Got a Goal

Hey brothers!

So I have a goal and all i need are the means. I’m 19, 140lbs and ~10% BF. My goal is 10-15 lbs LBM in about 4 months and then diet to 10%BF or less in a month. I have a workout plan which I’ll post after this but i need help with the bulking diet. Any helps appreciated… even names of member that i could e-mail for help!

Starke und Ehre
~B-Bomb

Day One: Legs
Warm up 5 minutes on treadmill/bike
Squats: 1 warm up set to 12, 3 working sets pyramid 12-8
Ham Curls: 4 sets to 12
Leg Extensions: 4 sets to 12
Seated Calf Raises: 2 sets to 15 really heavy, 2 sets to failure

Day Two: Rest

Day Three: Chest, Front/Side Delts
Incline Dumbbell Press: 1 warm up set to 12, 3 working sets pyramid 12-8
Flat Dumbbell Press: 4 sets pyramid 12-6
Incilne Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets 12-6

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 1 warm up set to 12, 3 working sets 12-8
Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4 sets to 12

Day Four: Rest

Day Five: Back, Rear Delts
Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 4 sets until failure
Deadlifts: 1 warm up set to 12, 3 sets pyramid 12-8
Machine Seated Wide Grip Rows: 1 warm up set to 10, 3 sets pyramid 12-8
Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets pyramid 12-8

Seated Bent Over Laterals: 5 sets to 12

Day Six: Rest

Arms
Barbell Curl - 1 warm up set to 12, 3 sets pyramid 12-8
Seated incline dumbbell curl - 1 warm up set to 12, 3 sets pyramid 12-8
Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 1 warm up set to 12, 3 sets pyramid 12-8

Dips (no leaning forward) 4 sets pyramid 12-6
EZ Curl french press - 1 warm up set to 12, 3 sets pyramid 12-8
Cable pulldowns - 4 sets to 12

i’m not sure what your long term goals are, but i think that if your around 10% body fat now you should probably bulk for a longer period of time and not worry so much about being at 10% bodyfat. If you do a clean bulk you could probably go for a long time before having to cut, in which time you could gain more then just 10 to 15 pounds.

Are you a newbie? How long have you been lifting?

What is your current diet like, and how are you thinking of ramping up for your bulking phase?

If you’re relatively new to the game, and you haven’t been eating a lot, you could gain 10 to 15 pounds of muscle in 4 months without too many problems. If not, it’s still possible, but as you’ll want to ramp the calories slowly (to avoid yo-yo’ing), more than 4 months might be desirable.

Well actually brothers the reason I say 4 months for bulking and a month for cutting cause I’m headed to australia in 5 months and wanna look my best yah know…

I’m not a newbie… I’ve been swimming and lifting for about 8 years. My diet is light on carbs and about 1g of protein per 1lb of body mass. It’s my off season for swimming so its not too strict…

Thanks Brothers!
Starke und Ehre
~B-Bomb

no one else? ok… well how about my plan for eating?! ok here we go.

7:00am
6oz Egg Whites
2 Pieces of Whole Wheat(W-W) Toast
1 Banana

10:00am
6oz Lean Ground Beef
2/3s Cup of Oatmeal

1:00pm
Protein Shake
Cup of Brown Rice

4:00pm
7oz Chicken Breast(skinless, boneless)
Cup of W-W Pasta

6:00pm
4oz Steak (lean sirloin)
Cup of Brown Rice

7:00pm
6oz Lean Ground Beef
Cup of W-W Pasta

10:00pm
Protein Shake
1 Banana

~301g of protein
~262g of carbs

so am i even close to having a good diet plan?

Thanks Brothers!
Starke und Ehre
~B-Bomb

Ah - your diet looks ok - but why not add some vegetables and cut down on the meat a bit?

You said 1g protein per pound of body weight but you’ve got almost double that - am I missing something?

I’m no expert so I won’t comment on the training.

YES! I have tried everything. No, no joke I’m 19 @ 110 with 6.3%BF and I can’t gain anymore weight. Damn it I’ve tried! I’m almost tempted to go the route of steroids, but I’m in the military so thats out the window unless I chance it. Anyone have a product suggestion or any suggestions at all?

EAT!

A friend of mine is 24 and wears size 28 jeans - he shops for them in the kids section! He wants to put on weight but when I say he’s not eating enough his reaction is “oh well - I’ll be like this forever because I don’t have time”.

If you want to gain weight you have to commit - the same goes for losing weight. Don’t even consider steroids when it sounds like you don’t know the first thing about nutrition…

140lbs at what height?

i’m 140lbs at 5’8’’

and yeah i changed the eating around a bit im gunna hit up a protein shake and 6oz potato post workout (6:00pm).

and michle if your 110 and 6.3% i suggest getting up early and eating and staying up late… and eating. i know some bodybuilders and these bodys eat 10 times a day… no joke. and 4 of the meals are like… a 10oz steak and 2 cups of whole wheat pasta. so michle… bottom line for size these boys are right… EAT!