Got Scammed Today

[quote]Nards wrote:
It hurts to get taken, but I think your situation there doesn’t make you look like a complete sucker…could’ve happened to many people.

Though I’d be on the lookout for her around there or other parking lots.[/quote]

Yeah that’s exactly what my cousin suggested. There will be a chance she will be hustling the same area again. If I see her, I’ll remember to record audio and get a picture of her if possible.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
That sucks, man.

You seem like a great person. Nice, thoughtful, and smart.

After being scammed a few times myself, I figured out how to never be scammed again-- and I’ve helped people from ever being scammed again.

For $40, I can tell you, too.[/quote]
If you send me your bank information I will deposit the $40 to learn of this fantastic offer.[/quote]

I too would also like to deposit $60 for this great deal. Will you accompany me to the ATM while I take out the money for you while occurring a service charge at the same time?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Think tank fish wrote:
$30 is a small price to pay to believe in the decency of people…shame you cant get a refund.[/quote]

And she didn’t even offer a blowjay!

The NERVE!!![/quote]

She looked like a young MILF - except WITHOUT the ILF part…

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Eh, oh well don’t be mad ay her because you fell for one of the oldest scams ever lol

Its on you

If you were willing to put cash up you could have offered a ride to the airport…if she said no to a free ride then you would have know it was a set up

She saw an easy target
Worked you
Got over on you
Blame yourself[/quote]

Exactly - I actually did offer her a ride personally to the airport. She refused, asking for Cash - that should have triggered something in my head…

Only read the cliffnotes, excuse if I have missed something.

Why on earth would you hand a girl $40? You only have yourself to blame and need to look inwards to make sure nothing like this happens again. Common reasons for why a man would hand $40 to an unknown individual.

1. You have a good-guy badge proudly affixed to your chest. You helped her out, so as to feel like a good samaritan and give you a story so you could proudly proclaim to individuals how much of a great guy you really are. In fact, it is working even better for you. You are pointing out to the faceless world of the internet what a great deed you’ve done, in addition to looking for sympathy due to being conned.

2. You put the pussy on a pedestal. Would you have handed over $40 if it was a man? (Be honest with yourself.) Fuck no! Consciously or unconsciously you saw a bitch in need and tossed down the cash as a way in. It’s the same as sadcases in clubs throwing down drinks in the hope of a fuck. Women know very well the power they have over men and she used this to exploit you.

My belief is that it is a bit of column A and B. A lot of people are desperate for attention and affix the good-guy badge to get it and a vauge glance at your conversation write up shows a man who gives all power in conversation to a woman.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:
You were scammed, but don’t feel too bad about it. You lost 40$, but she’s so poor that the only thing she has is some money she needs to take from others.

[/quote]

This. I had almost $200 of groceries stolen from my truck before. They even left some electronics. I was mad but I figured they actually needed the food. Not that it is right by no means but it does help your anger. [/quote]

I actually meant “poor” as in, traits and values, not economically wise.
[/quote]

Sucks about the groceries part…and yes i agree about the POOR - traits, value, character part. What happened to the good old days? I’ve watched people’s purse, wallets, personal belongings before. What happened to the good nature of people?

Or maybe it’s always been like this…but i’ve been sheltered within the Canadian environment

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
I’m on expert on these social encounters. Allow me to help:

[quote]chuckaboo86 wrote:

So I was working out today - leg day. Had a nice workout and was walking out of the gym (located inside a mall) and this lady - probably around early 30s walked up to me.

[/quote]

Was she cute? Because if she’s not cute, be a New Yorker - no eye contact, keep walking, feign deafness.

Her: "Hello sorry to bother you

[/quote]

See point number one above. Do not even acknowledge her presence, unless she’s cute.

and I am REALLY embarassed to say but I locked my keys in car, with my purse, do you have CAA? I’ve tried to find help but there is no one around. (keep in mind that this happened today at 6pm during the DAY when people were still shopping at the mall next door)

[/quote]

This part is the simplest. Obviously you have never broken into a car. If she’s cute, or if you’re sympathetic, go to car, get keys out of car. Simple. And WTF is a CAA? Is that like the U.S. equivalent of AAA (road service)?

Her: "Oh I know this sounds weird and I feel so embarassed but do you have $30 bucks?

[/quote]

There are only two appropriate replies to this question. The first, even if she is cute is, "Do I look like your (insert: “Daddy”, “boyfriend”, “husband”). The second appropriate reply is “are you down to fuck? suck? b/c if you aint suckin, I don’t have $30”. For less than $30 you can see “vixens” on these very pages. And you don’t even have to try to help them break in their car. It’s free!

I have $30 on me and I need $60 to take a cab to the airport.

[/quote]

“Well, you’re halfway there my dear lady, good luck”.

My dad works at the airport and I need to go visit him to get the spare key.

[/quote]

“I guess your Dad will need to come here to help you.”

