Got T Pellets Today

my 1 month supply of Androgel (lowest dose that they start you out on) came to $15 co-pay, but it also came with a discount card which means I only paid $1.75.
can’t get cheaper than that.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Pellets do start with stronger levels that fall later on. I don’t know how that is managed. If levels are not steady, then a steady anastrozole dose does not provide steady levels of E2. The claims that pellets provide better level control are based on comparisons to injections done every two weeks. So they picked a worst case to compare their product too.

I think that my biggest issue with pellets is big business attempting to make something simple and inexpensive expensive and complicated. And do doctors make unbiased decisions when they can have repeat minor surgical procedures for income. Do the docs who only do office T injections have the same financial bias that does not take the patients best interest as a priority? I have the same objections to T-gels and patches which are extremely expensive. High T content T creams are effective and affordable [LEF.org’s pharmacy].

Injected T is cheap and with EOD injections, T and E levels can be dead steady. The small volumes of EOD injections allow for injections with insulin needles. Those who promote pellets here may not have had a choice to self inject and may have insurance paying for the higher costs. I feel that T-gels and pellets products are profit motivated, not patient benefit motivated. Health insurance simply provides a huge market for products that are so overpriced that they would hardly be sustainable in a marketplace where there was no health insurance and product choice was based on an out-of-pocket cost:benefit ratio.[/quote]

The doc charged my insurance $250 for the 3 months of pellets, so I think $$$ is somewhat of a wash.

I think a big factor is simplicity. I now don’t even have to think of TRT for 3 months. I like that.

I suspect that Testopel knows that if T levels fall throughout the 3 months, people would drift back to gels/shots. The time release of Test would have to be steady throughout the 3 months or their long-term business model is a goner. About that one, we shall see.

BTW: greatly appreciate your input in the thread. Thank you, KSMan!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
KSman wrote:
Pellets do start with stronger levels that fall later on. I don’t know how that is managed. If levels are not steady, then a steady anastrozole dose does not provide steady levels of E2. The claims that pellets provide better level control are based on comparisons to injections done every two weeks. So they picked a worst case to compare their product too.

I think that my biggest issue with pellets is big business attempting to make something simple and inexpensive expensive and complicated. And do doctors make unbiased decisions when they can have repeat minor surgical procedures for income. Do the docs who only do office T injections have the same financial bias that does not take the patients best interest as a priority? I have the same objections to T-gels and patches which are extremely expensive. High T content T creams are effective and affordable [LEF.org’s pharmacy].

Injected T is cheap and with EOD injections, T and E levels can be dead steady. The small volumes of EOD injections allow for injections with insulin needles. Those who promote pellets here may not have had a choice to self inject and may have insurance paying for the higher costs. I feel that T-gels and pellets products are profit motivated, not patient benefit motivated. Health insurance simply provides a huge market for products that are so overpriced that they would hardly be sustainable in a marketplace where there was no health insurance and product choice was based on an out-of-pocket cost:benefit ratio.

The doc charged my insurance $250 for the 3 months of pellets, so I think $$$ is somewhat of a wash.

I think a big factor is simplicity. I now don’t even have to think of TRT for 3 months. I like that.

I suspect that Testopel knows that if T levels fall throughout the 3 months, people would drift back to gels/shots. The time release of Test would have to be steady throughout the 3 months or their long-term business model is a goner. About that one, we shall see.

BTW: greatly appreciate your input in the thread. Thank you, KSMan!

[/quote]

Im torn on what to do.my app. is thursady for pelletts… keep in mind I do not pay,being a licensed pro,I do not pay…im thinking.would insurance pick up on the pelletts,and stop my bottles of enanthate…they are slick…but I have like 5 bottles stocked…so maybe get the pelletts…see how they work,if no good,tell insurance im not going back,and keep the enan…
the dr swears this will work much better…but …

The pellets appear to maintain a constant dose of T throughout:

“It has been found that approximately one-third of the material is absorbed in the first month,
one fourth in the second month, and one sixth in the third month. Adequate effect of the pellets ordinarily continues for three to four months, sometimes as long as six months.”

http://www.slatepharma.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/testopelpi.pdf

I’ve been on the pellets for four months now. The first implants numbered ten. My T level after a month was 1680. My doc wasn’t happy but he said he’d just reduce the number next time around. The first week my skin got rather oily + I got both facial and back zits. Strength went up a lot. Using the HST method, I put one and a half inches on my upper arms in seven weeks.

The pellets were supposed to last four months, but they only lasted three for me. This next time around, the doc would only give me six pellets. So far I haven’t had a T level drawn so don’t know how much it’s down from the 1680 I orginally had.

The pellets are easy. You get them put in and you forget about them. Because the HPTA is already shut down, the benefits of adding any additional T or AAS on top of the TRT T level should be significant, I would think.
I’ve had no sides other than the aforementioned oily skin and zits, although also turned into somewhat of a horn dog.

