Got Results Back, Need Help

I just got some labs back i’m slightly confused, can someone help?

E2 - 28 pg/ml (11-44)

Total Test - 6.06 ng/ml so that is equal to 606 ng/dl (166-877) This looks ok to me,

Fee test - 13 pg/ml (8.7 - 40) This is what is worrying me.

Bit of back ground

Age 26
bf: approx 25%
Weight 245

Most fat is held around waist, upper things and buttocks.

male pattern baldness
Can grow a beard easily
Hair chest, legs, arms and abdomen. Back is practically hair less.

I also have difficulty losing fat and also gain weight very easily.

I know i should of got Lh/fsh done but im really strapped for cash at the moment and here in egypt you have to pay for everything.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Any one?

Based on KSman’s approximation of 22 as a target for E2 (which is 40% of the scale he based it on)
Your E2 # is a bit high.
Your E2 being 28 on 11-44, the target than being 40% of 44, ideal E2 on the 11-44 scale would be about 18.
Your E2 being elevated is probably causing higher amounts of SHBG, which in turn give you a low free test.

I have read accounts of people with elevated E2 and decent test like yours being able to up free and total test
and lower E2 with small amounts of an AI. I have also read accounts where it doesn’t work so well.

Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable members can chime in with a course of action for you.

^^^ thanks for the response, i will look into this more.

Good above. If you consider the differences in E2 VS 22 and TT=606 vs a TRT target closer to TT=1000, your ratio of E2:TT or E2:ft does not look as good as E2=28 might imply.

Given your weight, the aromatase in your fat is converting a lot of your T–>E2. If you lost weight, your E2 should drop, SHBG would drop, FT would increase, LH would increase and T would increase. That is the general relationship in normal males.

But you cannot loose weight. Yes, diet and activity need to be considered. However, a degree of hypothyroidism and/or iodine deficiency can cause weight problems and can often drive T levels down. And lower T levels can lower thyroid. In some cases, the two problems embrace each other.

You need to look at more than T levels. Read the advice for new guys sticky and take note of concerns other than testosterone. Thyroid problems can make weight loss very difficult. What are your other lab results? Serum glucose?

Your amount of body hair, and hair loss suggest that you could be a high testosterone type. For these guys, when they loose T levels and end up in the range where you are not, they are much worse off than guys who always had less T who had a good quality of life with those lower levels.

Your gear and cycles might not be helping. If you are using aromatizing gear and do not manage E2 levels, that will reduce your ability to loose fat when on cycle.

You posted this elsewhere:
Day 1: 246lbs.

Height 5’10
Aim after 28 days: Sub 220lbs.
Waist at naval: 45
U-arm flexed cold: 18
Upper thigh: 31
Calf: 18
Chest relaxed nipple: 46
Lower chest/upper abdomen - 39

[quote]KSman wrote:
Good above. If you consider the differences in E2 VS 22 and TT=606 vs a TRT target closer to TT=1000, your ratio of E2:TT or E2:ft does not look as good as E2=28 might imply.

Given your weight, the aromatase in your fat is converting a lot of your T–>E2. If you lost weight, your E2 should drop, SHBG would drop, FT would increase, LH would increase and T would increase. That is the general relationship in normal males.

But you cannot loose weight. Yes, diet and activity need to be considered. However, a degree of hypothyroidism and/or iodine deficiency can cause weight problems and can often drive T levels down. And lower T levels can lower thyroid. In some cases, the two problems embrace each other.

You need to look at more than T levels. Read the advice for new guys sticky and take note of concerns other than testosterone. Thyroid problems can make weight loss very difficult. What are your other lab results? Serum glucose?

Your amount of body hair, and hair loss suggest that you could be a high testosterone type. For these guys, when they loose T levels and end up in the range where you are not, they are much worse off than guys who always had less T who had a good quality of life with those lower levels.

Your gear and cycles might not be helping. If you are using aromatizing gear and do not manage E2 levels, that will reduce your ability to loose fat when on cycle.

You posted this elsewhere:
Day 1: 246lbs.

Height 5’10
Aim after 28 days: Sub 220lbs.
Waist at naval: 45
U-arm flexed cold: 18
Upper thigh: 31
Calf: 18
Chest relaxed nipple: 46
Lower chest/upper abdomen - 39
[/quote]

Wow thanks for the info, really helpful. I had my glucose tested a few months ago and i remember it being 4.2

Yeah i started dieting on sunday, i posted a thread about gear for potential future cycles but i haven’t started yet. I wanted to get my bf fat before going anywhere near the stuff to be honest, and it looks like i already aromatase a lot of the test o have so i don’t want to make that problem worse.

Would my first port of call to keep on dieting for now and try and shift some of the bf?

I’ll take a read of the new guy sticky as well.

Please post range for glucose=4.2 or convert.

^^^ interesting link, so urine iodine is worth checking then i guess, could explain a thyroid problem (if there is one)

But you may not find a urine iodine recommended ranges or optimal. So the results might be good for declaring a deficiency, but may not be of much value for iodine replenishment.

If your body temps are low and you supplement, you can stop the iodine replenishment after your body temps recover and switch to a maintenance dose. If your body temps do not recover, then there are other issues such as possible elevated rT3.

[quote]KSman wrote:
But you may not find a urine iodine recommended ranges or optimal. So the results might be good for declaring a deficiency, but may not be of much value for iodine replenishment.

If your body temps are low and you supplement, you can stop the iodine replenishment after your body temps recover and switch to a maintenance dose. If your body temps do not recover, then there are other issues such as possible elevated rT3.[/quote]

Thanks for the help, i’ll look into this. Guna try arimidex 1mg a week split up throughout the week and see how it goes from there.

So it’s been a while, finally got arimidex this week and started taking 0.25mg every other day to see how it goes. Took the second dose today, controlling cals and carbs and see what happens.

Eating whatever i want and not working out i usually site around 240-245. Was 245 this morning.

When i workout a lot and diet i can get down the low/mid 230’s so over the next month i’ll asses where i end up at.