Got my Labs & Prescription, Questions

Please post your labs. Did you run LH? From the data here it appears you are borderline secondary?

Understand your options with hCG monotherapy vs TRT vs other before you just blindly follow any protocol.

hCG will keep your testicles functioning while you are taking exogenous T. I really struggle with using gonadorelin along with TRT as a replacement for hCG. See here:

A Gnrh receptor agonist is not a replacement for hCG in this application and you’ve got major negative feedback to the Pituitary working against you.

Not at all clear to me pituitary will respond to gnrh receptor agonist while being suppressed by E2 from continuous T aromatization with exogenous Testosterone ester.

You need to monitor your Hct while running TRT. If you are sensitive to androgens, you may need to limit your T levels vs the supraphysiologic protocols some follow.

Yes, you can. HCG can be added at any time to stimulate natural production and achieve whatever fertility you are capable of.

That buys you 3-4 weeks, maybe. Then what? Naringrin, grapefruit, and dose frequency are the ways to control hct. Bloodletting is very temporary.

Does the hCG also come into play if I experience and ED issues?

I feel like I should have paid more attention in school. This is like rocket science. It was lightyears easier for me to become a helicopter pilot then it is for me to wrap my head around all of this. At this point maybe I need to find a really good Dr to help. Should I immediately quit my protocol I am on at this point until I get a better understanding?

Do I need to get bloodwork done on a more regular schedule then someone without such a high hematocrit level?

Not of itself. Some guys have issues when their levels get out of balance, and it has a definite effect on some levels. Whether or not that causes you a problem I can’t say, you find that out the hard way.

What’s your protocol? Not sure what formative school you would have picked this all up :-).

Well in a past life I was a paramedic and a nursing student, so I’m sure somewhere I could have picked a little up.

My protocol was 1cc a week and to get labs again after 8 weeks. The dose is 200mg/cc. I was also told to dose the Anastrozole one pill a week at time of injection (we decided to skip those) and the Gonadorelin Acetate 50units 2x weekly (which I was going to hold off on until I can find HCG, currently all I can get is that European stuff…)

Thanks in advance. Still debating just calling it quits since I’ve only done two injections. I’m super worried now that I may cause more damage then good.

Sorry dude, you got involved in one of those T-mill protocols. Won’t get into all the gory details but if you wanted to continue TRT I would suggest 75-100 mg/week of testosterone cypionate once weekly injection. See where your levels at 6 weeks (trough TT level right before next injection). Do only the testosterone and one change at a time. You can always titrate up but minimum effective dose is good mantra.

You need to understand and decide your approach on shutting down the testicles. If you don’t want to shut them down, run the hCG. I notice atrophy after a few months without hCG. Doesn’t affect libido or cause ED. Running high level of of Test does create issues with ED for me.

READALOT: I’d prefer to NOT shut them down completely. I just started dating a new girl and the last thing I want to do is have to explain an ED issue that I never once had whatsoever. All I started this for was to help build some mass and size and because I was told a 400 FT level was a bit low for a 33 year old male.

I will run get that hCG brand I mentioned earlier and run that as well. is 50units 2x weekly a correct dosage?

Can I stick with my current T-mill as a source for my Cyp and just dose it at the protocol you suggest? I can easily just shoot .5cc a week to do the 100mg to start. Will it matter if I’ve already shot twice at 200mg?

Thanks in advance for all the help you guys have been willing to give and all the crap I’ve said that you’ve endured! I just don’t want to screw myself up.

I have never had ED and am 100% shutdown. Not making sperm or test with the boys doesn’t have anything to do with that when you are taking exogynous test.

1 Like

250 IU hCG 2x per week to keep the testicles going as @ncsugrad2002 shared with you. Otherwise, just the test injection. You need to find a good doctor you can trust. Testosterone isn’t a supplement, it’s a life long commitment. You need to think about all of this. If you stop now, you shouldn’t suffer too much of a shutdown. When you do this kind of stuff, make sure you have a plan and have all your materials.

As @hardartery shared, running testosterone alone at TRT levels (giving you TT levels in physiologic range) probably won’t give you any ED issues. Running very high levels may, it may not. This is person dependent.

Good luck with your decisions.

In case this helps:

1 Like

Of course when someone with real world hands on experience they have nothing to says

Ignorance is bliss.

You are bias and not even close to open minded when someone with real world experience speaks the truth.

You either miss or don’t read much of what I write on here. I have no other explanation for your last two posts in this thread.

In a good faith attempt to continue a constructive dialog, I’ll share more words. At some point you need to make room for the various responses guys will have on any protocol. Your “truth” vs my “truth” in terms of our experience on TRT/“hormone optimization” appears to be markedly different. If you mean I have a bias towards evidence-based medicine and the scientific method, then yes, call me guilty. The difference in our approaches is that I try to consider the guys (however small a percentage) that may be harmed from an extreme (some may say “reckless”) protocol. Remember, do no harm or at least advise that if a guy wants to go down the “supra” path he should understand the concept of informed consent.

I was one of those guys and even fully understood the risks (or thought I did). Please don’t diminish my personal experience (which is real world experience). My first rule is to make a good-faith attempt to ensure no one gets harmed by anything I share on here. Are you sure the advice you give on here does that? Try to think about this.

2 Likes

We are all equal on this forum. Everyone should be able to post their opinion and most of all their experiences.

If you don’t agree with something, then state what you think and that’s that.

I and hopefully many others do not come on this forum to get medical advice.

We come here for information and experiences that we can discuss with our REAL verified doctors. So I personally like to hear all.

Was able to get another clinic to just prescribe hCT so I am set there.

Congrats! Let’s hope you don’t get too much Hct with the TRT and hCG!

1 Like

I see I typed that wrong! I meant to prescribe hCG. Heres to hoping my hCT levels will stay below 50.

1 Like