I’ve done injections, and I had nowhere near the response I’ve had on the pellets. I’ve got absolutely no complaints.

doctornorm

[quote]doctornorm wrote:
I’ve been on the pellets for four months now. The first implants numbered ten. My T level after a month was 1680. My doc wasn’t happy but he said he’d just reduce the number next time around. The first week my skin got rather oily + I got both facial and back zits. Strength went up a lot. Using the HST method, I put one and a half inches on my upper arms in seven weeks.

The pellets were supposed to last four months, but they only lasted three for me. This next time around, the doc would only give me six pellets. So far I haven’t had a T level drawn so don’t know how much it’s down from the 1680 I orginally had.

The pellets are easy. You get them put in and you forget about them. Because the HPTA is already shut down, the benefits of adding any additional T or AAS on top of the TRT T level should be significant, I would think.
I’ve had no sides other than the aforementioned oily skin and zits, although also turned into somewhat of a horn dog.

I’ve done injections, and I had nowhere near the response I’ve had on the pellets. I’ve got absolutely no complaints.

doctornorm[/quote]
I only got 4 and think its not enough. started feeling bad again, so began putting on half-dose of the gel again. Wish i’d started at the higher end like you! :slight_smile:

hey guys…all my dr said about 6-7 pellets…keep me informed about how you feel on them…and any tips…info…now…
is there anyway to find out how much test these pellets will be giving me each day ? cause I want to keep injecting,I have like 5 bottles of test…and will still get my RX for them… I am not looking for huge siz.e.I have a weight class to stay in.lol im a fighter ,so that should show you my goals…I do not want to over do it…any help would be great ,thanks guys

The only way to know how much T you’re getting is to have a level drawn. I’d wait a month, then have it drawn. The pellets are good for three to four months. I could tell mine were dropping off big time after the third month. As I previously stated, I had 10 pellets implanted and my T level shot up to 1680. After three months and three weeks, my level was back to my pre-pellet level, so I’m going to go back after three months this go round and have the next batch implanted. My second visit my doc would only implant six pellets, but I was happy for that as I was worried he might even want to drop down to five. Our goal is to have my level somewhere between 1000 and 1100 which is very high end normal.

The pellets will shut down your natural T production via the HPTA. However, any additional T you inject, or any other AAS you use will be on top of whatever your getting from the pellets. This essentially means that you really won’t have to add that much, although I know of no formula or protocol for determining how much to use. Personally, I’m going to go with 100 mg. of Test. Cyp. a week and see how that goes for a 10 week trial.
Many would say that’s not much, but, again, it’s on top of a stable high level of T that won’t be shut down.
The guys not on TRT use 500-1000mg or more, but they’ve lost all of their natural T whereas we’ve simply replaced ours and it’s stable.

doctornorm

[quote]doctornorm wrote:
The only way to know how much T you’re getting is to have a level drawn. I’d wait a month, then have it drawn. The pellets are good for three to four months. I could tell mine were dropping off big time after the third month. As I previously stated, I had 10 pellets implanted and my T level shot up to 1680. After three months and three weeks, my level was back to my pre-pellet level, so I’m going to go back after three months this go round and have the next batch implanted. My second visit my doc would only implant six pellets, but I was happy for that as I was worried he might even want to drop down to five. Our goal is to have my level somewhere between 1000 and 1100 which is very high end normal.

The pellets will shut down your natural T production via the HPTA. However, any additional T you inject, or any other AAS you use will be on top of whatever your getting from the pellets. This essentially means that you really won’t have to add that much, although I know of no formula or protocol for determining how much to use. Personally, I’m going to go with 100 mg. of Test. Cyp. a week and see how that goes for a 10 week trial.
Many would say that’s not much, but, again, it’s on top of a stable high level of T that won’t be shut down.
The guys not on TRT use 500-1000mg or more, but they’ve lost all of their natural T whereas we’ve simply replaced ours and it’s stable.

doctornorm[/quote]

OK sounds good, maybe ill see what the pellets do 1st…then as they drop…inject…I have acess to blod work anytime I want…so you say wait about 1 month after…have levels tested ?
if to hih…I wont inject…ig low…I will ? ,thanks for the replys…

You’re most welcome. Please post your results after a month.

Thanks.

N

Their website says that 4 pellets is equivalent to injecting 50 mg of Enan per week, which is ludicrous. I wish I’d read that and noted it, got the guy to put in more than 4 pellets. 4 is just dumb.

I’ll use Androgel until January, when I get more pellets, and this time its 8 or none.

[quote]doctornorm wrote:
I’ve been on the pellets for four months now. The first implants numbered ten. My T level after a month was 1680.

doctornorm[/quote]

If you achieved TT=1680 with IM injections you would not be saying this. T release from pellets is a function of surface area and surface area decreases as the pellet is consumed.

