GOP Debate

Anyone else watch the GOP debate last night? Mitt Romney looked like a cyborg IMHO. Ron paul has some good ideas w/r/t taxes and spending, but is definitely out in left field with his views on 9/11 and terrorism preparedness in general.

I thought Giuliani looked good. I still have some issues with his past stances on abortion, however I think he is the best fit for the job overall and what this country needs right now.

Thoughts?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Anyone else watch the GOP debate last night? Mitt Romney looked like a cyborg IMHO. Ron paul has some good ideas w/r/t taxes and spending, but is definitely out in left field with his views on 9/11 and terrorism preparedness in general.

I thought Giuliani looked good. I still have some issues with his past stances on abortion, however I think he is the best fit for the job overall and what this country needs right now.

Thoughts?[/quote]

I took a nap and missed it unfortunately. I did read that Ron Paul showed Rudy what is up as far as why Al Qaeda attacked America, gonna be looking for clips and whatnot today.

[quote]Ren wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

Thoughts?

I took a nap and missed it unfortunately. I did read that Ron Paul showed Rudy what is up as far as why Al Qaeda attacked America, gonna be looking for clips and whatnot today.[/quote]

Yeah, umm, I can’t believe I used to like Ron Paul. He sounded like a desperate, frustrated old man.

Although in my humble opinion, Rudy merely feigned indignation to score cheap political points, Ron Paul showed that he is a class A jackass in regards to terrorism. He sounds more like Harry Reid than his self-imagined Ronald Reagan.

That said, I’m sick of Regan references, I liked the man, minus some of his stuff, but he wasn’t what they make him out to be. I mean, they way they use him, Ronald Reagan wasn’t even Ronald Reagan.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

Yeah, umm, I can’t believe I used to like Ron Paul. He sounded like a desperate, frustrated old man.

Although in my humble opinion, Rudy merely feigned indignation to score cheap political points, Ron Paul showed that he is a class A jackass in regards to terrorism. He sounds more like Harry Reid than his self-imagined Ronald Reagan.
[/quote]

I only saw that clip. Ron Paul made a fool of himself and Rudy pounced.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:

I only saw that clip. Ron Paul made a fool of himself and Rudy pounced.[/quote]

There’s Rudy, then there is everyone else. Both dems and Republicans are going to get swamped.

He is EXACTLY who I want to go after the slime who are killing our brave soldiers and civilians.

That moment reminds me of Reagan grabbing the mike.

Hello, Mr. President.

Even the dems will understand strength.

JeffR

This guy is seriously the only conservative running for president. I think this is the only republican nominee who has a clue about anything.

Mikeyali wrote:

I only saw that clip. Ron Paul made a fool of himself and Rudy pounced.[/quote]

I think Rudy got some points with the crowd, but Paul is right.

And we are talking about this part right?

But your average person does not want to hear that the actions of the United States contributed to the attack on 9/11.

Its must easier to simply say they hate us for our freedoms and then go bomb them.

But, the CIA agrees with Paul and not Rudy, and Osama even declared the reasons in his Fatwa back in 1996.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
This guy is seriously the only conservative running for president. I think this is the only republican nominee who has a clue about anything.

[/quote]

I’ll just have to disagree with you there LIFTICVS. I think he has some good ideas on taxes/spending, but I don’t care for his ideas at all w/r/t the war on terror and how to protect the U.S.

I’m going with Rudy.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
I’m going with Rudy.

[/quote]
You know, I honestly cannot fathom Rudy as a president. I try listening to him but he (as well as the rest of the party-line republicans) hasn’t said one real thing in regard to policy. It’s always the same old rhetoric.

I think when he jumped on Paul for what he said in regard to 9.11 was just for show. Rudy put words in Ron’s mouth that weren’t there.

You have to understand the analytical nature of an academic such as Ron Paul–he doesn’t like easy answers because they are, more often than not, incorrect. He believes it is more important to understand the nature of aggression against the US than decry it as religious fanaticism–though that may, in part, be a reason.

I feel that this country does not need another extremist as a president and I feel Rudy has been touched by the “dark side”.

Its hard to make enemies when you are busy baking cookies for the neighbors and as long as you have enough to share with everyone. This does not mean you then get to march into your neighbor’s back yard and tell him how to keep his yard mowed and threaten him with no more cookies until he complies.

