Got Myself a Pistol

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jawara wrote:

At what point will the “rich” stop working because they refuse to pay these high taxes?
If they quit working and shut down how will that effect unemployment?\

Utter bullshit.

If RICH people quit working just so they don’t have to pay taxes, that makes them WORSE than the poor people who simply can’t pay much in taxes because they don’t make much to begin with.

If people quit pursuing goals because they need to pay taxes, that is about as Un-American as you can get.
[/quote]

It is utter BS because you think it should not be this way?

It is un-American not to want to work for someone else?

Is servitude American?

Wasn´t the whole war of independence a giant tax-revolt?

therover wrote:
jawara wrote:
If they quit working and shut down how will that effect unemployment?
How does unemployment effect the rate of crime?

According to your reasoning, you should have bought your gun months ago. Unemployment has been rising for months…not just since Mr. O became President less than 24 hours ago.

Great reason to buy a gun. Don’t shoot yourself.

Are there really people who think rich people will quit wanting to be even richer just because they pay taxes?

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

Wow. American educational system, thou hast befuddled me again.[/quote]

Hahaha. The rich will be devastated by an incredible FOUR PERCENT tax increase. FOUR! What will the rich do? They’re going to be ruuiiiiiined

[quote]jawara wrote:
I’m just just getting ready for some shit to go down. [/quote]

Civil War II?

[quote]orion wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jawara wrote:

At what point will the “rich” stop working because they refuse to pay these high taxes?

Utter bullshit.

If RICH people quit working just so they don’t have to pay taxes, that makes them WORSE than the poor people who simply can’t pay much in taxes because they don’t make much to begin with.

If people quit pursuing goals because they need to pay taxes, that is about as Un-American as you can get.

Is servitude American?

Wasn´t the whole war of independence a giant tax-revolt?[/quote]

I have BEEN working for either someone else or someTHING else for the last two presidential terms.

Not one of you yet has explained why this is suddenly a brand new set if ideals that Obama has put forth.

When the fuck have we NOT paid taxes?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
jawara wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Now I’m sorry I sold my AK several years ago.

I don’t think the economy is going to come to a screeching stop to this degree, at least right away, but severely limited private ownership of arms in the form of everything they can get away with is coming for certain. And quick.

Get em while you can.

I know the economy won’t stop right away. I’m just just getting ready for some shit to go down. I’m holding out for the Bushmaster ACR to come out but I am going to start stocking up on ammo. I already have a few 5.56 mags saved.

It might be time to step away take a few breaths and relax. What you’re looking for won’t happening.

[/quote]

When Mick28 is the nonpartisan voice of reason…

jawara wrote:

Utter bullshit.

[/quote]

It’s not that the rich will stop working, it’s that they will work less or pay themselves less if they’re on the margins of one of the tax brackets targeted for an increase. Also, they will spend less on goods and services produced by the middle class. There is a trickle-down effect, like it or not.

Further, those in the lower tax brackets want to view “getting rich” as something to aspire to, not as something that funds welfare malcontents and big government.

Like Orion said, our revolution was, at least partially, a tax revolt. The other rights enshrined in the first ten amendments were things that the UK government was violating at the time, and which the Dems plan on assaulting through “assault weapon bans” and the “Fairness doctrine.” Dear Leader has an abysmal 2nd amendment record, and is likely to support the Fairness Doctrine as well.

He’s also stated his intention to raise taxes on the rich, though he will quickly realize that that will raise insufficient funds for his lofty goals, such as the civilian defense force.

therover wrote:
jawara wrote:

According to your reasoning, you should have bought your gun months ago. Unemployment has been rising for months…not just since Mr. O became President less than 24 hours ago.

Are there really people who think rich people will quit wanting to be even richer just because they pay taxes?

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

Wow. American educational system, thou hast befuddled me again.[/quote]

What worries me is that these rich owners of corporations will simply pass on these tax increases to the average joe. And that those companies that cannot pass these increases on, will suffer fiscally and either lay off, relocate overseas, or go out of business.

Methinks that when we raise taxes on business in such a way, we will inadvertantly raise the price of goods in generall.

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Actually it was a lack of representation revolt. And last I checked the rich had as much representation as the poor and vice- versa. Surely you are not suggestion that certain classes of citizens deserve more representation than others?

I dont think that obama will ban guns, but i do think he will try to tax them to the point where the common joe on the street can no longer afford them. The real issue is what they will do with ammunition. After all americans already own tons of guns. Biden has already tried to ban all rifle ammunition. If I were trying to ensure things, I would be stocking up on loads and loads of ammunition.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Professor X wrote:
therover wrote:
jawara wrote:

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

Wow. American educational system, thou hast befuddled me again.

