Got sick the 2nd time in a Month....

I need help. 2 weeks a go I had a Nasty Flu, that took me a full week to get over.

2 weeks later(Today) I have a Horrible Cold. I train 4 times a week. thursday, saturday, monday, tuesday.

I eat good food, and try to get alot of sleep.

I don’t get it, I do NOT want to get sick EVER again. But it keeps happening. It’s freezing up here, that probably contributes, and the fact that almost EVERYONE is this damn place is Sick.

Help

A few notes:

• Vitamin C. You can’t have enough.

• Water. Same.

• Wash your hands more often.

• Intense training tends to temporarily weaken the immune system. Consider dropping the frequency by half until you’ve recovered.

• I can’t speak for ‘lysoling’ down a room, but you may find breathing easier in areas with a small humidifier.

D. Indech

I sometimes get sick when I’m overtraining.

Also, take a multivitamin, but don’t go overboard. I see a lot of people taking like 600% of the RDA of vitamin C when sick - too much actually hurts the immune system.

Definitely the things already mentioned will be of big benefit. Look into your vitamin and mineral intake especially. There are many other things and remedies that can boost the immune system, I like to use a sauna and that seems to do an excellent job. At the first sign of symptoms hydrogen peroxide taken in the ear also works well and a while back there was a thread on here on people using baking soda to quickly kill a cold and even though it has no scientific evidence it seems to work for many.

The name of that thread was “Cure for the common cold?” Check it out.

Something else to keep in mind is your training environment. Looking back on it now, I don’t know why I didn’t realize how filthy the gym was that I used the first couple years of college. (My guess would be that a college guy’s definition of “filth” is entirely different than the average person’s.) On top of it not being a clean environment, you are breathing more deeply and are more taxed as a whole while in the environment. Add onto that the melting pot of people that accompany all gyms and university gyms especially, and it’s amazing that we don’t get sick more often.

Ok, I blieve I did Overtrain this past week.

However, I found out today I have a BACTERIAL infection. So im on anti biotics right now, I can barely type my fever is so high, body pain that is so unbelievable.

I feel like im dying, this is the worst I’ve ever been.

How can I Speed up Bacterial Infections? OMG, I just felt a sever chest pain right now, I don’t know how much more I can take of this.

AHHAHAHAHHA

You have a bacterial infection of what?

Last week I took some time off because of a cold, and NOW I have a sinus infection. It’s giving me just enough trouble so that I’m avoiding the gym for another week, arghh.