Got 700 On The Radar, Don't Give a F#*% About A Hater

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

Nikki-I hope you stay. Please don’t be driven away. A lot of us like reading your workouts and your input too.[/quote]

x2 You have so much enthusiasm for your training. Don’t let this kill your joy, or make you leave Tnation. Keep goin’ little mama.

Bear, BG, and I agree, but I’m not in here fighting battles for them. I just called bullshit because Nikki and her circlejerk had reached an irritatingly feverish climax. You’re in here defending Nikki and begging her to stay, what’s that say about you?

And if she said she was still benching to 3" off of her chest, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but she specifically said she was touching when the only thing that changed was the angle she took videos from.

I’m very pro accountability/callouts/criticism as well as tight legit form on lifts (as much as possible), but I think you should treat someone’s log like their room or house, with some additional respect compared to when they’re ‘outside’.

If you want to bust someone’s chops over form or whatever and there’s nowhere to interact outside their log it should be done through PMs imo and not with subtle or not so subtle remarks in a person’s log. There’s obviously alot of negative emotion where there shouldn’t be connected to the “constructive criticism” if it turned into this clusterfuck I’m reading.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Let Nikki fight her own battle.[/quote]

Nikki shouldn’t be left to defend herself against your attack. The powerful women compound is kinda like that, we try and look out for each others backs. You are a visitor here, and you are clearly unwelcome.

I think most of us do appreciate constructive criticism. To the best of my knowledge constructive criticism is constructive, however. It aims to build someone up, to help them improve without trying to tear them down. Calling someone a liar isn’t constructive.

You might have some theory about how you need to kick someone down into the mud in order to make them see the light…

But that isn’t the way things are done in here.

At least I didn’t think that was the way things were done in here…

Go be a bully somewhere else.

So… damn. I didn’t know this kind of shit went down in PW, but to be honest, it is T-Nation at its finest. God I love the internet.

yeah, I know I didn’t contribute shit to this thread. :slight_smile:

I don’t actually know how the compound works but I thought that at least part of the idea was for it to be a bit safer from attack and criticism than other parts of the site. A bit of extra moderation or something.

I think that Nikki deserves a place to log that is free from attack and criticism. That while constructive criticism is generally welcomed constructive criticism needs to be constructive and people should back the fuck off when asked.

I’d be really angry if Nikki chose not to log here because of people calling her a liar and crapping all over her training.

While I know that I’m not likely to get such a response given the numbers I’m putting up I’d rethink logging here if it were deemed acceptable to call someone a liar and crap all over their training.

Hell, I put off logging here for so long largely because of the response I got here:

not troll :frowning:

some of the responses were helpful. others… i really did think that this site was not for me. took a while before i got the courage to come back.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

There’s a post of mine on page 7 of this log that you may have missed, bc it took more than half a day to show up. It’s really long and I don’t want to retype or summarize it.

the video is aimed at me. ME. I sucked at lifts, and didn’t know it until i posted video. if you look at the dates, those lifts of mine are from 2+ years ago. Since then, I’ve gotten help, and that’s why I’ve accomplished so much.

I think you wouldn’t be angry if you’d read the rest of my posts. you’re taking the video entirely out of context… im pointing out how awful I was, that i got help, and now i’m less awful. thats. all. [/quote]

Then why post it here?

I’m disappointed.

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

There’s a post of mine on page 7 of this log that you may have missed, bc it took more than half a day to show up. It’s really long and I don’t want to retype or summarize it.

the video is aimed at me. ME. I sucked at lifts, and didn’t know it until i posted video. if you look at the dates, those lifts of mine are from 2+ years ago. Since then, I’ve gotten help, and that’s why I’ve accomplished so much.

I think you wouldn’t be angry if you’d read the rest of my posts. you’re taking the video entirely out of context… im pointing out how awful I was, that i got help, and now i’m less awful. thats. all. [/quote]

Then why post it here? [/quote]

I’ve already explained it, and told you that it’s on page 7. If you don’t want to go read it I’m not going to retype it.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
RE: Constructive criticism.

IMO, the MEANEST thing you can do for someone who wants to get better is blow smoke up their ass and not tell them where and why they suck.

Every serious (non-commercial gym) training environment that I’ve ever been a part of has been like that. You better have thick skin and open ears, or you’re not going to get better and people are going to stop wasting their time trying to help you.

