Gorillakiv83 Training Log

My name is Kivanc. I’m 35 years old. I live in Istanbul, Turkey.
I lift at home 3 days a week. I train in 9 week cycles. I do 4 weeks full body, 1 week split of my choice to confuse the muscles. 4 weeks full body again and then i take 1 week off. After this 9 week cycle is over, i change my full body program and start another cycle.

I will record my exercises, sets and reps in this log. I will also note down how i felt on that particular day.
I think reading this log in the future may be really fun.

I am 179 cms and 73,6 kgs.

Adsız3

3 Likes

Dumbbell squeeze press ( I dont push the dumbbells towards each other, just keep them in contact )
1 warm up set of 10 reps. 3 working sets of 10-8-7 reps

Barbell sumo deadlift
3 warm up sets of 12-10-10
3 working sets of 8 reps ( i increased the weight each set )

One arm dumbbell concentration curl
3 working sets of 10-9-8 ( i used the same weight )

One arm dumbbell shrug
3 working sets of 12 reps

Plate front raise

Crunch
3 working sets of 20 reps

It was hot as hell and i was drenched in sweat after deadlifts. I have 3 different full body workouts and this is the one i dislike the most.

I am looking forward to training in winter where i hardly sweat.

1 Like

oh shitt… Jason Statham has log in t-nation… looking to follow you.

2 Likes

hehehe thanks for stopping by man, appreciate it.

Goblet lunge ( Stationary lunge while holding the dumbbell vertical in front of your chest )
Bodyweight * 15 reps ( veeery slow reps to warm up the knees )
4 working sets of 12 reps each leg ( increasing weight each set )

Seated barbell overhead press
Warm up 1 set * 12 reps
3 working sets of 8 reps plus 1 drop set of 8 reps at the end ( i kept the weight same during my working sets )

One arm reverse grip dumbbell row
Warm up 1 set * 12 reps
3 working sets of 8 reps ( i kept the weight same during my working sets )

Dumbbell kickback
3 working sets of 12 reps ( same weight )

Ez bar reverse curl
3 working sets of 12 reps ( same weight )

Bench knee tuck

This was an unbelievably hard training week for me. Every muscle in my body is sore at the moment.

This full body thing is really taxing on the body. I started doing it on january but i cant imagine doing something else from now on. i hate it and love it at the same time.

3rd week of my 9 week cycle is over. Now i have 2 full rest days. On sunday i start it all over again.

Took the words right out of my mouth

1 Like

only with the shades and beard bro :slight_smile:

1 Like

goblet squat
3 warm up sets of 15,12,10 reps
3 working sets of 10 reps

• 2 second pause at the bottom in every rep.

one arm incline dumbbell press
1 warm up set of 12 reps

• 2 second pause at the bottom in every rep.

overhead dumbbell triceps extension
1 warm up set of 15 reps
3 working sets of 15 reps

• 3 second negative in every rep.

one arm barbell row

• 3 second squeeze at the top in every rep.

plate hammer curl

• i used one and a half rep technique.

single leg calf raise

• 3 second squeeze at the top in every rep.

i was feeling tired so instead of using heavy weights, i tried to make the exercises harder with little tricks.

i posed at the end. here is how i looked.

1 Like

barbell sumo squat
3 warm up sets of 10 reps
3 working sets of 8-8-6 reps ( weight increased each set )

• i add weight every week. i hope to see a new thickness in my hamstrings and glutes at the end of 9 weeks.

dumbbell squeeze press

• i used a lighter weight than usual and focused on the contraction.

one arm concentration curl
1 warm up set of 12 reps

one arm dumbbell shrug
1 warm up set of 12 reps
2 working sets of 10 reps

• i went heavy on the working sets but still used a 2 second hold at the top of every rep. thanks to john meadows for this tip.

plate front raise
3 working sets of 12 reps + 2 drop sets of 12 reps after the last set

• my delts were fried like kfc hot wings at the end.

crunch

i have 3 different full body workouts and they are all hard but i really hate this one. it must be because of the deadlifts, i dont know.

1 Like

are you able to share with us your current diet habits ? What you particulary eat and how ?

1 Like

yes man, sure.

my weekday breakfast is always 100 gram oats, 1 chopped walnut, 6-7 chopped raw almonds, 300 ml low fat milk, half sliced banana, a pinch of cinnamon and shredded coconut, 1-2 teaspoon of chia seeds and a tablespoon of Dr Oetker’s chocolate granola. i mix them in a big bowl and eat.

i eat lunch at work, they have a restaurant. i usually have some kind of lean meat ( grilled or oven baked ), some rice and salad. if there is only fried or fatty meat, i go for legumes like green lentils, chickpeas or beans. i dont see legumes as incomplete protein so i use them as a meat substitute.

