GOP Platform: A Better Way

[quote=“Aragorn, post:57, topic:219493”]
You make some decent points in your prior posts. [/quote]

Thanks Aragorn.

I don’t know your age and I don’t think you are as young as the typical poster on this site. But I have noticed a pattern. Those folks who are young and do not get who they want get all upset and refer to their higher principals. I get it and I respect it. But keep in mind that if you do not vote for the lesser of two evils the greater of the two evils is likely to win. If you can live with helping that person become President by not choosing one of the two who can win then I don’t have a problem with that. I however choose to participate in the process of choosing the next President and no one should have a problem with that…but for some reason the do.

Kind of pointless. Before this thread I doubt I have 10 posts over the last year.

Yeah, that’s the guy. Same Kasich that has an “amazing” approval rating in a critical swing state. Great strategy there Donnie.

Everyone lies, its part of being human. I’m not interested in debating the difference between white lies, lies of commission, or lies of omission. And while it is very subjective, it is not overly difficult to distinguish the principled politicians from the others. And I do fully believe there are some.

1 Like

Since you (and I) are older, here are some hippie lyrics,hehe
If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you are with.

With all due respect to you, as you are a very good poster, that will never happen! The republican House would never pick Gary Johnson to become the 45th President of the US. Thy would pick a republican so the question is simply foolish on its face.

Then you have less to lose than I do so let’s bet. I am reasonably sure Hillary will not be elected to the Presidency. You are convinced that Trump will not win. I post here quite a lot so I would be giving up more than you.

Let’s bet tedro.

It was not his strategy was it? Kasich chose not to attend the republican national convention which was held in his own state. Thus alienating perhaps millions of voters who did vote for Trump over him. That was absolutely a foolish strategy on his part.

As for Trump he rarely gets it right. I can’t remember the last time he played it smart in this campaign. And yet he is still tied or perhaps a bit ahead of Hillary as we speak.

Well, please give me a nice long list of all of the principled politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Now you’re talking LOL

Gotta go get some work done. As Obama said I didn’t build the business that I have (gee I wonder who did) but I sure as heck have to run it.

Talk to you guys later have a great day!

I have nothing to gain and nothing to lose. I have no desire to take away your posting privileges and could quite possibly go a year without posting anyways.

The sum of the 2016 election cycle. This sentiment is why we are doomed.

Never claimed it to be long, just easy to distinguish. I did try Aragorn’s challenge yesterday of naming 12 senators. I couldn’t get to 12 so I didn’t post it, but for the record:

1. Cruz
  2. Mike Lee
  3. Rand Paul
  4. Ben Sasse
  5. Rubio
  6. Richard Selby
  7. Bernie (yep)
  8. Coburn (I can count him can’t I? If not for cancer he’d still be there.)

There’s probably more. I don’t claim to be knowledgeable on the stances and records of all 100. As for the house, it’s nigh impossible to know a thing or two about all of them, but as for my own congressman I will say Tim Hueslkamp is a very respectable, principled conservative.

1 Like

I’m sorry but you must have missed the sentiment behind the remark.

You see not every quote, even from the most brilliant of our past statesmen, is applicable in every circumstance. Would that have sounded better to you than bla bla bla?

Yes…I think it would have.

My mistake.

The Trump/GOP situation is the exact circumstance for which that quote applies.

Yes, in your opinion.

I’m sorry you are correct. No, I would prefer someone who is more conservative on social issues.

So given a choice between Clinton, Trump, and Johnson, you would pick Trump because he is more conservative on social issues.

What?!?

I can’t support anyone who is currently for legalizing marijuana and who is pro abortion rights and pro gay marriage. And as I understand it he is pretty much an isolationist along the lines of a typical Libertarian. In short, I disagree with more of Johnson’s views than I do Trumps.

“But Trump is a liar and a secret democrat and he’s just a bad person”

Yeah…I get it.

We all hate Trump in fact most hate him so much they need to devote an entire thread to just calling him names…I get it. But at this time I will take him at his word that he will appoint conservative Supreme Court Justices…I don’t think Johnson would and I know Hillary would not.

Hope that answers your question.

Zeb, wouldn’t a president be limited on abortion and gay marriage by the current laws? Certainly there could be a change for marijuana, but the courts have decided abortion and gay marriage. Would you hope that the next president would pick away at those decisions?

Honest question, curious what your motiviations are here for having those as significant factors in your presidential choice. I agree with Johnson on those issues (disagreeing with you), but am ok voting for a more social conservative because I didn’t think a president would do much to change them. I want to re-evaluate that logic. Anyone else also can provide input of how they factor social issues into their decision compared to fiscal issues.

Basically, there is no separation between social liberalism and economic failure. Part of our fiscal failure is because of our social failure. When our basic morals go south the wallet soon follows.

Social failures cost us money…add them up…

smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction, unwanted pregnancy, obesity, laziness and more. Whenever a populace does exactly what they want to do with no regard to consequences it is only a matter of time before that society dies. We are currently heading in that direction.

Who pays for these failures?

We do.

No, I don’t want anyone in the White House who is a social liberal.