I ride Buckeye hard in the gym because I want her to get better. She gets pissed sometimes when I tell her to change something, but she gets better, and she knows I’m not doing it to be mean. Bear will tell you that Jason does the same to her.

Go check out the BOI subforum sometime. Generally speaking, the guys in there don’t mince words (I know I don’t) if someone is sucking it up or half assing something. For a group comprised almost entirely of 19-25 year old dudes with high testosterone and everything that comes with that, you rarely, if ever, see anyone taking criticism personally. I made a post a while back telling another guy that he was being a goddamned retard, and he thanked me. If you want to get better, you listen to outside views. If you want to pretend you’re already better than everyone, you stick with your own little personal groupthink and don’t.[/quote]

I’m going to agree with this; particularly the first part about blowing smoke. We have a lifter who was never treated very seriously and would be told in the warm up room that his squats were good only to bomb. My guy took it upon himself to let the other guy know he was high and what he should do to fix it.

I get pissed off and annoyed as crap when BB picks apart my form and doesn’t tell me I’m god’s gift to powerlifting. .[/quote]

Too bad it’s not what is going on here.

Unless you consider lame hints in another thread that Nikki isn’t even reading about fake numbers and accusations of lying constructive criticism.
[/quote]

Maybe not. I don’t know. I skimmed a lot of it because it was too many words. However, this point about blowing smoke jumped out and struck a note with me because it’s something we’ve discussed recently. I’m also unreasonably thin skinned and take things the wrong way quite frequently and have learned to toughen up at least a bit in regards to my lifting.

Heh Alexus, glad my reply was one of the sensible ones. See, I’m not an arsehole. Usually.

Re: the rest, I don’t read every post of every thread - life is too short - so any drama that went on elsewhere largely escaped my notice. So Nikki, sorry if my posts came across as heavy handed. When shit like this happens, is never one-sided, but I can see why you got frustrated. My main concern is that with the amount of volume you do, the amount you lift and the not so perfect form, you’re going to get injured.

I speak from bitter experience because, in my early 20s, I was incredibly keen, incredibly ignorant, did a lot of crazy workouts designed for big, roided-up males (there was no internet back then so I relied on Flex and Musclemag for info) and paid little attention to form. I tried to lift as much as I could every single time I tried. And now I have so many fucked up bodyparts that I spend most of my gym time doing rehab. I just don’t want that to be you, 20 years down the line, because it fucking sucks. All the best, whatever you choose to do.

To those unhappy that someone called a poster out in her log instead of via PM: Bear had posted multiple “warning shots” about claiming bullshit lifts long before this came up. Nikki claims that she hasn’t read Bear’s log in months so she wouldn’t know about these. Lets assume that this is one of the few things isn’t lying about. She still knew about the warnings because some of her minions PMed her about the warnings.

She brought this up in her last log. Funny that you’re suggesting that we are being disrespectful when this whole thing started because Nikki launched a personal attack on Bear simply for saying… “Oh im excited to see these! you taped em, right?”

To those who view Stronghold is an unwelcome visitor posting in PW: Stronghold has been posting in PW for longer than most of you have been a member on the site. He started coming over here when I kept my first log here (which, btw was started before the PW subforum even existed). So get the fuck over it. Perhaps YOU GUYS should show a little more respect to a long time poster that clearly knows his shit and has helped many others over the years. See. It works both ways.

I’ve read every word. That you and SH have been here since the inception of TN doesn’t give you any more credibility, respect, or deference in my book.

You did nothing wrong. I get it. Everyone does. I’m sure you have your supporters. I’m not one of them. You can keep trying, but in my opinion, you can’t polish the turd that you left in this log. And the effect that it had. You got a young lifter to quit posting. And you did that because you want to red light her based on a video. And your not sorry. For the name calling. For calling her a liar. For your role in this at all. Your tone and conduct is beyond reproach.

Now, the only reason I’m still engaged is that I want you out of Nikki’s log. You’re not welcome here. I would like her to feel comfortable posting again, and she won’t with you and SH still here, still defiant.

Why don’t you start another thread. You can defend yourself there.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Bear, BG, and I agree, but I’m not in here fighting battles for them. I just called bullshit because Nikki and her circlejerk had reached an irritatingly feverish climax. You’re in here defending Nikki and begging her to stay, what’s that say about you?

