Google+. New Rival to Facebook, but Better

I knew facebook was all over when my grandma friend requested me.

If my grandma friended me I’d shit myself.

She died in 1965.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
They should ban all people over 40 from Facebook.

Honestly, to my friend’s mum: I don’t give a shit about your opinion to what I did over the weekend. I should just tell my friend that his mum is a MILF but I bet he already knows that.[/quote]

I second that. Along with grade school kids. Wtf? Damn

One of my dogs is on facebook and has almost 100 friends…mostly other dogs of the same breed.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Since I don’t use facebook because it’s “cool” but because it’s for me, a neat and tidy way to message friends and family and share my pics and see other people’s pics and news, then I have no need of a new one.

And I’ve never had some problem where facebook knows my secrets. All they know is I have dogs and like Star Trek. Oh, and my birthday. Who gives a shit?[/quote]

They keep asking for my phone number and I refuse to put it on there.

Nards that is why I am on there, can see my family pictures and send information. Like you dont need new “cool” stuff.

Yep…I just see facebook as a fancy, tidy e-mail thingy.

^ Yep I get to see my grandson grow up through FB, my daughter puts pictures up almost every day.

Google+ seems less intuitive than facebook. Like the PC to the Mac i guess…

Not sure if I like it or not, but I’ve spent a total of 25mins looking around.

I know though, people fucking up which circle they post shit too is going to make for some good comedy on “fail blogs” and the like.

So this google+ thing is already out?

[quote]DJHT wrote:
So this google+ thing is already out?[/quote]

lol yeah, I added you last night, but I don’t think you’ll see my posts until you sign up.

Is Google+ invite only like Gmail was when it first came out?

Theres abit of learning curve but I like it. I think ill keep sending out invites if anybody is interested.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
So this google+ thing is already out?[/quote]

lol yeah, I added you last night, but I don’t think you’ll see my posts until you sign up.

[/quote]

Got it yesterday but was watching movies with the wife, joined this morning before we go work out.

I like the circles feature, I am not friends with my 14 yo daughter on facebook because I don’t think she needs to see how I interact with my friends.

so review of google+ after have been using it anyone?

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
I like the circles feature, I am not friends with my 14 yo daughter on facebook because I don’t think she needs to see how I interact with my friends.[/quote]

I am friends with my 15 year old daughter so I can see how she interacts with her friends and boys.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
I like the circles feature, I am not friends with my 14 yo daughter on facebook because I don’t think she needs to see how I interact with my friends.[/quote]

I am friends with my 15 year old daughter so I can see how she interacts with her friends and boys. [/quote]

Here Mom does that. My daughter lives in FL I live in NH, I have her summer, and each week vacation and fly her up any weekend to see other relatives visiting.
I’d rather her not see how daddy

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

I am friends with my 15 year old daughter so I can see how she interacts with her friends and boys. [/quote]

Here Mom does that. My daughter lives in FL I live in NH, I have her summer, and each week vacation and fly her up any weekend to see other relatives visiting.
I’d rather her not see how daddy[/quote]

Im divorced and I feel you about keeping your private life, private. However simply make a family FB page, my daughter lives 4 hours away and she is 17. Kids today converse through FB, could be a way for you to have more connection with your daughter. Just my opinion.

You could always make groups in facebook and limit what each group sees. I have a work group that has coworksers and clients. They can’t see my wall, any status updates, my religious or political prefferences, no pics my friends tag of me, and none of my photo albumns except a couple of my kids. Then i have a “family group” where i stick the most senior and junior levels of my family. It’s less restrictive but basically grandma, and my neices/nephews can’t see my status updates and select photo albums like of me funnelling beers in college etc.

Most people bitch about the dangers of facebook but don’t use any of these features. i don’t get it. If some clown tags me in a pic tomorrow where i am 19 years old and passed out on a toilet bowl covered in shaving cream… no one who i don’t want to see that would be able to.

Is the google+ circles features any better?

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

I’d rather her not see how daddy[/quote]

Im divorced and I feel you about keeping your private life, private. However simply make a family FB page, my daughter lives 4 hours away and she is 17. Kids today converse through FB, could be a way for you to have more connection with your daughter. Just my opinion. [/quote]

I never tried putting friends in groups. I know my ex, her mom didn’t even want me to post her pics on my facebook albums before. So no big deal. We communicated with text and phone everyday.