GOP Platform: A Better Way

Thanks for the link. First and foremost, it helps lay waste to the idea that Trump built his empire with a starting point of $1 million. He clearly didn’t, despite what Trumpkin lickspittle like Zeb say.

Second, the author’s point is to say Trump may have beaten the market over time if you assume a yearly tax bite out his returns at both the federal and state levels. Does anyone think Trump paid taxes every year at max rates in those returns?

My point has always been not that Trump is a business disaster or failure, but that at best he is average, and on an objective reading, he’s been less than average. The data bear that out, and it’s plainly obvious Trump is wealthy not because he is a business genius but because he inherited a lot of capital to play with. He’s a perfect example of the old adage that the best way to make a small fortune is to start with a large one.

And that’s just the data. When we take a deeper dive, and people want to talk about him employing thousands of people, we also look at his business practices - the fraud, the stiffing of creditors, the frivolous litigation as a business strategy.

I know good men who could no doubt be richer if they’d engage in these sleazy practices, but they’d rather maintain their integrity. They’re businessmen, but not billionaires, but I respect them a Hell of a lot more than Trump. Because character matters.

(Or it used to, especially among conservatives.)

He’s rich, and he’s undoubtedly grown his wealth. But he’s no business genius. And he’s no hero.

Yes and yes. This is exactly what I have been saying for months now.

1 Like

Yes, it’s easy to succeed not only in NYC but in the real estate game as well. Sure it is that’s why you see all of the many billionaire real estate people walking around in NYC as well as everywhere else…oh wait no you don’t.

And as I have repeated multiple times but you refuse to acknowledge Trump DID NOT inherit money BEFORE he started succeeding in a big way on his own.

You just can’t give the man credit for anything because you don’t like him.

What a very petty way to see the world.

And overly emotional peons have to judge based on their emotion…and you do!

Once again Trump succeeded long BEFORE his father passed away.

Ha, me too.

(characters)

And you are an overly emotional woman. If I didn’t know better (and I’m not sure I do) I would swear that you were a woman. Once someone questions you, you generally go off the deep end trying mightily to get the upper hand. When you are unable you go into an emotional tizzy. You are in one now and I’m laughing at you. A formerly good poster gone bad is how I look at you TB. And keep in mind just because people stop posting when you push it doesn’t mean that you are correct in whatever it is you are debating. All it means is that they don’t want to hear your whine and overly emotional attacks.

You are a pathetic once good poster who has followed his ( or hers) emotion off a cliff. The latest example of this is your read on Trump. You don’t like him politically therefore nothing he has ever done in his life is good. Emotional reasoning and black and white assessments are nothing for anyone on this site to look up to.

These are your gems:

-Trump is not a good business man

-Joe Biden is a great negotiator (remember that pearl? LOL)

-Hillary Clinton is better in the short and long term for this country

-Trump will be laughed out of the republican primary in weeks (or something to that effect)

And there are other gems poster reading this can reflect for themselves.

Yes, at one time you had a handle on things but at this point in your T Nation life you are a complete joke. Someone who can put a few sentences together but that’s just about where it ends. How long can you ride that one out?

I don’t know it for a fact but I bet Push and the many others left because of people like you. Every debate becomes a court case and at the end if your opponent does not yield, or fade off the thread you get nasty. But…that’s who you are now a days so you can’t help it

The loser writes a 300 word essay on what a good poster the other person is.

There you go smh if you don’t like that you can counter.

Hell…you write 300 words just to say good morning should be a cake walk for you.

(Please don’t let me down and write how it would be impossible for you to write 300 words in praise of my posting…you gotta go for it LOL)

Exhibit A to my previous post, folks.

1 Like

You do not listen any better than you post. I said that Trump began his empire with a 1 million dollar gift from his father. I never said that was the full extent of it. He did borrow money after that. My point was that he became wildly financially successful long before his father died and he inherited the big bucks.

Why is that too much for you to grasp? Oh wait…I forgot you don’t like him politically therefore he is bad at everything he has ever done.

Next you will be telling me that he doesn’t have smart good looking children…

Your emotion rules you TB

Yes, every “average” business man that I know owns a luxury airliner as his private jet.

:blush:

I was hoping you would try to defend your incredible predictions and other commentary. But you decided to ignore it…hey who can blame you?

Based on the project his dad funded

Paris Hilton owns a luxury airliner as her private jet.

Trump took loans from his father? Um…I already pointed that out to you. As for his failures who has not failed who has attempted as much as Trump?

Try harder TB

Hey usmcc…here you are again…funny TB and I were having a heated debate and in you walk helping your buddy.

Now I was kind with the above no name calling but my gosh it is rather obvious to all.

Oh, I’ve defended all those and more. At length. Maybe you struggle with reading?

But we’re waiting on you to defend your claims why Garland was wrong on the four cases - let’s hear it.

If Paris Hilton was the GOP nominee, Zeb would breathlessly be defending her outstanding acumen and labeling her the next Ronald Reagan. Because hacks hack, because of they don’t, their overmasters stop letting them meet the Karl Roves if the world.

1 Like

You really are hard headed. This is false:

His success was built on his family name, period. He tried to branch out into broadway and it failed. His father bankrolled everything early on.

Good for him for being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but that isn’t the point. You’re flat out wrong about how he cut his teeth in the business world and how successful he’s actually been. The fact that he has a private jet is completely irrelevant.

I have yet to see a reliable source paint Trump’s business career as anything except ordinary.

Warren Buffet built a fortune from nothing. Trump inherited success and maintained it, good for him, but not exceptional.

1 Like

She’s gotta a private jet and, from what I’m told, is a successful actress…

I’ve been commenting in PWI for almost 10 years. Believe what you want, I don’t really care.