And if she said she was still benching to 3" off of her chest, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but she specifically said she was touching when the only thing that changed was the angle she took videos from.[/quote]

What does it say about me? Maybe that I just like her input and like reading her progress. I like how you try to turn my concern over her into an attack on my character though, very mature.

Fuck it. I’m out of this for now. Nikki, stay around.

[quote]Nadia Comeandeat wrote:
I’ve read every word. That you and SH have been here since the inception of TN doesn’t give you any more credibility, respect, or deference in my book.

You did nothing wrong. I get it. Everyone does. I’m sure you have your supporters. I’m not one of them. You can keep trying, but in my opinion, you can’t polish the turd that you left in this log. And the effect that it had. You got a young lifter to quit posting. And you did that because you want to red light her based on a video. And your not sorry. For the name calling. For calling her a liar. For your role in this at all. Your tone and conduct is beyond reproach.

Now, the only reason I’m still engaged is that I want you out of Nikki’s log. You’re not welcome here. I would like her to feel comfortable posting again, and she won’t with you and SH still here, still defiant.

Why don’t you start another thread. You can defend yourself there. [/quote]

You keep giving me things to respond to in here, and I just might keep coming back.

Get of your fucking high horse. I’m not trying to get anyone to support me. I don’t need the reassurance and affirmation from nameless faceless posters on the internet to know that I’m right. I know that I’m right. Period.

If you guys aren’t happy with your training logs being open to comments and criticism from anyone that has an account on the site, perhaps you should ask the Admins to create a special group for you like the BOI. It could be called The Sisterhood of Sandy Vaginas. You can add only the members that you like and that way you’ll have a place to spew rainbows and sunshine and blow smoke up one another’s asses. You can talk about how cute your gym clothes are and tell everyone that they did a good job even when they didn’t. Everyone will get a trophy in the SSV. Because trying your best and being a nice person is what really counts in the gym.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

[quote]Nadia Comeandeat wrote:

Why don’t you start another thread. You can defend yourself there. [/quote]

You keep giving me things to respond to in here, and I just might keep coming back.

Get of your fucking high horse. I’m not trying to get anyone to support me. I don’t need the reassurance and affirmation from nameless faceless posters on the internet to know that I’m right. I know that I’m right. Period.

If you guys aren’t happy with your training logs being open to comments and criticism from anyone that has an account on the site, perhaps you should ask the Admins to create a special group for you like the BOI. It could be called The Sisterhood of Sandy Vaginas. You can add only the members that you like and that way you’ll have a place to spew rainbows and sunshine and blow smoke up one another’s asses. You can talk about how cute your gym clothes are and tell everyone that they did a good job even when they didn’t. Everyone will get a trophy in the SSV. Because trying your best and being a nice person is what really counts in the gym.
[/quote]

Great. Let’s end it like this. With you being you.

Oh, one more thing. I feel really lucky to have you back in the compound.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

And if she said she was still benching to 3" off of her chest, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but she specifically said she was touching when the only thing that changed was the angle she took videos from.[/quote]

What does it say about me? Maybe that I just like her input and like reading her progress. I like how you try to turn my concern over her into an attack on my character though, very mature.

Fuck it. I’m out of this for now. Nikki, stay around.

[/quote]

Not attacking your character. Just pointing out the irony in you accusing me of white knighting and then begging Nikki to stay.

The Internet: “Where grown adults can act like bitter, immature, bickering 12 year olds and somehow think it’s ok”

lol

I was ignoring this bullshit until I saw that people that I like are being criticized (constructively, I’m sure rolls eyes) just because they support me. I don’t want others to be looked at wrong or judged just because they don’t think that I’m a liar. Questioning someone’s character because they want me to continue logging? Holy shit, this whole “Nikki lying about all her lifts” turned into a bigger catastrophe than I could have imagined.

I took a vid just now of my 165 bench. The one that I lied and got caught about.
I wasn’t going to post the video, especially since I benched yesterday (I felt like such a “sistard” for benching twice in a row ;D ) but this won’t end. Shit, this hate will go on to the end of the log, then someone will create a Part 2.

I’m sure someone will have another problem with another lift. I mean, I already proved people wrong about the 295 DL. I also can bench, touch my chest and not get help with 165. I can’t wait to see what else I’m lying about.