Goodbye Michael Scott

The last 3 seasons have been turds compared to the previous seasons.
Michael’s idiocy has gone from believable and hilarious to over the top and just forced.
Jim & Pam…barf, punch, repeat.
Currently it has taken a backseat to everything else that airs on Thursday nights on my TV.
Parks & Recreation dominates everything The Office has done thus far and I can’t see The Office making any amazing comeback just because Will Ferrell has joined the cast.
I wish they had just ended it strong a couple years ago and left everybody wanting more.
Like Arrested Development.

RON SWANSON.

I’m not a fan of Will Ferrel at all, which is sad because I love the office. I’m just going to pretend this episode is the series finale and stop watching.

[quote]Simon Adebisi wrote:

RON SWANSON.[/quote]

This^

Missed the episode when it aired, just watched it now. One of my favorite shows and I liked how they went about Michaels last episode.

I like how the shows not very predictable. I mean who really pictured this episode playing out like it did.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
I loved the British series and initially didn’t like the USA version (mainly because the earlier episodes were based on the UK version) - but in later seasons I really enjoyed the USA version. It’s one of the very few comedy shows I do watch.

Will Ferrell? really? I thought I heard Harvey Keitel’s name mentioned? I am a fan of Will right from the SNL days and love his movies (step brothers, talladega, anchorman etc).[/quote]

How similar are the two versions? I honestly never knew it originated from the UK.[/quote]

The story line is fairly similar with some additions here and there. The humor, however, is completely different as the British version opts for a very dry tone where the US version uses lots of awkward comedy along with pop culture jokes.

It all depends on what you find funny, I know people that love both versions.[/quote]

This is very true. Unique in their own way. I still watch the UK version on DVD and still laugh at the same jokes and sometimes see something that I missed (despite the number of times I’ve watched it). It’s a pity of the few episodes of the UK Office (probably never thought the popularity it would get). The small number of episodes mirrors the same disappointment that they only made 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers with John Cleese.

I find both actors, Ricky and Steve, quite funny, they are very natural and get the audience on their side and laughing with them, despite their personalities you still have a soft spot for them.

I saw many qualities in both their characters (David Brent and Michael Scott) in previous managers of mine and now being a manager myself it’s quite interesting to reflect. Probably makes the series more interesting. I do like the fact they developed Tim and Dawn in Jim and Pam to a new level. I’m only up to Season 7 hope to keep watching this and hope Ferrell doesn’t disappoint.

[quote]malonetd wrote:

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
UK version - I can understand some of the dialogue
[/quote]

This is how I am with anything British. I just can’t understand most of what they’re saying. I couldn’t finish watching the Holy Grail because of this. I understand Telemundo better than British dialog. I’m not sure what my problem is.[/quote]

HOLD the phone, Holy Grail is…well Holy. You just like Telemundo because of the T&A, dont lie. :slight_smile: British humour is an acquired taste if you are American, tends to be more subtle.

[quote]Jokerz wrote:
I’m not a fan of Will Ferrel at all, which is sad because I love the office. I’m just going to pretend this episode is the series finale and stop watching. [/quote]

You dont have to worry. Hes not taking over. From what nbc says, he wanted to take part in bidding steve goodbye.

The scene with Michael and Jim agreeing to meet for lunch “tomorrow” when they both knew that he was leaving was pretty moving.

When Michael unplugged his battery pack/mic saying “It’ll be nice to get this off my chest” then only being able to lip read him saying “that’s what she said” also hit home.

THEN PAM COMES A RUNNIN IN FROM STAGE LEFT BWAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

I didn’t think it was cheesy at all, it was nicely wrapped up. I liked his send off, no ill will towards that guy or that character.

Here’s to whatever happens next.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
The scene with Michael and Jim agreeing to meet for lunch “tomorrow” when they both knew that he was leaving was pretty moving.

When Michael unplugged his battery pack/mic saying “It’ll be nice to get this off my chest” then only being able to lip read him saying “that’s what she said” also hit home.

THEN PAM COMES A RUNNIN IN FROM STAGE LEFT BWAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

I didn’t think it was cheesy at all, it was nicely wrapped up. I liked his send off, no ill will towards that guy or that character.

Here’s to whatever happens next.[/quote]

Best post!!

Totally agree.

I thought this was about the glamour/fitness photographer.

Last episode was well done. It felt real.

I too, am not a Will Ferrell fan. We will see how it continues.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]malonetd wrote:

[/quote]

This is how I am with anything British. I just can’t understand most of what they’re saying. I couldn’t finish watching the Holy Grail because of this. I understand Telemundo better than British dialog. I’m not sure what my problem is.[/quote]

HOLD the phone, Holy Grail is…well Holy. You just like Telemundo because of the T&A, dont lie. :slight_smile: British humour is an acquired taste if you are American, tends to be more subtle. [/quote]

Its almost as good as “The Meaning of Life”

Damn the old Monty Python movies were funny

[quote]binky wrote:
I thought this was about the glamour/fitness photographer.

Last episode was well done. It felt real.

I too, am not a Will Ferrell fan. We will see how it continues.[/quote]

I remember reading somewhere that Ferrel is only going to be on for a few episodes… here’s the “three episodes left” trailer link:

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1511169305/

I just picked this show up last year and watched it straight through, I love all the seasons.

I thought the sending off of Michael Scott was great, I didn’t realize that there were still episodes left this season.

I like Will Ferrell’s movies, but I do not find his character on the office DeAngelo funny. Are you guys fans of Ferrell’s character?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I like Will Ferrell’s movies, but I do not find his character on the office DeAngelo funny. Are you guys fans of Ferrell’s character?

[/quote]

I like the side narrative of him being formerly obese, and always wearing the turquoise jewelry and putting the southwestern art pieces in his office. And Darrel wearing western shirts and cowboy hats to impress him. Subtle but funny to me.

^^ I liked the former obese side narrative as well but I think his character is way too ridiculous. Part of what makes the show funny (at least for me and I’m sure many others) is seeing ridiculous office behaviour and imagining it happening in their workplace. But realistic enough to believe it possibly could happen. It’s not always realistic but a lot of the time it is.

The grabbing of the corners of a cake with his bare hands and some of his antics in the office kitchen are not really believable IMO. They just seem dumb.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]malonetd wrote:

[/quote]

HOLD the phone, Holy Grail is…well Holy. You just like Telemundo because of the T&A, dont lie. :slight_smile: British humour is an acquired taste if you are American, tends to be more subtle. [/quote]

Its almost as good as “The Meaning of Life”

Damn the old Monty Python movies were funny
[/quote]

I love both but Grail is still my favorite. Life of Brian.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]malonetd wrote:

[/quote]

But that’s the thing. I DO like dry, British humor. I just don’t have the ear for it, I guess.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
^^ I liked the former obese side narrative as well but I think his character is way too ridiculous. Part of what makes the show funny (at least for me and I’m sure many others) is seeing ridiculous office behaviour and imagining it happening in their workplace. But realistic enough to believe it possibly could happen. It’s not always realistic but a lot of the time it is.

The grabbing of the corners of a cake with his bare hands and some of his antics in the office kitchen are not really believable IMO. They just seem dumb.

[/quote]

x2. Im not sure if the writers are to blame but I really dont like his character. Which is a shame because Ferrell has great abilities to fit in with the show. Im ready for them to write him off. I cant wait to see what Jim Carey does with the show.

Will Ferrell is awesome, he will make a hell of a substitute.