provides conflicting information? Now I see where you are coming from.

In any case, ideally, your E2 would be around 40% of the upper range. So it appears that you have high estrogen levels and that can be expected to reduce FT levels by increasing SHBG. You might feel better using an AI to lower E2. You need to do E2 labs, total estrogens simply are not used very often so there is no good sense on what to do with that data.

Another cause of increased estrogens can be impaired liver function. Check ALT and AST. Some Rx or OTC meds can reduce E clearance.

Injecting every two weeks is a bad idea, see the protocol for injections sticky. What you are doing can increase E2 levels.

[quote]KSman wrote:
In any case, ideally, your E2 would be around 40% of the upper range. So it appears that you have high estrogen levels and that can be expected to reduce FT levels by increasing SHBG. You might feel better using an AI to lower E2. You need to do E2 labs, total estrogens simply are not used very often so there is no good sense on what to do with that data.

Another cause of increased estrogens can be impaired liver function. Check ALT and AST. Some Rx or OTC meds can reduce E clearance.

Injecting every two weeks is a bad idea, see the protocol for injections sticky. What you are doing can increase E2 levels.[/quote]

My original post said, "So I started 1cc of testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL every 2 weeks for 3 months. The drop off on the 12 day was so bad, the Dr. up it 1cc/ week and the results went up to 665 after 6 months. "
I am pinning once a week.

I checked the labs; AST was 22(RANGE:10-40), ALT was 25 (RANGE 9-60)I did see my Alkaline Phosphatase was low at 38 (RANGE:40-115)it was 46 a year ago so I didnt get alarmed.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have been keeping my eye on my total fat intake but I think the running helped pull down my triglycerides. As for the squat, I was able to do that weight 3 years ago without TRT but my BW may have been 5 lbs heaver.

I really think the T has given me the ability and motivation to run harder and longer. In return it brought my cholesterol levels down. Maybe it will be back up again next time but for now I’m happy with it.
[/quote]

My cholesterol and triglycerides did the same thing. I wasn’t doing anything different except the TRT. I read long ago that since cholesterol is the building block of T, if the body senses a deficiency in T then one thing it does is pump out Cholesterol to try and increase T. By fixing the deficiency not as much Cholesterol is needed. Probably too simple of an explanation and one that is full of holes, but something to think about!