(she proceeds to show me her pockets of about $30 bucks). I don’t even have my purse or anything. I have 2 kids, one is 4 yrs and the other one 2 yrs."

[/quote]

“Don’t worry about your purse, we can stop at the Rx over there and I’ll buy a condom or two. Or, call your baby’s daddy(ies) to help you, unless of course you’re down to fuck. We can hop in the men’s room real quick okay?”

Cliff notes:

• if a woman asks you for money, she better be fucking cute and down to fuck
  • learn how to break into cars if you want to be a white knight
  • common sense - it’s not so “common”
  • learn the “new yorker” (I don’t see you and I can’t hear you and my feet are still moving…lalalalalalalala)
  • are you down to fuck?

[/quote]

Bodyguard - i’ve always enjoyed your posts and previous thread contributions. I look forward to the contination of life learnings from you.

as mentioned in my previous posts - she was NOT cute - regular MILF without the ILF…fuckkkk

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:
You were scammed, but don’t feel too bad about it. You lost 40$, but she’s so poor that the only thing she has is some money she needs to take from others.

[/quote]

This. I had almost $200 of groceries stolen from my truck before. They even left some electronics. I was mad but I figured they actually needed the food. Not that it is right by no means but it does help your anger. [/quote]

[/quote]

Sucks about the groceries part…and yes i agree about the POOR - traits, value, character part. What happened to the good old days? I’ve watched people’s purse, wallets, personal belongings before. What happened to the good nature of people?

Or maybe it’s always been like this…but i’ve been sheltered within the Canadian environment[/quote]

Keep it like that though. Never compromise, not even if the entire world is collapsing around you.

It reminds me a conversation I had a few years ago with classmates (all of them few years younger than me) about “finding a wallet”. I was the only one who’d contact the owner and give it back intact. I was even insulted, called a liar, etc. Go figure.

[quote]fizzyduck wrote:

Why on earth would you hand a girl $40? You only have yourself to blame and need to look inwards to make sure nothing like this happens again. Common reasons for why a man would hand $40 to an unknown individual.

1. You have a good-guy badge proudly affixed to your chest. You helped her out, so as to feel like a good samaritan and give you a story so you could proudly proclaim to individuals how much of a great guy you really are. In fact, it is working even better for you. You are pointing out to the faceless world of the internet what a great deed you’ve done, in addition to looking for sympathy due to being conned.

2. You put the pussy on a pedestal. Would you have handed over $40 if it was a man? (Be honest with yourself.) Fuck no! Consciously or unconsciously you saw a bitch in need and tossed down the cash as a way in. It’s the same as sadcases in clubs throwing down drinks in the hope of a fuck. Women know very well the power they have over men and she used this to exploit you.

My belief is that it is a bit of column A and B. A lot of people are desperate for attention and affix the good-guy badge to get it and a vauge glance at your conversation write up shows a man who gives all power in conversation to a woman.[/quote]

1. ACtually - it was a rant. But I was hoping for similar stories from other members - maybe i wouldn’t look like a total idiot. Not really to gain sympathy - cause I knew what I did was really stupid

2. I agree with you 100% on this. Only in this situation - she was NOT cute/ hot/ sexy/ etc…But you are right - i wouldn’t do the same for a man.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or maybe it’s always been like this…but i’ve been sheltered within the Canadian environment[/quote]

Keep it like that though. Never compromise, not even if the entire world is collapsing around you.

It reminds me a conversation I had a few years ago with classmates (all of them few years younger than me) about “finding a wallet”. I was the only one who’d contact the owner and give it back intact. I was even insulted, called a liar, etc. Go figure.

[/quote]

True say…

Reminds of a story - not really of another scam, but that good karma doesn’t really exist:

-A man is driving his van with his wife and small child on the highway one day

• the man sees a stalled vehicle on the shoulder
  • the man, being a good citizen, also stops on the shoulder of the highway to help the stalled car
  • minutes later, a car driving full speed, loses control and veers into the shoulder and into the van, killing the man’s wife and child instantly

I hate it when a scammer takes advantage of a person’s innate decency. The only way to never get scammed like this is to be a cold hearted and cynical bastard who doesn’t give a damn about anyone else.

The question is, are you prepared to be that person just to avoid being scammed?

[quote]moderatelyfatman wrote:
I hate it when a scammer takes advantage of a person’s innate decency. The only way to never get scammed like this is to be a cold hearted and cynical bastard who doesn’t give a damn about anyone else.

The question is, are you prepared to be that person just to avoid being scammed?[/quote]

I learned my lesson - I shall be the asshole on the street to random strangers. I will still care for my family, friends…but anyone else shall be my enemies. Unless of course you are wearing a T-Nation shirt - to that end we will exchange nods of respect.