You still have to behave in a diplomatic manner lest you accidentally offend someone.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:

I think Rudy got some points with the crowd, but Paul is right.

And we are talking about this part right?

But your average person does not want to hear that the actions of the United States contributed to the attack on 9/11.

Its must easier to simply say they hate us for our freedoms and then go bomb them.

But, the CIA agrees with Paul and not Rudy, and Osama even declared the reasons in his Fatwa back in 1996.

[/quote]

This is just silly. I think the average politically aware person understands that our refusal to withdraw from the world and let our enemies have their way gives them reason to attack us.

The average politically aware person also should understand that when a politician yammers like Ron Paul did in a public debate it emboldens the enemy.

This is a war that is being fought in the media as much as in Baghdad.

Any political candidate that tries to justify the reasons for terrorism in such a manner is a nimrod.

The average politically aware person also should understand that when a politician yammers like Ron Paul did in a public debate it emboldens the enemy.
[/quote]

You don’t even know what this means…you are just repeating partisan hackery.

How does this “embolden the enemy”? And what enemy are you referring to?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

I’m going with Rudy.

[/quote]

Then kiss more of our freedoms goodbye and welcome the North American Union, which will suspend the Constitution.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

You don’t even know what this means…you are just repeating partisan hackery.

How does this “embolden the enemy”? And what enemy are you referring to?[/quote]

Agreed. This whole idea about emboldening the enemy smells like BS all around.

You know when we’ll win the war on “terror”? When young Muslim men no longer get convinced to blow themselves up near our people.

“Terrorists” are not a goddamn nation. They are not a highly organized regiment of soldiers. The lower level and foot-terrorists if you will, are regular Muslims who were in some way effected by something stupid the US has done or did in the past. It is not a nation seeking economic power, it is not an expanding country seeking “living space” and it is not a goddamn religious front seeking to convert us all. Most Muslims are find and dandy with the rest of the world being non-Muslim and letting their women out without a goddamn face cover. They may not LIKE it, but they don’t want to KILL us for it.

Ron Paul, as flustered as he seemed, had a much greater and more correct analysis of this war than anyone else. Comparing him to an ass like Reid is stupid, and blind.

Rudy pocketed around 300 million from 9/11, Ron won again with real substance, not cliches and rethoric from Bulliani and the other clowns.

Ron Paul is a jester at this point, providing some entertainment for serious contenders.

His “America’s fault” schtick plays well with people who have done half their homework - after all, this simplistic cause and effect has no calculus for all the goodwill American actions should have purchased through acts and aid throughout the world.

The pathology that drives Islamists is independent of what we do.

For further proof, this theory would presuppose they are fighting against the US because the US oppresses them and they want to liberate themselves. We know this is exactly wrong, because Islamists don’t want to be liberated from an oppressive state - they want a more oppressive regime in place than the one they currently enjoy.

Islamists don’t give a damn that we trade for oil with autocratic regimes - they care that we get it at “confiscatory” prices and support Israel, when the “apes and pigs” have no right to be in their land.

I have to admit to being quite amused at the lines of attack used by the loons (jlesk), the communists (liftus), and the partisan democrats (rocky).

It seems that if this is all they have, Rudy should win big.

Vague associations and innuendos aren’t going to get you anywhere–see 2000-2004.

JeffR

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

I’m going with Rudy.

Then kiss more of our freedoms goodbye and welcome the North American Union, which will suspend the Constitution.
[/quote]

Seriously, what a stupid post.

North American Union? get real.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Rocky101 wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

I’m going with Rudy.

[/quote]
Google it and learn. Also look up on youtube the concentration camps being buit in the US as we speak. And whoever said I was a democrat I only vote for true patriots so therefore being only 31 i have never voted. I swear somepeople are just begging to be enslaved

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:

There’s Rudy, then there is everyone else. Both dems and Republicans are going to get swamped.

He is EXACTLY who I want to go after the slime who are killing our brave soldiers and civilians.

That moment reminds me of Reagan grabbing the mike.

Hello, Mr. President.

Even the dems will understand strength.

JeffR
[/quote]

We are talking about the same Rudy who put the NYC emergency center in WTC? and BFF with Kerik?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Rocky101 wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

I’m going with Rudy.

[/quote]

The level of brainwashing and ignorance here is just amazing…