T Nation

Goodbye Facebook

OP is probably pretty young because the kids all seem to have hundreds of “friends.” The adults who posted use it for actual family, friends and some who post links to videos and articles about fitness (for example) that you want to follow. I’ve never felt like anyone was judging me because I don’t add random people so that I can boast a high friend count. I think it’s a good idea for OP to go cold turkey on FB until he’s older.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

You know how to reach me. [/quote]

Through this site, you’re always here.

Facebook and Myspace are retarded. I dont care what age you are. OP this is a good move. Stay away from the social networking sites. It is a waste of time. People ALWAYS claim it is for family and friends… yet they are always posting their latest photos/quotes. Again, waste of time and if you need a shrine dedicated to the things that you do so you feel better about yourself, then you probably have issues anyways. Your either lonely or looking for recognition.

If there was a world wide poll on who uses social networking sites, i bet the majority of the “Successful” people in the world avoid it.

Twitter is EVEN WORSE.

I probably would have agreed with the OP when I was still going to school, had no commitments, and most of my friends were local, but times and circumstances change.

A majority of my friends are in time zones 1-3 hours different, with some on the other side of the world. Most of them have young families. Trying to get a decent phone call in can be very difficult, especially when you both have local friends to spend time with.

I agree that adding everyone and anyone to your list is ghey, though the only people on my list who do that do it for work purposes.

[quote]mokaloka99 wrote:
Facebook and Myspace are retarded. I dont care what age you are. OP this is a good move. Stay away from the social networking sites. It is a waste of time. People ALWAYS claim it is for family and friends… yet they are always posting their latest photos/quotes. Again, waste of time and if you need a shrine dedicated to the things that you do so you feel better about yourself, then you probably have issues anyways. Your either lonely or looking for recognition.

If there was a world wide poll on who uses social networking sites, i bet the majority of the “Successful” people in the world avoid it.

Twitter is EVEN WORSE.

[/quote]

You’re a homo too.

65 friends. All old friends or family. No problems at all.

I bet there are some that are passing judgment on me for some reason or another.
There always is, but who gives a damn about that? What harm does that do? Is that meaningful or important in some way? lol Hardly.

I will never understand getting fired up or angry at stuff on teh interwebz or whatever.

As far as I am concerned the internet is like TV with socializing and shopping.
It’s just a picture on a screen and unless I am buying things online or something, then it’s really got nothing to do with me or my life. Shits and giggles as they say. Not good for much else but entertainment, and for the most part it’s relatively bland entertainment at that.
Also it’s absolutely transitory and inconsequential. All I have to do is click the red X and bam it’s gone. Vanished, leaving no trace. And in my case very little of what I observed on the screen stays with me or has any meaning beyond those scant moments.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

You know how to reach me. [/quote]

Through this site, you’re always here.
[/quote]

Haha! true

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]mokaloka99 wrote:

Twitter is EVEN WORSE.

[/quote]

You’re a homo too.
[/quote]

Thought you were harsh on the OP. But this guy…eehhhh yeah. Unless he is also a kid.

If you dont like women then deleting facebook is no big deal.

Why friend a guy you only met once? I’ve turned down dozens of friends requests. As it stands, my account only has 70 friends, and I like it that way. I only add people if it is someone I know, like, and would want to share things with.

As it is, Facebook is an amazingly easy way to stay in contact with people. I can upload pictures, everyone can see them, those who care can reply, those who don’t can ignore, I don’t have to play the phone game, people can digest the info when it is convenient for them…really, it’s all the good things people who for staying in touch (chat, email, texting) all combined into one convenient box where I can say something once to everyone at the same time.

facebook is a tool you use to contact people. Even if you have 3000 friends, you still should really worry about people judging you. Just don’t put up stupid shit or waste your life on it. Use it only to your own advantage. If you can’t control yourself, then maybe deleting it is a wise choice.

[quote]SickAbs wrote:
If you dont like women then deleting facebook is no big deal.[/quote]

Um yes. I have had many-a-hookup on Facebook. The only thing I don’t like about it is sometimes a dumb bitch will post on your wall, “HAD A GREAT TIME LAST NIGHT!!! TEE HEE HEE!!!”

Here is the REAL reason you need to drop your Facebook acocunt.

I think people need to do REAL social networking. Meeting/talking to people face to face and connecting them with other that they know who may have the same interests. Be the link between 2 people who SHOULD know each other but don’t.

^^^^^ THIS

SICKABS - I highly doubt you have EVER made a real life contact from facebook. Delete facebook if you are man enough to meet women in real life. Internet dating is a joke and for the cowardly who cant approach people. Probably like yourself.

[quote]mokaloka99 wrote:
^^^^^ THIS

SICKABS - I highly doubt you have EVER made a real life contact from facebook. Delete facebook if you are man enough to meet women in real life. Internet dating is a joke and for the cowardly who cant approach people. Probably like yourself.
[/quote]

Why can’t people use both?

[quote]mokaloka99 wrote:
^^^^^ THIS

[/quote]

donkey boner

Phone calls? People still do that? I thought they got rid of that technology :o

[quote]SickAbs wrote:
If you dont like women then deleting facebook is no big deal.[/quote]

2x

This, and i hope you like not getting invited to parties / Throw any parties.

Facebook is a life savor in order to get the word out without having to call 50 people.

OP is a douchebag. FB is the shit. Just don’t put a bunch of pics on there that you don’t want your mom seein’ (BTW it is pretty lame my mom got a FB and tried to add me as a friend. WTF am I going to do not add my own mom? And yes I expect the yes answer.)

[quote]markdp wrote:
OP is a douchebag. FB is the shit. Just don’t put a bunch of pics on there that you don’t want your mom seein’ (BTW it is pretty lame my mom got a FB and tried to add me as a friend. WTF am I going to do not add my own mom? And yes I expect the yes answer.)[/quote]

I thought it was weird when your mom friended me too.