Goodbye Yankee Stadium

Being a huge Yankee fan, I feel really sad about not going to see a game at Yankee Stadium. It sucks to see such a historical place go.

Yankee fan? Sorry to hear that. (Sox fan here… I had to say it)

But anyways yeah it is sad that it will be coming down though. I went to one game there and it was a very nice place to watch a ballgame.

Part of me wants me to see them actually win this game but most of me really wants to see them get embarassed.

It’s fitting that Pettite is starting though.

Now only if Frank Drebbin was umping this game it would be even more legendary.

I lost most of my interest in MLB after the strike of '95 and have never cared for the Yanks. That being said, I wouldn’t miss tonight’s game for anything. Yankee Stadium is one of the very greatest venues in the World, so many legends have played there.

They’re in the 6th now, Yanks up 5-3. Watching the inning with Whitey Ford and Yogi Berra in the booth was priceless. No doubt the ghosts are all in attendance tonight.

I am also happy that Pettite was given the start.

o wow i just made a thread about this well kinda haha

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
I lost most of my interest in MLB after the strike of '95 and have never cared for the Yanks. That being said, I wouldn’t miss tonight’s game for anything. Yankee Stadium is one of the very greatest venues in the World, so many legends have played there.

They’re in the 6th now, Yanks up 5-3. Watching the inning with Whitey Ford and Yogi Berra in the booth was priceless. No doubt the ghosts are all in attendance tonight.[/quote]

yup the whole game is amazing

[quote]Geebus wrote:
I am also happy that Pettite was given the start.[/quote]

yo man im not sure about you but id rahter them not have a new stadium and keep this one. FUck owners and there money

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Geebus wrote:
I am also happy that Pettite was given the start.

yo man im not sure about you but id rahter them not have a new stadium and keep this one. FUck owners and there money[/quote]

I would also like them to keep the stadium, but it is old so I guess there needs to be change.

Here’s last week’s SI cover story, written by Tom Verducci and titled “Goodbye Yankee Stadium”. A great read, regardless of personal MLB allegiance:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/09/18/yankee.stadium/index.html

If they need someone to help with the demolition of that craphole I could make some time…

[quote]chillain wrote:
Here’s last week’s SI cover story, written by Tom Verducci and titled “Goodbye Yankee Stadium”. A great read, regardless of personal MLB allegiance:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/09/18/yankee.stadium/index.html

[/quote]

That is indeed a great read. Thanks for sharing it.