3 hours after lunch, i have 2 sandwichs that i prepare in the morning at home. first one is cream cheese, olive paste, 2 thick slices of low fat cheese and a little nandos peri peri sauce. second one is %100 natural peanut butter and dark chocolate spread. i use whole wheat bread for the sandwiches.

for dinner i have some kind of lean meat ( mostly chicken breast or meatballs made from very lean ground beef ) or legumes as protein. for carbs i eat rice, bulgur, pasta or baked potatoes. most of the time i have a huge green salad or some vegetables for dinner.

after i digest dinner, i start working out at 2130 and generally finish it at 2330. i dont use supplements so i eat something i designed as a post workout meal. its half mashed banana, 2 teaspoons of nesquik and 150-200 grams of greek yoghurt. i mix them all until it looks like a pudding. after i eat it, i go to bed.

at weekends my breakfast is usually 2 scrambles eggs, some different type of cheese ( feta, cheddar, string etc ), cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, maybe some olives. we sometimes make oat and banana pancakes on sunday mornings. we eat them with peanut butter and coffee.

i generally have a piece of fruit everyday. it may be an apple, 3-4 apricots, 2 slices of pineapple or watermelon. every saturday evening i eat something dirty. my favorites are cheeseburger & french fries or a large pizza and some kind of dessert.

thats it man.

2 Likes

appreciate the answer really. I’ll take advantage on that.

1 Like

you are welcome, it was a pleasure.

Goblet stationary lunge
4 sets of 15 reps each leg ( i increased the weight every set )

• My glutes are finally shaping up with this one. Squats don’t do shit for my booty.

Seated barbell overhead press
2 warm up sets of 10 reps
3 heavy working sets of 7-6-6 reps

• I am getting stronger on this one.

One arm reverse grip dumbbell row
1 warm up set of 12 reps
3 working sets of 8 reps ( i increased the weight every set )

Reverse grip barbell curl
3 working sets of 15 reps ( i used the same weight every set )

• I have to increase the weight next week. This is giving my arms a much more complete look. I will probably add this to my next 9 week program too.

Dumbbell kickback

• I can’t understand why people bash this exercise. I find it pretty effective and hard to do to be honest.

Bench knee tuck
3 sets of 20 reps

• I am training abs regularly for the first time in my life and they look definitely tighter. Trial & error works everytime.

My 4th week is over. According to the game plan, i will do a split of my choice for a week to surprise the muscles.

I decided to do the below split which i’ve been wanting to try for a long time. I will try to use different exercises this week because i am doing it to surprise the muscles after all.

sunday : legs & abs
tuesday : shoulders & arms
thursday : chest & back

2 Likes

some classic posing to finish the week and celebrate my 2 full rest days.

3 Likes

split looks fine, just maybe consider that your backs muscles (lumbar sections) work a lot with legs squats and deadlifts, and also work a lot with abs exercises. I hope you understand what I tried to tell you. Nevertheless maybe it is ok for you and you can combined. Just some tips…

1 Like

thank you. i will only do this split for a week and continue my full body program for 4 more weeks.

shoulders & biceps & triceps

one arm rear delt lateral raise
3 sets of 15 reps

• this is an exercise i hate to go heavy on. i think its meaningless. i wanted to make my delts ready for the 2 pressing exercises ahead.

EZ bar reverse grip overhead press
1 warm up set of 12 reps
3 working sets of 12-11-10 reps

• i felt this in my front delt - upper chest tie in area. it hurt my wrists a little but is definitely added to the arsenal.

standing one arm arnold press
4 sets of 10 reps

• i saw this in one of steve cook’s videos and loved it. it will be in my next full body program for sure.

overhead dumbbell extension
3 sets of 20 reps

• i just cant go heavy on triceps exercises anymore because my elbows are killing me. i try to make it up with high reps.

lying dumbbell extension
3 sets of 10 reps

• i did it lying on the floor and paused the dumbbells on the floor for a second every rep to minimize momentum. my triceps were pumped like crazy after this one.

cross body hammer curl
3 sets of 10 reps

standing concentration curl ( arnold style )
3 sets of 10 reps

• i did it this way for the first time even though i am a huge Arnold fan. i felt a great contraction at the top so it is added to my next full body program.

that was it. it was a good change of pace for me and felt good.

1 Like

6 years later im back to full body workouts because i have only 2-3 days a week to train.

im glad i kept this log, its nice to look back and see what i used to do back in the day.

i will start logging again to save my workouts for future.

One arm reverse grip db row
Db leg curl
One arm neutral grip seated db shoulder press
Db skullcrusher
Bench knee tuck