GoP's PizzaGaetz

They can’t win within their own party.

Because they oppose both sides of the welfare/warfare state.

There is truth to that but they also offer no solutions. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps is meaningless when you don’t have boots. Assume a can opener doesn’t solve problems.

2 Likes

Character of leaders used to at least with lip service matter to these people. If it doesn’t matter in a government official why would it matter to society in general?

It certainly wasn’t disqualifying. Republicans ran the least conservative person of their options in the primary.

1 Like

Oh, conservatives most definitely exist. We watch you guys pick your least of two evils and then argue over who picked the best of the evils.

Pro family, roots, place. Pro life. Pro worker. Pro hierarchy/authority. Pro transcendent beliefs.

We tend to break Republican because the other side is actively at war with us. That simple. Pro choice, LGBTBbQ (especially equality act stuff) is a non starter.

Who were they going to pick, Biden? Then, the idea that third-parties are a thrown away vote is ingrained.

2 Likes

Well, no. Because it has to be weighed against other(realistic) options.

Don’t think so. Maybe the least neocon.

They’re as good as voting Democrat if you align even .0001% closer with Republicans.

Republicans aren’t a good fit for conservatives either, though. Too liberal, too corporate worshipping.

Conservatives and libertarians must go their own way.

Conservatives will unapologetically make use of the government to shape society as we see fit.

Interesting thought. @Sloth .

I have to think about this one. (Would you care to elaborate?)

You walk the walk though and even though we see things very differently I will always give you lots of credit for that. Meanwhile other people are saying why would behavior matter for a government official? It wouldn’t if you aren’t a social conservative in any sense of the word.

Least socially conservative and least fiscally conservative I think are easy arguments to make against him compared to the field.

1 Like

As for Trump, he is obviously a Democrat who decided to run Republican so as to not screw over the Democrat primary. So he ran republican. And nuked what would’ve been their front runners. But then he realized he could actually win. This is a guy that was helping to viciously nuke his pal Bill Clinton’s accusers.

They loved him until he beat them.

2 Likes

Because Justices matter so damn much, too. So, we vote for a party that has a chance to win.

1 Like

Which will always be the way “liberals” made use of it “a few years ago.” Edit: At least, if you believe what you said about “conservatives.”

Shoot.

I’m not going to go through and study the positions of the entire 2016 GOP field he ran against. But how many of them were thrice divorced with multiple sexual abuse allegations? How many were obviously using “Christianity” as a prop? How many had obvious corruption and scams throughout their career? How many (after 8 years of hand wringing about the debt) said the debt doesn’t matter we print our own money. How many advocated for universal healthcare?

He essentially was counter to the “conservative” principles that had been espoused during the Obama years and won easily over far more conservative candidates.

Lib trolling over conservative principles. But hey he gave all power back in just four short years so maybe they believe it was worth it.

Yep. They did. Too bad we stood by and watched.

That’s why actual conservatives do not “unapologetically make use of the government to shape society.” That’s what neocons do.

I figured as much.

Who says? Libertarians might. An actual conservative can sees the value in common good.

2 Likes

Like, this anti “progressive” tax stance. Wtf? That is a libertarian thing. 10% of 25k means a hell of a lot more to getting by than than 10% of 250k. Conservatives recognize that. Liberaratians, as atomistic individuals either can’t or just don’t care.

But I’m going off on a tangent.

2 Likes

I’m not going to do all the work for you. I laid out plenty of clear reasons why I don’t think he’s conservative in the least bit.

Who is less conservative than him in that field? 16 people is a lot I realize. It’s not like calling Trump not that conservative is a weird position to take. You had a lot of people either leave the party or oppose him because he wasn’t conservative enough. Much more than in modern history.

No, it’s not.

Not going to do all the work for ME? You made the claim.