[quote]moderatelyfatman wrote:

The question is, are you prepared to be that person just to avoid being scammed?[/quote]

I learned my lesson - I shall be the asshole on the street to random strangers. I will still care for my family, friends…but anyone else shall be my enemies. Unless of course you are wearing a T-Nation shirt - to that end we will exchange nods of respect.[/quote]

I wouldn’t recommend doing that. Maybe someone will really need help next time, but, just don’t hand out money unless it’s your idea.

About the van story…tragic. I’ve read of few people killed at highways while trying to help some other people.

Bodyguard - i’ve always enjoyed your posts and previous thread contributions. I look forward to the contination of life learnings from you.

as mentioned in my previous posts - she was NOT cute - regular MILF without the ILF…fuckkkk

[/quote]

Well alright then. Let me give you my serious insight.

You’re a good guy with a good heart. The world needs more of this. You obviously had the $$. So what you think you got “scammed”. You didn’t get “scammed”. You confirmed your humanity. She “scammed” herself b/c she cheated her humanity. She cheated that part of us that should keep us all safe and make us better. She put herself outside the “herd”. Her spoils are temporary, but your moral fiber is yours to keep assuming you do not let this change you.

Truth is, if I had the $$, and it seemed legit at first, I’d just give her the fucking money and keep it moving. There is nothing to report here. She is the “sucker”. You’re a good guy.

I hope there are plenty of people around to get “scammed” when one of my loved ones are in need. The gain you experienced demonstrating your humanity far exceeds the small monetary loss that will not even be missed by you.

End.

On the cute issue:

I was at the grocery store in line waiting with my basket of chicken breasts. The line was taking forever so I walked 5 feet over to the “Snapple Fridge” because I was thirsty. The woman walks up while I am watching my basket from “5 feet away” and simply walks in front of my basket and gets in line.

I walk back to my basket and say, “excuse me”.

She ignores me and keeps talking on her cell phone…you know, because cell phones make you oblivious to the world around you.

I say excuse me three more times getting louder each time on purpose. She finally turns around and with much attitude says, “what’s the problem?”. I say, “I was in line already”. She responds, “Well excuse me!”

WTF?

She wasn’t cute enough to get away with this. If anything, on a scale of “brag to friends” and “hide her”, she was creeping really close to bag-over-head territory.

What makes some people feel they can get away with shit like this?

…and further, how many people must there be out there who let them for them to keep trying?

[quote]fizzyduck wrote:

My belief is that it is a bit of column A and B. A lot of people are desperate for attention and affix the good-guy badge to get it and a vauge glance at your conversation write up shows a man who gives all power in conversation to a woman.[/quote]

I agree.

But he isn’t the first to act like he loses his brain next to ass.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
On the cute issue:

I was at the grocery store in line waiting with my basket of chicken breasts. The line was taking forever so I walked 5 feet over to the “Snapple Fridge” because I was thirsty. The woman walks up while I am watching my basket from “5 feet away” and simply walks in front of my basket and gets in line.

I walk back to my basket and say, “excuse me”.

She ignores me and keeps talking on her cell phone…you know, because cell phones make you oblivious to the world around you.

I say excuse me three more times getting louder each time on purpose. She finally turns around and with much attitude says, “what’s the problem?”. I say, “I was in line already”. She responds, “Well excuse me!”

WTF?

She wasn’t cute enough to get away with this. If anything, on a scale of “brag to friends” and “hide her”, she was creeping really close to bag-over-head territory.

What makes some people feel they can get away with shit like this?

…and further, how many people must there be out there who let them for them to keep trying?[/quote]

I swear to God the cell phone is the common denominator in most assholerly. It’s the number one electronic device I want to take from someone and beat them with.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with Edevus. $40 isn’t the end of the world. If it was that much money to you, you likely wouldn’t have given it. I don’t think it makes you an idiot, more of an optimist. I’m like that myself; kind of a pollyanna who believes most people. I’ve gotten burned once or twice but it beats the hell out of the alternative; being a suspicious cynic.

Maybe it’s because we’re Canadian. We’re all about the maple leaves and rainbows right?

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[/quote]

Well alright then. Let me give you my serious insight.

You’re a good guy with a good heart. The world needs more of this. You obviously had the $$. So what you think you got “scammed”. You didn’t get “scammed”. You confirmed your humanity. She “scammed” herself b/c she cheated her humanity. She cheated that part of us that should keep us all safe and make us better. She put herself outside the “herd”. Her spoils are temporary, but your moral fiber is yours to keep assuming you do not let this change you.

Truth is, if I had the $$, and it seemed legit at first, I’d just give her the fucking money and keep it moving. There is nothing to report here. She is the “sucker”. You’re a good guy.

I hope there are plenty of people around to get “scammed” when one of my loved ones are in need. The gain you experienced demonstrating your humanity far exceeds the small monetary loss that will not even be missed by you.

End.[/quote]

That was very well put. Those are my thoughts but were were a bit more articulate.

It’s less about what type of person she is but the type of person you wish yourself to be.

At least it was only 40 bucks lol thats what id take out of this, that and bitches b crazE