Got Carried Away With Bulking

Well, Ive been working out for a while now as mentioned in previous posts. I started out rail thin couple years ago, gained some solid beginner muscle and thought I looked great and didnt really care about bulking too much. Well, now im a 24 year old high school teacher in a school where most of these damn kids are bigger than me, and thats pretty sad. So a few months ago I decided to “bulk.”

Well, I got carried away. I gained at least 12 lbs, and obviously its not all muscle. The positive is that I do look bigger and Im satisfied with my “size.” The negative, i lost the “abs” and developed a slight unsightly bulge. So basically, Ive put on some stubborn fat, and i feel like crap now.

Diet wise: Like I said I got carried away but I didnt BINGE. I never ate fried foods. My breads were all whole grain, etc, natty peanut butter, and i still managed to eat 4-6 times per day. The only thing different I did was I ate more cheese, and ate beef twice per day, and ate 5 REAL eggs every morning. So I wasnt exactly eating perfect or clean. My sugar cravings went up a little bit too and I would give in a little at family parties with the thought of, “oh well…im hitting the gym later anyway…” i know i know very stupid.

So, now i need your help. I want to maintain my 160lbs (5’7"), but I want to lose the fat. I dont care if I gain muscle weight obviously, but other then Clenbuterol, how do I burn this fat…fast? I know it seems like such a basic question but Ive never really had to burn excess fat before. Not like this at least haha.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, the training method Ive been using is Westside. Thanks.

[quote]49ersFan81 wrote:
Well, Ive been working out for a while now as mentioned in previous posts. I started out rail thin couple years ago, gained some solid beginner muscle and thought I looked great and didnt really care about bulking too much. Well, now im a 24 year old high school teacher in a school where most of these damn kids are bigger than me, and thats pretty sad. So a few months ago I decided to “bulk.”

Well, I got carried away. I gained at least 12 lbs, and obviously its not all muscle. The positive is that I do look bigger and Im satisfied with my “size.” The negative, i lost the “abs” and developed a slight unsightly bulge. So basically, Ive put on some stubborn fat, and i feel like crap now.

Diet wise: Like I said I got carried away but I didnt BINGE. I never ate fried foods. My breads were all whole grain, etc, natty peanut butter, and i still managed to eat 4-6 times per day. The only thing different I did was I ate more cheese, and ate beef twice per day, and ate 5 REAL eggs every morning. So I wasnt exactly eating perfect or clean. My sugar cravings went up a little bit too and I would give in a little at family parties with the thought of, “oh well…im hitting the gym later anyway…” i know i know very stupid.

So, now i need your help. I want to maintain my 160lbs (5’7"), but I want to lose the fat. I dont care if I gain muscle weight obviously, but other then Clenbuterol, how do I burn this fat…fast? I know it seems like such a basic question but Ive never really had to burn excess fat before. Not like this at least haha.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, the training method Ive been using is Westside. Thanks. [/quote]

You did not get carried away if you only put on 12 pounds. If you want to keep your muscle I recommend taking your time. I put on 30 pounds (yes, some fat) as part of my bulk and now I am taking it off about a pound a week at time. I don’t want to be in a rush and lose some of the muscle and strength I worked so hard to get. I have taken 15 pounds off so far and I am still getting stronger. I have tried to rush this before and it hasn’t worked for me.

Note: I will never put on as much weight as I didn’t this time again but it was a good experiment.

Aim for a pound per week, -500 calories per day. More then that might result in burning muscles for energy.