Got a Bleeder! The Right Gauge?

Using 18 guage 1 1/2 for glute shots, and its the first time Ive used anything bigger than a 20. Well they have felt fine and the stuff goes in easy, but today when I pulled out the pin, I bled like a stuck pig, in fact before I got a hold of my alcohol wipe to put on my injection site, blood had started to accumulate on the floor…

Is 18 guage maybe too big? Causes too much trauma and/or scar tissue?

eeeeek.

I’m not a doctor so I have no place to tell you if it is too big or not. That said, I have to ask why you’re using them in the first place as I’m sure you’re aware they’re much larger than what is usually used when injecting.

Its what the pharmacy sent me when they sent me my “prescriptions”

18 gauge is WAY WAY too big. Get some 23 gauge at the very largest. I shoot nothing but 25’s.

No wonder you have gushers.

18 guage is a harpoon!

I can’t believe they sent you 18 gauge needles, ouch! 25 gauge is best in my opinion. The only problem you might have is drawing out oil based solutions with a 25. If that happens you can use the 18’s to suck up the oil, switch tips to 25 to inject.

[quote]Hillside77 wrote:
I can’t believe they sent you 18 gauge needles, ouch! 25 gauge is best in my opinion. The only problem you might have is drawing out oil based solutions with a 25. If that happens you can use the 18’s to suck up the oil, switch tips to 25 to inject. [/quote]

exactly, very easy solution to your problem. Now think if you hit a nerve with that sucker…eeek!

18…might as well just pull out the Cordless Black and Decker…I use 25’s for everything…just warm the oil a little to make it easier to draw…

And for the 24th time “DAAAAMMMNNN!!!” I only use 25 gauge 1" for everything. I don’t do ass shots, I had one a few years ago that left me in pain for weeks so I don’t do it. I would rather inject 1.5cc in two places than 3cc in my ass at once any day of the week.

This will become your new best friend: www.siteinjections.com

OK, I admit, my first injectible cycle was Sustenon pre-loads from TJ! They came with 18g needles… It’s basically like sticking a dart at the bar in your ass! Internet wasn’t around back then (‘94) so it was basically trial and error, but common sense grabbed hold of me, and “Kaboom!” I can switch the friggin’ needle! Now, i use 22g 1 1/2 inch to the glutes, but that’s only because I can’t look at the needle sliding in, so i reach around, push it thru the skin, and i’m sure it’s in the muscle by the length, and the size lets me push the plunger quickly. You newbies are friggin’ lucky to have this site as a resource (pussies)!

I prefer 23G 1.5" and in the glutes myself. 25G 1" does work well in the upper body and the outer thigh too. I find 23G is the perfect blend of zero pain and somewhat speedy delivery