T Nation

Google Latitude

http://www.google.com/latitude/intro.html

Anyone heard about this?

Pretty crazy if you ask me.

pretty f’in sweeet. Just downloaded it to my blackberry

Yeah, I’ll get around to downloading that when I get my Bold (to replace my Curve)…but there’s no way in hell I’m leaving the “other people can see my coordinates” feature on.

Great, one more way for the MAN to keep tabs on us…

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Great, one more way for the MAN to keep tabs on us…[/quote]

or for US to keep tabs on The Man. oooooooooooooh

Pretty fucking creepy. People don’t need to know where I am 24/7.

This loss of privacy we’re seeing with increased technology is worrying.

[quote]Travacolypse wrote:

This loss of privacy we’re seeing with increased technology is worrying. [/quote]

u have to sign up for it. its not like youre put on their as soon as you get a cellphone so idk what loss of privacy youre talking about.

[quote]Travacolypse wrote:

This loss of privacy we’re seeing with increased technology is worrying. [/quote]

You can shut off the “let people know where you are feature”. I’m just gonna use it for google maps/transit etc.

At first I was worried that it was going to be that fake thing that takes you to “meatspin.” That looks pretty crazy, but I don’t think I’m that down with it. I guess I don’t get the point. I can call my friends if I need to know where they’re at. Likewise, I wouldn’t really want anyone to see my location.

It would be sweet to have a phone that doubled as a gps navigator though. Do those exist?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Travacolypse wrote:

u have to sign up for it. its not like youre put on their as soon as you get a cellphone so idk what loss of privacy youre talking about.[/quote]

To play devil’s advocate, you may have to sign up for this application of the technology, but if your phone can be tracked just by entering the number into a website, the government probably has the technology to track the phone regardless of your involvement.

[quote]red04 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Travacolypse wrote:

u have to sign up for it. its not like youre put on their as soon as you get a cellphone so idk what loss of privacy youre talking about.

To play devil’s advocate, you may have to sign up for this application of the technology, but if your phone can be tracked just by entering the number into a website, the government probably has the technology to track the phone regardless of your involvement.[/quote]

They sure do. And do so regularly.

Cool find though RSGZ.