Got Blood Tests. Please Help

Hello again.
As promised, I redid my tests, this time in a more thorough manner.
I will utilize the opening post template, which I failed to notice in my first post, so here goes.
-Age - 21
-Height - 5.8 feet
-Waist - 32 inches
-Weight -158 lbs.
-describe body and facial hair - medium to high density beard; small hairless patch on chin; other than that good overall coverage. Normal to light heary legs and arms. Hair on lower legs, in the calves region has started to shed and suffer the last few years. I’m guessing it’s folliculitis since the hair follicles there are red and sometimes become infected. But this has yet to be officially diagnosed. Some light hair on chest and shoulders.
-describe where you carry fat and how changed - I carry fat mostly on my lower abs, obliques region, and quads. However, I have pretty low body fat in the shoulder and back region even when heavily bulking.
-health conditions, symptoms [history] - I’ve mentioned them bellow, in my original post.
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever - none
-lab results with ranges

The new lab test are as follows:
FT4 -1.21 ng/dL → ref - 0.89 - 1.76
Estradiol -38.7 pg/mL → ref - 0 - 56
FSH - 8.20 mIU/mL → ref 0.7 - 11.1
ACTH - 28.4 pg/ml → ref - 0 - 46
LH - 4.53 mIU/mL - >ref - 0.8 - 7.6
Prolactin - 13.9 ng/mL → ref - 2.5 - 17
TSH - 2.66 uIU/mL → ref - 0.4 - 4
IGF1 - 198 ng/ml → ref - 116 - 358
DHEAS - 275.4 µg/dl → ref - 211 - 492
SHBG - 11.17 → ref - 14.4 - 48 nmol/L (Why is this low?)
Glucose - 85 mg/dL → ref - 70 - 105
Urea - 42 mg/dl → ref - 19 - 45
Creatinine - 0.9 mg/dL → ref - 0.72 - 1.25 mg/dL
ALT - 22 U/L → ref - 5 - 55
AST - 32 U/L → ref - 5- 34
GGT - 27 U/L → ref - 12 - 64
ALP - 121 → ref - 40 - 150
Serum total protein - 76 G/L → ref - 64 - 83
Cholesterol - 180 mg/dL → ref - 120 - 200
Triglycerides - 107 MG/DL → ref - 35 - 150
HDL-Cholesterol - 47 MG/DL → ref - 40 - 75
Ca total - 9.27 mg/dl → ref - 8.40 - 10.20
Mg - 2.21 mg/dl → ref - 1.60 - 2.60
Phosphor - 4.1 mg/dl → ref - 2.3 - 4.7
LDL-Cholesterol - 112 mg/dl → ref - 50 - 130

I also did a thyroid ultrasound which was normal.
Unfortunately, doctor’s assistant forgot to mention TESTOSTERONE somehow. Either that or they considered that since the original test was ‘pretty good’, there’s no need for retesting.
Endocrinologist told me that an MRI is unnecessary at this point, considering the risk of interference with my metal plate, and the fact that prolactin is within normal ranges. Thinking that the 1’st test (which was done at a private lab) was a fluke.

-describe diet - high protein, high fat, high calories, since I’m bulking at around 3100 calories per day.
-describe training - 5x5 with some assistance work, 4 times a week, very intense
-testes ache, ever, with a fever? - never
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed - meh… some days morning starts great; even with sexual dreams during the night; others there’s no morning wood at all. Mostly no morning wood days than with. 1-2 good days like that per week, on average.

Lastly, I would like to say that I’m happy my lab work is within range and there are no health anomalies. However my quality of life is not optimal. Especially libido and erections and the alpha controlled aggressiveness I once had.
I decided to go with the supplement route since my labs are within reach of getting optimal numbers. And decided to go with the Activate Xtreme and Triazole stack from DS. I’ll also throw in some I3C and ALCAR for good measure. I will start this stack tomorrow.

-Original post-
Hello!

I apologize in advance if my post is in the wrong thread. I am new to the forum and a bit worried as you will see.
I 'm 21 and I 've been lifting for about a year and a half.
Close to my beginning in this sport I started to notice a few symptoms associated with low testosterone. After about 2-3 months it started affecting my quality of life a bit. It wasn 't something extreme or worrying, but present nonetheless.

My libido, sleeping, energy and aggression weren’t like they used to be in my teens. And certainly not sufficient for a 21 year old. I took a blood test which ONLY TESTED FOR TESTOSTERONE and no other hormones. It came out pretty much as what I expected it to be, based on how I felt. Around 3.9 ng/ml.

Thus I decided to try some test boosting supplements. So I tried some tribullus, after a while some zma, longjack, horny goat weed, alcar; some worked better than others over time. Basically I 've been on and off for the past year or so on test boosting supplements.
A few months ago, in May, I decided to redo my blood work but this time in a proper manner

The results were a bit surprising and worrying.
Free testosterone at 22.84 pg/ml (ref. 4.5-42 pg/ml)
FSH at 10.8 (ref. 1-14 mIU/mL)
LH at 2.6 (ref. 0.7 - 7.4)
Estradiol at 70.8 (ref <60pg/mL)
Progesterone at 6.2 (ref. 0.5 - 5.2 nmol/l)
Prolactin at 33.4- this one really worried me - ( ref 1.8 �??�??�??�?�¢?? 17.0 ng/mL)
Testosterone at 8.6 ( ref. 1.8-9.0 ng/mL)

OK. So basically my free test and test are pretty good, from what I started with; I guess due to the supplements, hard training and well balanced hyper-caloric diet. However, my estradiol, progesterone, and especially prolactin are through the roof! This worries me deeply. I have no clue as to what my base numbers for these hormones were, because I never tested them. So I don 't know whether the test boosting supplements caused this or I just naturally have them this elevated.