More to the point will be FT levels and E2 levels.

If you add more pellets at 3 months, then the new and old will over-lap.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

“It has been found that approximately one-third of the material is absorbed in the first month,
one fourth in the second month, and one sixth in the third month. Adequate effect of the pellets ordinarily continues for three to four months, sometimes as long as six months.”

Pellets are not a perfect delivery system. Levels do vary quite a bit as seen in the doc that I linked above. I think that “Adequate effect of the pellets ordinarily continues for three to four months, sometimes as long as six months” is misleading. What you feel is adequate and what the authors think are adequate may not be the same. When injections were introduced, injections every few weeks were considered “adequate”. We now know that weekly injections are not adequate for many guys.

Adequate does not mean optimal. It means suboptimal.

Also note that literature from a drug manufacturer would never say inadequate, so the using that word has no meaning at all.

And the PDF does not address the issues of how changing T levels complicates AI control of E2. I do not consider any T delivery system that makes proper E2 control impossible an adequate option.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Their website says that 4 pellets is equivalent to injecting 50 mg of Enan per week, which is ludicrous. I wish I’d read that and noted it, got the guy to put in more than 4 pellets. 4 is just dumb.

I’ll use Androgel until January, when I get more pellets, and this time its 8 or none.[/quote]

I beleive he said he was putting in 7 or so…and told me he would do all to keep me at about 700-800 test level…they will be put in friday…how long should I wait to have blood tests
(I can go anytime) i would assume levels will be high at 1st…so maybe skip the injection ?
im trying to figure how to use both…and if that would benifit me…thanks guys…

hey guys…had 10 peletts put in 2 day…blood tests in 2 weeks…what should I expect… ?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Pellets are not a perfect delivery system. Levels do vary quite a bit as seen in the doc that I linked above. I think that “Adequate effect of the pellets ordinarily continues for three to four months, sometimes as long as six months” is misleading. What you feel is adequate and what the authors think are adequate may not be the same. When injections were introduced, injections every few weeks were considered “adequate”. We now know that weekly injections are not adequate for many guys.

Adequate does not mean optimal. It means suboptimal.

Also note that literature from a drug manufacturer would never say inadequate, so the using that word has no meaning at all.

And the PDF does not address the issues of how changing T levels complicates AI control of E2. I do not consider any T delivery system that makes proper E2 control impossible an adequate option.[/quote]

I know injections are probably preferable but I want to see how these work out. I did injections, both sub and IM and never got good results; part of that is due to not one doc ever (ever!) prescribing me an anti-e.

The pellet experiment is my last go, too. 5 years is long enough. Some guys are just meant to have low T, I reckon.

[quote]fightu35 wrote:
hey guys…had 10 peletts put in 2 day…blood tests in 2 weeks…what should I expect… ?[/quote]

Lucky dog! I got 4 pellets and bloodwork Nov 20th.

10 should have a lot of T in your system but remember its what your body needs THAT DAY that determines everything. 10 might have been overkill but you won’t know until the tests.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
fightu35 wrote:
hey guys…had 10 peletts put in 2 day…blood tests in 2 weeks…what should I expect… ?

Lucky dog! I got 4 pellets and bloodwork Nov 20th.

10 should have a lot of T in your system but remember its what your body needs THAT DAY that determines everything. 10 might have been overkill but you won’t know until the tests.

[/quote]

well we see what happens…anything I should look for ? the doc said also 2 weeks blod work for test levels and estrogen.thanks for the replys…

[quote]fightu35 wrote:
well we see what happens…anything I should look for ? the doc said also 2 weeks blood work for test levels and estrogen.thanks for the replys…[/quote]

If you have a history of increased E with injections or other delivery systems, you would be better running an estimated dose for adex then let the first blood work refine the dose. Letting E2 run wild really does not provide much useful data from the lab work, other than you need to then start with an estimated dose then; requiring anther lab check to refine the dose. I suggest that you not stack injections on top of things at this point in time.

[quote]KSman wrote:
fightu35 wrote:
well we see what happens…anything I should look for ? the doc said also 2 weeks blood work for test levels and estrogen.thanks for the replys…

If you have a history of increased E with injections or other delivery systems, you would be better running an estimated dose for adex then let the first blood work refine the dose. Letting E2 run wild really does not provide much useful data from the lab work, other than you need to then start with an estimated dose then; requiring anther lab check to refine the dose. I suggest that you not stack injections on top of things at this point in time.[/quote]

thankyou sir…they put 10 pelets in…if I review ya post…thats plenty…lol
Im schedukled for blood work in 2 weeks…will keep you posted…1 ? by any chance a few hrs after I left the office ,I got realy sick !! mean anything ?