What worries me is that these rich owners of corporations will simply pass on these tax increases to the average joe. And that those companies that cannot pass these increases on, will suffer fiscally and either lay off, relocate overseas, or go out of business.

Methinks that when we raise taxes on business in such a way, we will inadvertantly raise the price of goods in generall.

[/quote]

Max wage laws.

orion wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jawara wrote:

Utter bullshit.

Is servitude American?

I have BEEN working for either someone else or someTHING else for the last two presidential terms.

Not one of you yet has explained why this is suddenly a brand new set if ideals that Obama has put forth.

When the fuck have we NOT paid taxes?[/quote]

No one said it was a new idea.

Well working for someone else obviously was meant differently, I meant that you get to keep the fruits of your work.

When the fuck did you not pay taxes?

As far as I know the US started out on tariffs, not taxes.

The income tax is pretty new, as is the fed with its fiat currency.

However the real question is what kind of taxes and for what purpose and when the answer is progressive income taxes for the purpose of wealth re-distribution that is just pure evil.

The underlying assumptions of such a scheme are the same that allowed for servitude and slavery and, even though those are relatively old concepts, they are morally wrong.

[quote]ComixGuy wrote:
orion wrote:

Actually it was a lack of representation revolt. And last I checked the rich had as much representation as the poor and vice- versa. Surely you are not suggestion that certain classes of citizens deserve more representation than others? [/quote]

Actually, I suggest that.

[quote]orion wrote:

No one said it was a new idea.[/quote]

No, but you did make a statement as if we are at risk of people quitting their jobs just so they can avoid taxes even though this has never happened before to any degree worth worrying about in recent history.

[quote]

Well working for someone else obviously was meant differently, I meant that you get to keep the fruits of your work.

The income tax is pretty new, as is the fed with its fiat currency.[/quote]

New as in, less than 300 years old? Uh, yeah, that’s like a newborne baby’s ass.

[quote]

However the real question is what kind of taxes and for what purpose and when the answer is progressive income taxes for the purpose of wealth re-distribution that is just pure evil.[/quote]

LOL. So, our economy has been evil for centuries?

Why the uproar now?

Then you should be against taxes on ALL levels, which means I am assuming you have raised the exact same concern when it comes to McCain and Bush and Clinton and Bush and Reagan, correct?

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Professor X wrote:
therover wrote:
jawara wrote:

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

Wow. American educational system, thou hast befuddled me again.

Max wage laws.[/quote]

Price controls, yippee.

If you hate the poor so much, why don´t you just do a drive-by.

[quote]New as in, less than 300 years old? Uh, yeah, that’s like a newborne baby’s ass.
[/quote]

Income taxes started around the time of the Civil War but weren’t amended into the Constitution until 1913.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
New as in, less than 300 years old? Uh, yeah, that’s like a newborne baby’s ass.

Income taxes started around the time of the Civil War but weren’t amended into the Constitution until 1913. [/quote]

If you all are now claiming that income taxes are criminal, where has the uproar been since the Civil War?

To my knowledge, Obama isn’t quite that old.

I heard none of this during the Bush admin.

orion wrote:

No one said it was a new idea.

No, but you did make a statement as if we are at risk of people quitting their jobs just so they can avoid taxes even though this has never happened before to any degree worth worrying about in recent history.

The income tax is pretty new, as is the fed with its fiat currency.

However the real question is what kind of taxes and for what purpose and when the answer is progressive income taxes for the purpose of wealth re-distribution that is just pure evil.

LOL. So, our economy has been evil for centuries?

Why the uproar now?

The underlying assumptions of such a scheme are the same that allowed for servitude and slavery and, even though those are relatively old concepts, they are morally wrong.

Then you should be against taxes on ALL levels, which means I am assuming you have raised the exact same concern when it comes to McCain and Bush and Clinton and Bush and Reagan, correct?[/quote]

The whole idea of an income tax and a Fed is less than 100 years old. Yup, that is relatively new and will very likely fail as a system.

Again, what taxes, for what purpose. Direct taxes, especially a progressive income tax is evil, no matter who does it, Bush, Clinton, I do not care.

Even though some people would disagree, I´d say that indirect taxes in order to finance the core functions of the state are justifiable.

How has the economy been evil for centuries? Consensual trade always leaves both sides better off, so it creates wealth instead of re-distributing.

Utter bullshit.

[/quote]

If they are poor - they get money they never paid. Stop acting like poor people pay a fucking thing. They don’t. And they will be even more richly rewarded for it in the future.