I never took steroids or prohormones, and lived a pretty active life. So I 'm guessing that my hormones weren 't naturally off the charts like this. Also, I read numerous posts about people that didn 't have nearly as high hormones as I did, but got gyno. How is it possible that I have such high levels and do not have any signs of gyno?

Also I must mention that about a week before the blood test I stopped taking Maca and Mucuna with L-dopa. Could this have caused this problem?
I do apologize for the long first post, but I know these forums are filled with some very knowledgeable people and I seek your help in this very unsettling matter for me.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

You need an MRI bud you may have a prolactinoma

You also need liver labs ast, alt plus alot more, read the lab testing stick

Read the thyroid basics sticky also as alot of symptoms of low t can be shared with thyroid symptoms an prolactin could be raised by thyroid problems although I doubt this is the case.

Your really need the MRI and maybe some caber

Where do you live? You have some odd reference ranges for the labs.

Many things can cause prolactin levels to be elevated. You can find a few here:

If you can rule these reasons out, then I would push for a brain MRI. Eventually, a pituitary tumor will grow and cause a host of problems and eventually lead to the need for TRT. What time was the test done in relation to when you woke up? Prolactin in highest after waking, so if the test was done a few hours after waking, your prolactin levels are probably even higher than that.

To put you at ease, prolactinomas are highly manageable. You take a half of a tiny pill (cabergoline) twice a week, and it has a very high success rate. I wouldn’t take cabergoline until you have confirmed a prolactinoma or not.

We need more information about you. Edit your first post with more information in accordance with the “advice for new guys” sticky at the top of the forum.

Iw84aces - I have been suggested an MRI by an endocrinologist. The problem is, I don’t think I can take one. I have a huge metal plate in my leg. I think I’m not allowed to take MRI’s considering this. Is there another way to test for prolactinoma?
Regarding the thyroid, I also doubt this is the case. As all my life I was naturally skinny. I’ve been bulking for a year and struggle to gain weight on a pretty big calorie surplus. However I’ve made some decent muscle gains despite this.

Kaynon311 - I live in Eastern Europe.
The test was done about 1 hour after I woke up.
I read the page you provided me with. I must inform you that I have had a very rough medical history. I won’t go into very great detail, but I had lung cancer a few years ago. Surgery, chemo, and radiotherapy. I’m fully healed now but remain with some after-effects due to the aggressive treatments. I have mild lung fibrosis, liver hemangiomas and mild gastritis. My respiratory system is pretty susceptible to colds, and if I do get them, they last a long time. Other than that my heart, kidneys, spleen, and pretty much everything works fine, as I do a yearly checkup.
I was told that some of the agents I was administered for chemotherapy (Melphalan & Busulfan) often cause infertility, so I guess maybe this is why I was having low T symptoms. I must mention that it has been more than 7 years since treatment has stopped and everything is well, except these minor inconveniences.

You can’t rule out the thyroid or the adrenals without testing.

I’m happy you have beat the big C

Now that you have said that I would be testing all three glands fully…

Alright then. I momentarily have a cold. As soon as I’m done with it, I will restart my training and diet, drop all supplements especially the hormonal ones, and redo the blood tests plus liver, adrenal and thyroid ones, according to the lab testing stick.

I will come back with further results.

I’ve beaten it twice iw84aces. I’m happy I have a peaceful normal life now. Maybe we will talk in further detail sometime. Thanks for the support, and I’ll come back in the following days/weeks.

Maybe they can test the head only and not put the leg in the machine???

I’m sure this must be possible…

*bump

You have a subclinical thyroid problem…

Consider seeing going to a wellness centre :slight_smile:

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
You have a subclinical thyroid problem…

Consider seeing going to a wellness centre :slight_smile:

[/quote]

How would one treat such a problem or prevent it from getting worse? I don’t have acces to such facilities in the region I reside. Would supplementing with iodine help in my situation?

There is a sticky that discusses thyroid basics.

A trial of cabergoline would lower prolactin. Then you could see if mood and hormones changed.

Higher FSH may be indicating some reduced testicular function. But can possibly also indicate testicular cancer. When a guy starts TRT and FSH does not get near zero, that sets off alarms.

Iodine would be expected to be helpful if you were deficient. See that sticky, evaluate your history of iodine intake from iodized salt and check body temperatures.

U need someone to help you dose iodine… Do not start at 50 mg and research this subject thoroughly and make informed decisions…

Iodine can be dangerous so became full if that’s the road you take…

Your liver needs a little help too

Suggest: St. John’s wort and some milk thistle from the seeds

Get a really good probiotic… Flora 12 is excellent…

Start eating whole foods and get rid of the hormone and antibiotic filled meats…

You don’t have any homeopaths or naturopaths in your area??

Hey guys, thank you for your replys!

KSman - How would I acquire cabergoline, since the doctor won’t prescribe any, because I’m in “normal” ranges?
I have ordere some P5P online. I heard it’s pretty efficient at lowering prolactin. What’s your take on it?
I don’t know if this is relevant or not, but a few years ago I went to the oncologist that’s following my checkups, and he measured my testes. They were 15 ml in size, which to me sounds pretty small for a healthy young man.
Body temperatures for me are almost in the values you provide to be normal in that sticky. Very, very close.

iw84aces - I currently take a probiotic with acidophilus & bifidus from NOW. I also take milk thistle and a supplement called Liv52 for the liver.
There are homeopaths, but honestly I don’t believe in homeopathy. Naturopaths… none that I know of.